Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest after the Hot Toys one I personally can live without a 12" T-1000 from Neca except maybe, as Maulfan said, a liquid metal version or if they made their own versions of exploded T-1000 or skewered in half T-1000, things that HT are very unlikely to attempt for 1/6th scale.

I love Necas 7" T-1000, particularly the way it captures his build, his posture, his stern frown and clenched jaw, but there are paint problems and an unsightly seam running through the middle of his head - I don't think these issues would be corrected at 12".

I guess they could do it for the guys on a budget who want a 1/6th T-1000 but can't afford the HT one (thats not a slag, I'm sure some people have genuine reasons for not paying HT prices).

That said if they did make one I'd support it and buy it despite not feeling a great need for it. I'd also buy a 12" Cyberdyne showdown figure as I find the 7" version incredibly satisfying as a representation of the mini-gun scene and I just can't seem to be impressed by the HT figure holding a mini-gun - it just looks off to me. So I'd love if Neca would jump in there.

To be honest after the Hot Toys one I personally can live without a 12" T-1000 from Neca except maybe, as Maulfan said, a liquid metal version or if they made their own versions of exploded T-1000 or skewered in half T-1000, things that HT are very unlikely to attempt for 1/6th scale.

I love Necas 7" T-1000, particularly the way it captures his build, his posture, his stern frown and clenched jaw, but there are paint problems and an unsightly seam running through the middle of his head - I don't think these issues would be corrected at 12".

I guess they could do it for the guys on a budget who want a 1/6th T-1000 but can't afford the HT one (thats not a slag, I'm sure some people have genuine reasons for not paying HT prices).

That said if they did make one I'd support it and buy it despite not feeling a great need for it. I'd also buy a 12" Cyberdyne showdown figure as I find the 7" version incredibly satisfying as a representation of the mini-gun scene and I just can't seem to be impressed by the HT figure holding a mini-gun - it just looks off to me. So I'd love if Neca would jump in there.

Yes, I would have preffered a 12 inch cyberdyne showdown over the final battle 12 inch which we got...

I'd rather Cyberdyne instead of Pescadero for 12". The Pescadero look is basic and the parts easily customizable to make a figure like Sideshow's or Hot Toys, but the accurracy of parts on the Cyberdyne and the overall of the BD offer things you can't do on your own. I've customized a Hot Toys figure for the Cyberdyne look, but the exact bag for the ammo isn't out there, a grenade bandolier with properly scaled grenades isn't out there. A NECA Cyberdyne figure would be more overall accurrate than any custom can be, and of course, there is no other 12" BD figure out there.

I'd take 2 12" Cyberdyne showdowns - one to keep fully intact and fully geared up and another to mine for parts to use with Hot Toys MMS117.

Of all Neca's T2 7" line so far that hasn't been upscaled it would seem Cyberdyne Showdown T-800 would be the best candidate. It has instant recogniseability plus major cool factor.

I'd take a Steel Mill 12" too, be nice to have a 12" figure posed in that classic aiming the M79 shot with the pistol up in his right hand.

True. I was going to say that a HT figure would be able to pull off that pose with a greater degree of accuracy but not necessarily with the muscle body.

I love the McFarlane figure for that. Give it the Neca head and its perfection IMO for that particular pose in 7".

Well, my wish list with NECA 12" at this point is to mix with my HT's to make a full 12" T2 collection, so basically, anything HT hasn't done, I'd be up for NECA doing so I'd have it.

Yeah I probably would too. Its a pity that sales were apparently slow for the 2 12"ers we have. I agree they'll probably stick to just 7" now.

Well least we have those to look forward to, I still want to complete my collection in that scale. I can't wait to see what new versions of T-1000 we get and what ones they leave me to try and put together myself through partswapping, modding etc.

Right now I'm planning to make a steel mill T-1000 who has just taken the fatal grenade shot using the decidedly panicked looking head from the Mcfarlane figure - I have one to spare. I may yet need to create my own more scene accurate donut head should Neca not do that one. Finally I want to put a Neca head onto the Mcfarlane body for those specific (sarah connor inflicted) bullet hits when he almost gets knocked into the molten steel - again if Neca don't do that themselves.

Last edited:
Hopefully the 20th anniversary will be a fun year, it'd suck if all the T2 fun was wasted a year early, not that I mind getting all this cool stuff, but knowing it's a milestone for the film as you get everything adds a bit of extra fun to it.

>sigh< god dammit the joints in the T-1000 figure are brittle. Yet another shoulder broken just now, barely touched the thing. Get on this Neca! :mad:

NECA's shoulders are notorious for breakage, I had 2 of the same Jack Sparrow break in the same way, I'm very heistant to pose shoulder joints on their figures much.

From zero problems with the T-800 figures to breakages or visible weaknesses in the joints of... I've lost track of how many of my T-1000s. Shoulders and elbows. Its ridiculous not being able to use the articulation for the very warranted fear of breaking the figure.

I'm sure it's a price paid for the overall quality. To get figures of NECA's calibur without creeping into the $20+ per figure range, I'm sure cheaper plastics are used on parts to save where paint apps might cost more than say Hasbro toys.

Seriously... what do people think before they upload 2288x1712 photos. Do they never say to themselves, this is bigger than my screen... unless that person owns a 30" display or two... how can they think thats normal viewing.

By the looks of it, he has a 30".

While it's a pain and people should just post smaller photos, I'd switch your posts per page view to a lower number, I have to go 3 pages back to see those at 10 posts per page.

I'm at the default view as it is, 10 posts. Nearly 1Meg per photo. It doesn't make much difference now but when you want to see what people are talking about then your browser starts jumping scrolling two miles left and right, one can't help but go asdfk@#!^ ;)

As for the figure. I love the way they have done the leather. If only Hot Toys could have made it as flat as that but I guess it may never be possible... I know it's plastic but it still looks really nice. Maybe unless one had thinner material. Say like the guy doing the Matrix clothes in the customs section.

I think with Hot Toys it was about balancing the quality of the material and the overall cut of the jacket. Maybe they could have found and used a thinner material but maybe it wouldn't lay right on the figure or have the same look to the way light catchs it and all THe only part on the HT coat that really bothers me is the collar thickness, if that part were thinner and flatter to the body, I think the overall proportion of the head and body would look better. NECA's figures do benefit from being fully sculpted.

From zero problems with the T-800 figures to breakages or visible weaknesses in the joints of... I've lost track of how many of my T-1000s. Shoulders and elbows. Its ridiculous not being able to use the articulation for the very warranted fear of breaking the figure.

They will send you replacements if you ask.

Back