Official "I'm going to SDCC-2007"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congerking said:
Is Dick's the crazy BBQ place where it is a madhouse inside. I remember going there and a little girl kept throwing papers at my head while I was eating and everyone was encouraging her and laughing. I never in my life wanted to hurt a little child, but I came close then. Weird place that is...

Last time I went there was a few years ago..I left there to before even ordering.. The waiter thought he was a funny guy by pulling people around in thier chairs(while they were eating).. I couldnt get out of there fast enough..

Bodie The Cursed said:
Last time I went there was a few years ago..I left there to before even ordering.. The waiter thought he was a funny guy by pulling people around in thier chairs(while they were eating).. I couldnt get out of there fast enough..

Yea, same here. Buddy and I got drinks and saw what the atmosphere was like and said we had an emergency and left. The ONLY time I've ever done that as well.

I am likely starting a new job this summer in Vegas, but have every intention of going for at least a few of the days.

:chew

Ooooo-ooooooo, pick me, pick me!! Of course I'm going :D :chew

Darklord Dave said:
I might be there too, not sure yet.

What?? Whatever dude, you're totally going or else NO PRIZES for the party :monkey3

Bodie The Cursed said:

Dick's is ok if you stay in the open court out front!!! Just don't go inside! :rotfl

lcummins said:
Dick's is ok if you stay in the open court out front!!! Just don't go inside! :rotfl

Well, true unless you get the waiter that enjoys lifting up his shirt and rubbing his chest for all his customers. :lol

CAhobbit said:
Well, true unless you get the waiter that enjoys lifting up his shirt and rubbing his chest for all his customers. :lol

We had the unfortunate luck of being "served" by a 5'6" frat reject who only thought to write insults on people's hats. I threw some napkins at him, and well; he didn't care for that much. :lol :rotfl

I'll go if someone will put me up for the night(s). :D

Ah, who am I kidding. I always say I'm going, then wind up taking the money and spending it on statues and such. :eek: Master Replicas is announcing their X-Wing this year, after all. :rock

congerking said:
Is Dick's the crazy BBQ place where it is a madhouse inside. I remember going there and a little girl kept throwing papers at my head while I was eating and everyone was encouraging her and laughing. I never in my life wanted to hurt a little child, but I came close then. Weird place that is...

Dude, in my opinion Dick's is awesome. Sure it's loud and the waiters are rude and crass, but guess what...they're supposed to be! It's definitely not the type of place where you go to have a quiet dinner; you go there to see people behave like idiots and have a laugh at other people's expense. You just go there to have fun and get some good eats, I'd rather have that than be at some uptight joint where you can't even laugh out loud without someone looking at you funny.

lcummins said:

The inside of that place doesn't get any more bizarre than this place we call home, the Freak's board. :D

Ooh, post #666 :devil

Danny helped them kill a ****roach (or was it a rat? Everything is a bit fuzzy) and we got a free round of drinks! Dick's is okay by me!

Captain Aldeggon said:
There are prizes?!?!?

Not for me. I forgot to bring my luck with me to SDCC.

I failed to get my name drawn at the Freaks Party. And there were a TON of prizes.

I entered my name in the magical prize drawing computer at the Sideshow booth and failed to win a prize. LOTRFan went right after me and won an Electric Tiki statue. I tried again and failed. Giant Chicken went right after me and won an Angel 12" figure.

I also failed to get an entry form for the Gentle Giant contest where they scan your face and turn you into a Star Wars bust.

All in all, a rather unlucky year for prizes and me. But I got to spend a lot of quality time with the Boba Fett PF and meet tons of people in person for the first time, so it was worth it.

Back