Official HT Predator 2 image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I didnt think there would be a figure this year that was better than the endo but I think this one is it, to at least.

Perhaps the endo has more to offer in the way of "wow factor", but for my money I like this Pred more.

I think its my favorite 1/6 figure I have gotten this year.

It is the only 1/6 scale figure I got this year. Next year Will probably be the Elder and whatever Preds come out by Hot Toys.

Best Predator yet :rock

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0190-1.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

IMG_0187-1.jpg

Well mine came early,I thought it was'nt suppose to arrive until Monday.I had very little problems setting him up.Someone had said they had problems with his knee pads,I did not see this as an issue.You need to put the net and everything else on first except for the shins(lower legs)and then you put the knee pads on,slide the knee pads up to the knee and then put the lower legs on.You'll have to kind of shimmy the lower legs up through the net,just be careful not to rip it.I like the new dreds soft flow,but they feel like they would fall out easily.The helmet is nice effort on HT's part to fix the old sh%#ty way of putting the AVP's helmet's on.The paint app on the face and I'm sorry but it looks like they didn't put a lot of effort into it.I'll post pics tonight when I have more time I'm picking my Medi Boba Fett tonight as well,WoW what great day it's gonna be.

I really didn't like the paint on the face when I saw pictures, but in person it actually looked really good. I think my only issue those is the eyes don't have enought life to them... and he ends up kinda beedy-eyed.

I really didn't like the paint on the face when I saw pictures, but in person it actually looked really good. I think my only issue those is the eyes don't have enought life to them... and he ends up kinda beedy-eyed.
I agree. The paint, although still not as good as the Prototype, was quite satisfactory. I wish it had less gloss though, that makes it seem more toy like.

I actually think the gloss helps a bit... to me it made him look a bit more alive then if it was matte. Although I think we can all agree it'd be better if it looked like Les' :drool

I actually think the gloss helps a bit... to me it made him look a bit more alive then if it was matte. Although I think we can all agree it'd be better if it looked like Les' :drool

Yep, Les' Pred 2 looks like something out of a science fiction museum! :drool

Yeah Hot Toys really stuffed up bu not glossing the AVP bodies, i took my scar apart and glossed him and he looks so much better. When i recieve my AVP Elder and Chopper im gonna gloss them before i assemble them too.

Hopefully the Elder P2 comes glossed

Wow awesome re paint, great pic's, and now you guys have made me really really think about getting some of these Predator's!!!. Thanks alot you guys!!!!!!!!!:google.

Thought I would show my Pred 2 in context to his brothers...
Here is my entire 1/6 Predator movie collection...so far...

MYPREDS1.jpg

And the three "main" stars of the three films so far...

MYPREDS2.jpg

And don't think I won't paint up a P1 if Hot Toys ever gets to him! Still will!
That one is my original Billiken vinyl kit.

Anyway, finally to see P2 in there with his bro! Been a long time coming! :rock

The line-up looks great Les! That Billiken really hightlights how badly we need a P1 from Hot Toys... luckily for you, you'll be covered either way.

Nice shots Les! It's so cool to see them all lined up like that! :rock2

I cannot wait to give it a shot here when I get my P2. :D

Absolutely!
This (or any) Predator is not only a great temporary mental escape from the standard human skin tones and 5 O'clock shadows etc., that we paint a lot of, but he is also a great way to practice other skin and surface logic and techniques. Very relaxing compared to faces. Still has some exacting stuff to keep up with, shades, tones, color balances between the armor and skintones, but a FAR more relaxing way to paint, than a human.

You'll love painting your's Josh. My advice, take your time, and scope all references in here of him. It helps that I have a large 1992 era poster of him.
Just look good at the colors. And watch the movie and don't get lost in all the blue lit shots. Those will throw you off. Just study the real tones in photos of him online. They are all over! :rock

I got my Predator 2 from CSC. This is my first predator. I was always a little eh about the head size on the AVP ones, but this one was really awesome looking and predator 2 was one of my favorite predators, so much cooler than the new ones.

This was also the most complicated figure i've dealt with. Only having gotten the alien warrior before that was a "kit" figure this one was crazy with all the parts. But i took the time and managed ok. I actually forgot the necklace trophy but i managed to unsnap the armor and slip it on under there after assembly. All mines parts seemed to open and work well so i was glad. And it all went on pretty tight and nice.

Here's my pics just showin off the different kick ass parts
htpredator1.jpg

htpredator2.jpg

htpredator3.jpg

htpredator4.jpg

htpredator5.jpg

I'm really torn on how to display him, i've always been a big fan of the predators masks so its natural that i tend to prefer them that way but his unmaksed head is so awesome that im not sure which i prefer with the figure. Either way this is by far my favorite HT figure so far of the only 5 i have. And im so happy to finally have a predator.

God i love hot toys heh.

htpredator1.jpg

God i love hot toys heh.

this pic is awesome!!!! really shows off the paint of the fig. i still like him better with the helmet, but i think it's more because the paint on his face doesn't match the rest of his body.

a beautiful figure, and i plan on putting mine together today or tomorrow.

:rock :rock :rock

and yeah, Hot Toys are the shiznit!!

I just got my replacment Pred 2 fro, Alter Ego and assembled him.
Strangely enough, I didn't have the same problems this time that I had before.
The first time the net suit was tighter and more difficult to slide up, the second one was lose. The "briefs" were a breeze. I makes a huge difference if you heat the briefs before assembling. But this time the chest armor was a real b!tch to assemble. If it went on as easily as the first Pred 2, I would've had the easiest Predator build ever.

Spear is in one piece, briefs are mostly intact (the left thigh armor came apart and has to be reglued, no problem), The eyes on this head are painted on more centered, and the net suit is quite lose on this one. I did however compare the two and piecemealed the perfect P2, glad I did because there were some paint inconsistencies and the gauntlet was a little faulty on the new one.

I also noticed that there's another moving part on his left gauntlet, after you pull up the net launcher, pull forward on the segmented ridge on the back of the upper net launcher!
Awesome looking Pred, I can't wait for the P2 Elder!

Back