Official Hot Toys Video Game Masterpiece Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, yes, yes, to everything mentioned. Full on Resident Evil line-up, I want a giant 20" Tyrant, STARS, yeahhh.

Plus, Metal Gear would be sick, but I think Medicom's got that all tied up.

I loved the design of Rex and the confrontation at the games end is one of my favourites game moments ever. Its almost a shame he was 50 meters tall though, rendering a 1/6 replica totally implausable.

The MGS series has such a rich depth of interesting characters and the future-tech militaria art direction lends itself prefectly for a series of figures by Hot Toys.

Rex was a monstrosity (a mechanical T-Rex) and would be, as you said, implausible in 1/6 scale. But I wonder if the USMC Ray version from Sons of Liberty might not be possible? It was a sleeker and more modular design that might be possible to replicate if it were done in sub-assemblies... arms, legs, body, and tail, which could be assembled as a kit. It would still be huge in 1/6 scale, but Hot Toys has already made two large 1/6 scale "kits" and pulled it off quite successfully. I don't know if they'd actually be able to sell enough of them to cover the costs of producing it, but can you imagine having a 1/6 Metal Gear Ray, in full USMC camouflage paint, on display in your study or living room? :google Yikes!

I don't know if Medicom actually has a "lock" on the licensing for Metal Gear with Konami or not, but I somehow doubt that Medicom will ever do any more Metal Gear figures than the two from the upcoming MGS4: Guns of the Patriots game. I've been collecting Medicom stuff for a long time now, and I've found that they tend to choose just one or two characters from any given movie or game license and leave it at that. Take the movie version of Wolverine for example. They did a few Marvel "comic" versions, but those aren't the sort of figures we're talking about. Hot Toys, on the other hand, has already made seven characters from Aliens, including the alien warrior, and the freakin' power loader!!! If anyone can make all those MGS figures for us, my money's on Hot Toys!
:rock :rock :rock

I'm guessing Konami is free to make a licensing deal with any company they choose, and if Hot Toys approached them with a plan to make their own 1/6 scale versions of MGS characters, I think they'd be all ears. And why not??? :D

silent hill figures especially the monsters(PH et all) and anything from resident evil I will buy it...I'm just a sucker for that stuff...sentimental auld git

I forgot to mention Silent Hill, good call on that one! The main characters were basically just fairly ordinary folks, but some of the creepy-ass creatures they battled would make very disturbingly nice 1/6 scale figures! As far as I know, nobody's ever made any of those before.

Regarding HT's R.E.4 figures coming out soon, I've only ordered the two Leons and SSC's Chainsaw Ganado exclusive. I wish they had made Ada too, but in a way I'm glad they didn't, 'cause that's another $130 I'd have to cough up. I do hope they make her someday, though. It's tough when they release so many figures all at the same time. Hopefully they'll pace their future releases so we won't be completely overwhelmed. :monkey4

There's one other Capcom title I forgot to mention, Dino Crisis. Kind of old, but the main characters were cool, especially Regina. They had some pretty nasty weapons, too. I wouldn't mind if Hot Toys made 'em, and maybe a 1/6 scale articulated Raptor figure for them to tangle with.

Darklord Dave,

I think this thread belongs in the Video Games section. I'd didn't realize there was one or I would've started this thread there in the first place. Can you fix it? Thanks! :D

Hmm... guess the thread stays here then. At least for the time being.

GOW has some truly kick-ass characters. Somebody is bound to jump on that idea for 1/6 scale figures... be interesting to see who takes up the challenge.

Don't know exactly when the new Resident Evil 4 figures are going to be released, but I hope we don't have to wait too much longer. I'm really looking forward to this new line taking off. If the RE4 figures do well then hopefully HT will announce some new licenses in the near future.

That would be great. This thread needs some pics of something pretty soon. The only Hot Toys VG character I have at the moment is Commander Specter, from SOCOM: Combined Assault, but I guess that would do just to start things off.

A few years back Konami released some 12" MGS figures through Yamato. Nowhere near the kind of kick-ass figures Hot Toys is turning out these days, but not too bad considering. I only have Meryl and Liquid Snake, but picked them up for next to nothing. If Hot Toys could get this license, they could do them so much better. Somehow, I doubt Medicom has any plans to revisit Metal Gear Solid or Sons of Liberty, so hopefully that leaves the door open for a company like Hot Toys to step in and fulfill the wishes of 1/6 scale collectors.

I'd like some cool 12" figures from Mass Effect. :rock

And is it Gentle Giant or Master Replicas that is supposed to be doing a 1/6 Master Chief figure from Halo? (GG, I think).

Thanks for moving the thread Darklord D, this is probably where it rightly belongs. :cool:

Here's a previously posted pic of Hot Toys' first (as far as I know) video game character. It wasn't an official "Video Game Masterpiece", but I guess it may have been what gave them the incentive to start the new line. This is one of my all time favorite, if somewhat flawed PS2 game series... SOCOM - US Navy SEALs. (The Predator is just in there for the hell of it, although a "SEALs vs Predator" game might be interesting...) When the next installment of SOCOM comes out, I hope Hot Toys makes some more of them.

P1010367-3.jpg

Great pics! Looks like Hot Toys hit another one out of the park. I've got both versions of Leon pre-ordered. If they're out in HK now then it shouldn't be long before they start shipping elsewhere... can't wait to finally have these in hand!!!
:chew:chew:chew

I've ordere my RPD Leon from ABC Express so I should get him soon as well! Can't wait for those! The box is very classy and Krauser rocks!!:monkey5

Back