Official Hot Toys Resident Evil Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
know anything about it?capcom stated that they dont have plans for a new resident evil and that resident 6 might be a reboot

Well I read somewhere that by 'reboot', they mean a whole new gameplay mechanic, not necessarily leaving the Resident Evil storyline.

Damn it, a reboot? I've read about that. If it's better this time around then I guess I'll play it. The camera angles prior RE4 made it scary. Now it's over the shoulder. Not as cool.

They should switch it to MGS style; where you need to shoot; it goes to over the shoulder view.

Last edited:
i have heard about the 8 years to make the new game.But in the meantime why dont they remake RE2 which is my favorite for ps3 with new graphics control etc

I think by reboot, they meant reinvention. They've gone far enough away from the ink ribbon and herb formula from RE1 that it's time to go back and start over. I remember reading the hype from RE5 talking about how sunlight plays a pivotal role and blah blah, that wasn't even close to how it was. We really need to go back to zombies, not infected villagers or whatever.

I think an action RPG style game would be fun, Rebecca being a medic, Jill being a thief type (master of unlocking, haha). Maybe like an action game with an RTS flavor, like issuing commands to team members to investigate an area. Just go way out there with different aspects.

Video games are really just limited to a developer's imagination nowadays, just have a video game about what it would really be like if an elite commando squad encountered zombies. They wouldn't be hindered by a locked door, they'd just blow it open. Make ammo limited, but very powerful, one shot can blast a zombie, or since they are slow and you control an elite soldier just zip around and snap their neck.

I've been playing the PC version, which has the business suit Sheva...its niiice.

Yeah, same. It looks a lot better from the back...Truly. The webbing and stuff that goes with it is cool.

---

i have heard about the 8 years to make the new game.But in the meantime why dont they remake RE2 which is my favorite for ps3 with new graphics control etc

Yeah I know about 8 years but I think they are hoping it will only take 4. Regardless, any REmakes they throw at us would be cool, as long as it isn't a rail shooter. Or for a handheld.:monkey3

---

...about how sunlight plays a pivotal role and blah blah, that wasn't even close to how it was.

I think about the sunlight wasn't about it being a game mechanic or anything, more just how to immerse the player esthetically:
Yasuhiro Anpo: "As Africa was our chosen locale, we had to work on how to depict scenes in strong African sunshine - which is totally new for the Resident Evil series..."
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi: "This was a very difficult theme for us. Being asked to represent horror in well-lit areas was pretty hard to imagine at first. The focus on high-contrast lighting with extremes of "brightness" and "darkness", was devised as we tried to figure out how to achieve that goal."

About it being a reboot, I think the development team see RE4 and 5 as a pair, but the style might become stale if it just follows the same routine, much as the preceeding installments were criticised for.
"...series creator Shinji Mikami, who told Official PlayStation Magazine "I think Resident Evil 5 doesn't need to change the series, but Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series with another full model change or else it won't be able to keep on going."

I think the ideas you suggested are quite interesting. Personally I'd like to see some more emphasis put on survival, limiting resources and move it to a cold locale, like 'The Thing' or something.

I just wish HT would make some figures from earlier games. I'd love to see Jill and Nemesis get the DX treatment.

Jill Valentine with PERS and both S.T.A.R.S. and RE3 outfits, removable beret, S.T.A.R.S. Beretta, S&W 629, Benelli M3 Super 90, M4 assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Taser and 2 Daggers (one RE1 style the other RE3 style), tactical harness and just for biojex, a 1/6 Barry Burton accessory figure :D

Nemesis 15" tall, with 2 different headsculpts (one normal one growling with open mouth), removable leather trench coat that reveals newly desgined Nemesis body with detachable bendible tenticles, Rocket Launcher, 4 alternate hand sets (2 to grip weapon and 2 with open palms, the right open palm has a removable tenticle aswell).

RE5 Jill with BSAA outfit and Bodysuit that unzips, 2 alternated head with PERS (one blonde and one brunette) removable mind control device, pauncho, removable bird mask and cap, PX Storm pistol, Beretta 92fs, MP5, PSG1 Sniper Rifle, 2 Skorpion machine pistols and knife.

Last edited:
I just wish HT would make some figures from earlier games. I'd love to see Jill and Nemesis get the DX treatment.

Jill Valentine with PERS and both S.T.A.R.S. and RE3 outfits, removable beret, S.T.A.R.S. Beretta, S&W 629, Benelli M3 Super 90, M4 assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Taser and 2 Daggers (one RE1 style the other RE3 style), tactical harness and just for biojex, a 1/6 Barry Burton accessory figure :D

Nemesis 15" tall, with 2 different headsculpts (one normal one growling with open mouth), removable leather trench coat that reveals newly desgined Nemesis body with detachable bendible tenticles, Rocket Launcher, 4 alternate hand sets (2 to grip weapon and 2 with open palms, the right open palm has a removable tenticle aswell).

RE5 Jill with BSAA outfit and Bodysuit that unzips, 2 alternated head with PERS (one blonde and one brunette) removable mind control device, pauncho, removable bird mask and cap, PX Storm pistol, Beretta 92fs, MP5, PSG1 Sniper Rifle, 2 Skorpion machine pistols and knife.

I dream of the day that we get all this...

I got a transformed Krauser today (better late than never) but I'm having a big problem putting his arm together. The biggest piece with all the blade on it, just does not seem to want to fit. It looks to me like the back shaft that goes up into the arm is too long, and is keeping the front two connectors from going in all the way. Anybody else have problems here, or have any advice?

I got the normal Krauser on Monday and his Bow was not in the box so I had to email and now Im waiting for it to come... This had to happen sooner or later...

so this is my fourth resident evil custom figure
barry burton from re1 and mercenaries re5

is not totally complete i still waiting for the belt to come.
please comment.

Great lookin' custom you've made. Might have to go this route myself if HT doesn't step up anytime soon. The vest is throwing me off a bit, but guess does the job just fine.

Outfit looks great, but base on those screen shots, I think the head is wrong. The first thing I thought of was Ray Stevenson. I know there are a couple of Punisher sculpts going around. If I were you, I'd track one of them down as use that for his head. He seems to have more of a stubble beard than a real beard so the sculpted stubble on the Punisher heads should be perfect for that too!

And I don't see any elbow pads in those pics, so I'd ditch those.

Outfit looks great, but base on those screen shots, I think the head is wrong. The first thing I thought of was Ray Stevenson. I know there are a couple of Punisher sculpts going around. If I were you, I'd track one of them down as use that for his head. He seems to have more of a stubble beard than a real beard so the sculpted stubble on the Punisher heads should be perfect for that too!

you mean this one ?

Back