Official HT Predator 2 image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Les! This one really looks alive in the full-figure shots! Outstanding work on the fine details, too. The extra time you put into the hands and feet really shows. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!

With all the extra bangles and stuff that come on the Elder, I wonder how many hours you'll end up putting into that bad mofo!:D

Okay Les, Now I want one of these. 1st rate job!(but who would doubt that). Your re-paint really brought out the character in the sculpt, I know how painting Predator's can drive a sane person around the bend, but the finished product is amazing.
And king darkness, outstanding outdoor shots! love the poses..makes me want one even more. I do have one question, Is the neck better articulated than the AvP series? Looks like it might be from the pictures

I want to reiterate, AWESOME SHOTS KING! :rock
Even unrepainted, this is a king among figures! :D

As for head questions...
It is MUCH better than any of the AVP ones. Why? No longer are they hard plastic heads, with inserted rubber rings (that break or mess up a lot), but are solid molded vinyl heads, so the neck opening slightly opens and closes tightly around the mount rings on the necks more easily. Ergo, it is BETTER!
An improvement!
Glad to see our shots are helping some of you make decisions about getting this one. It is worthy!

As for posing the head, it's about the same opening as before. I trim off some of the inner neck on the body, so he can pose more freely. The neck cover hides this.
Add to that, with the newer, thinner non-wired dreads, he also is much easier to pose in any direction. AND, you don't get shoulder gun mount issues either.
In all, MUCH IMPROVED! I take back my wire preference statement from before. :D

Now, to the P2 Elder, and....one day...P1! Rock

(For that matter, hope they snag an AVPA licence...anybody know if they have yet?)

I want to reiterate, AWESOME SHOTS KING! :rock
Even unrepainted, this is a king among figures! :D

As for head questions...
It is MUCH better than any of the AVP ones. Why? No longer are they hard plastic heads, with inserted rubber rings (that break or mess up a lot), but are solid molded vinyl heads, so the neck opening slightly opens and closes tightly around the mount rings on the necks more easily. Ergo, it is BETTER!
An improvement!
Glad to see our shots are helping some of you make decisions about getting this one. It is worthy!

As for posing the head, it's about the same opening as before. I trim off some of the inner neck on the body, so he can pose more freely. The neck cover hides this.
Add to that, with the newer, thinner non-wired dreads, he also is much easier to pose in any direction. AND, you don't get shoulder gun mount issues either.
In all, MUCH IMPROVED! I take back my wire preference statement from before. :D

Now, to the P2 Elder, and....one day...P1! Rock

(For that matter, hope they snag an AVPA licence...anybody know if they have yet?)
Do you mean AVP Requiem?
Yep HT said they have the license.
Les, was your head repaint just a blending of the yellow on the crown and added black around the eyes or more then that?

Yeah Les your repaint is another grand figure for your collection!

Have you posted you collection display in the collection forum, would love to see it!

And King great batch of pictures and poses...

Got mine today and I'm in love... this figure is great. Nowhere as cool a Les' repaint of course... but I'm surprised how much it rocks. I even like the stock paint of the head which so far in pictures has looked to clean. I person its actually very well done.

I'll have some pics posted in a bit :rock

Les, you've gone and done what I've been thinking about since I saw pix of the production figure, and set the bar pretty damn high in the process. Well done...PS

Do you mean AVP Requiem?
Yep HT said they have the license.
Les, was your head repaint just a blending of the yellow on the crown and added black around the eyes or more then that?

To answer you SM, Yes, Cool & More than that. :D

I spent agood bit of time around the upper mid head, repainting and straightening out the pattern already there. I thought the stencils they must have used were pretty good already, just didn't like the weird greying effect they did on top of it, so it darkens out the pattern too much, so I reinstated the brights, and then, retouched the browns or siennas, and lightened up some on the black outlines and dots a bit. Ended up redoing his entire mouth and mandible areas, and completely painted the neck, back of the head you don't see too well, and some details on the dreads. I need to finish those sometime, as there are more details in those dread rings and such.

Anyway, yes. I did repaint a lot. Mostly tweaked a lot areas, balancing it to the body better. But, it is not a total coverage repaint on the head (It is on the body and hands and feet and most of the armor.
I really kind of like the head pattern Hot Toys did. It just needs adjusting here and there.

P2011.jpg

I am sure, with more time, I can add small spines, and tweak some more details even further. Been kind of preoccupied with other work, and computer issues this week, to fine tune it much more right now.

Here's mine... I really think its an excellent figure. I think what bugs me is that the eyes are to simple and end up squinty looking when compared to the rest of the face. I love the head paint as long as I can't see his beedy eyes :lol

P2a.jpg

p2b.jpg

p2c.jpg

p2d.jpg

p2e.jpg

And just for fun, my own version of Dead End:
predbat.gif

Wow Les, that is fantastic work and King they look like movie stills.
Here are a couple of my old pics-

fight2.jpg

fight3.jpg

pose3.jpg

pose4.jpg

pose2-4.jpg

Okay I got my Predator, but have a major problem.
The F*&#ING peg in the back of his "shorts" broke off. Also one of the Spear tips was broken off in the package.
I really don't want to send it back to Alter Ego, but I can't think of a way to fix the broken peg that's under a ton of stress.
I thought about pre-drilling it and drilling a small screw in to the peg from the back, but it's so damn tiny that I don't think I can find a screw small enough.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back