Official "I'm going to SDCC-2007"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
Oh, yes! The shirt!! I take it back!!! I did get something!!!

:slap

My memory ain't what is used to be. Or is it? I can't remember...

I would lend you some of my ginko beloba, but I forgot where I put it.............................:emperor

The ill Jedi said:
Dude, in my opinion Dick's is awesome. Sure it's loud and the waiters are rude and crass, but guess what...they're supposed to be! It's definitely not the type of place where you go to have a quiet dinner; you go there to see people behave like idiots and have a laugh at other people's expense. You just go there to have fun and get some good eats, I'd rather have that than be at some uptight joint where you can't even laugh out loud without someone looking at you funny.

I was like don't these people know thats they way it is at Dicks. They treat you like crap you can start napkin wars, anything. And where else can you win a lobster with the claw game. Last year was funny so many people were upset about the service, one group asked for the manager and got told off but the waitress and the manager:lol

On a side note they are opening a Dick in Vegas, but can't remember for the life of me what hotel it was at.

Ohh and yes I am going. Even if I have to sleep on the beach, wait if I do that I might never leave the beach ohh well I will figure something out, I always do.

heh heh Dicks sounds interesting. Is it really anything goes there? Like imposssible to get kicked out? Because I will try my damnedest

Tom....didn't you get a gift card? Thought everybody did....they were giving those away like water. Everytime I turned around Diane or Dusty or Chris or somebody was asking..."Did you get one of our giftcards? They can be $25 to $100." Shoulda lied and told them no so I'd get bunches. And of course, they were doing some live Doors of Indecision as well.

As for Dick's. We were a large group (and very tired and very hungry) so we wound up inside. Got seated up against the wall and close to the music. LOUD and hot and didn't give us a chance to do any real talking -- and most of us I think were together to do that. Pub crawling was for later. Next time....I think waiting for an outside seat would be great.

Congerking....that napkin thrower might've been me. :eek:

Memnoch21 said:
heh heh Dicks sounds interesting. Is it really anything goes there? Like imposssible to get kicked out? Because I will try my damnedest
Not impossible but my friends once got in napkin war with another table and after a while started to throw anything we could find, one even threw a salt shaker, and we didnt get kicked out. Pretty much keep it legal and your probally good to go.

mwahahahahahaha :lol :lol That's it, Freaks lunch at Dick's. Then youll see a real napkin war.

Also what is this Doors of Indecision I keep hearing about?

ha, good to know. But I am assuiming this is something done at SS's booth? Do they pick you to play? Is there a sign up or something?

mfoga said:
I was like don't these people know thats they way it is at Dicks. They treat you like crap you can start napkin wars, anything.

You know!? Just go there to have a good time, not be a stuffed shirt with your nose in the air.

Memnoch21 said:

Anything short of a fist fight I think. :lol

Memnoch21 said:
ha, good to know. But I am assuiming this is something done at SS's booth? Do they pick you to play? Is there a sign up or something?
It was at a booth at SS's area. They have a drawing for who gets to play at set times, but I think 2 or 3 times it was either family or friends playing against each other. It was fixed:lol

So I guess Dick's it is, Now we just have to settle on a day. If the Freak's party is on Friday, we can have the Lunch (or Dinner) either Thursday or Saturday. I'll start up a thread asking you all which day would be better.

The ill Jedi said:
You know!? Just go there to have a good time, not be a stuffed shirt with your nose in the air.
I think the key is just to role with the punches, the more it appears to bug you the more they push you. And remember you can give them crap too.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all. This trip gets better and better each year.

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah... I will have to put Josh2 on my nametag somewhere... :lol

Man, that will be funny. I'll have to put a 1 by mine. You guys that have never met me will finally get to see I'm actually a really nice guy.

jlcmsu said:
Man, that will be funny. I'll have to put a 1 by mine. You guys that have never met me will finally get to see I'm actually a really nice guy.

Don't believe him for a moment!!! :D

Back