Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true. I pointed this out in these boards many times before that a lot of times, HT tries their best but the one choosing the sculpt for approval is ultimately not HT but everyone is so quick to put the blame on the artist like with Indy.

You can be sure that HT submitted multiple sculpts for approval (as the norm) and for god knows what reason the one we got was the one approved and HT can't do anything about it.

Think about it, HT is out to make the best figure possible and it would be stupid to purposely release a subpar sculpt.

I have a simple solution. Have the artist sculpt one GREAT sculpt and get some 3 year old kids to make a few more sculpts. Hopefully the sculpt that gets apprived will be the one created by the artist and not the 3 year old kids.
:monkey3

Ive been trying to contact Goodshipped for a while now, sent 4 messages in the past 3 weeks one of them expressing a lot of concern and disappointment and haven't received a response- last I got was ''Late december- smile ^^''.

One thing that bugs me though is that his listing did state it would be shipped within 30 days- no indication it would be from the ''bulk batch''- yet he's parting out his ready now figures? seems like bad customer service. Id endeavour to get my product out to customers- especially if I was sitting on a ready now batch.

definitely my first and last time ordering with goodshipped.

I'm getting pretty frustrated! Should we be worried?

It always states on his listing that it will be shipped within 30 days and never ever does. I knew this already so Im OK with that.
I just got a message from him today saying "Very soon! Hopefully it will be released by next week!

I will inform you when it arrives."

The thing is I only have 5 days to leave feedback now so Im probably gonna cancel my order with him.
Dont wanna take any risks.

It always states on his listing that it will be shipped within 30 days and never ever does. I knew this already so Im OK with that.
I just got a message from him today saying "Very soon! Hopefully it will be released by next week!

The thing is I only have 5 days to leave feedback now so Im probably gonna cancel my order with him.

NEVER EVER pre order on ebay - alwys get a buy it now

Just got this from him...

''Hi Jonny!

Merry Xmas and sorry for my late reply!

real sorry for delay and waiting! But waiting is over as yesterday HT office called and confirmed that they will deliver the DX Jack Sparrow
bulk batch by next week.

can you wait for one more week?

Let me explain to you. The Hong Kong Hot Toys storefront always release the new toy 3~4 weeks before all dealers in this world get their order.
This first slot only available at HK hot toys physical storefront (no discount / no wholesales, i am listing them at US318.88 in my store). we (dealer) will recieve our bulk batch (wholesales order) in 3~4 weeks.

as for the 30 days release statement. it is eBay who forced us to write like this. They only allow preorder item that will be released within 30 days.
But the fact is, all hot toys preorder toys and also other brands have the preorder deadline set at least 3~4 months before the actual release date. While the manufacturer
offers discounted price for preorder customers. I just want to provide all the best toys at the best prices to my customers.

So this is the fact. I am sorry about the hot toys practice which we don't welcome too but this is what hot toys offers and we just offer what they offer. Some people don't mind
high price for fast stock but I always recommend my customers to wait for cheaper bulk batch if they can wait.

I guarantee you that your DX Jack will be shipped by next week. Can you give me one more shot to proof my service?

Smile ^^
Leo
GODOSHIPPED!REVIEW - ACGHK 2011 TOY FAIRS''

feeling a little less worried. I have exceeded my 45 day wait so all I can do is trust him...

I expect i'll receive a similar note from him as I messaged him this morning asking for specific details of what is going on or a refund. I also specifically linked him to this thread saying many others are waiting with little news from him.

Now if he had explained more clearly earlier...

I am in same position Reedie, exceeded 45 day wait. So fingers crossed.

I think you will be alright guys, although the wait must be really irritating. I've never had a problem with him, maybe he just ____ed up with this shipment or took on too many pre-orders. I have no doubt you will get your Jacks, but I know it sucks to be left waiting on something like this. But rejoice, the end is near by the looks of it!
And this is a DX set really worth the wait.
:)

Got my Jack yesterday!!! Man it's a thing of beauty. Really really can't fault it. Looks like a mini person. So glad I got one.

Have you cancelled then?

Yeah, I opened a case with him because I just didnt want to risk anything and I like to be covered by paypal. Even though I have faith in goodshipped and I am sure he will deliver, I like to be safe rather than sorry.

Its a shame Hot Toys are the cause for the delay. Goodshipped is not to blame here.

Yeah, I opened a case with him because I just didnt want to risk anything and I like to be covered by paypal. Even though I have faith in goodshipped and I am sure he will deliver, I like to be safe rather than sorry.

Its a shame Hot Toys are the cause for the delay. Goodshipped is not to blame here.

Cool, I wish I did the same- It should work out okay, I'll keep you posted how the transaction goes- maybe you can re order once in stock. no point burning any bridges.

Ah man, sorry to hear you have had so much hassle with this. It's happened to me before and I know how crap it can be. I hope you get your Sparrow as soon as possible, you did re-order from someone else right?

Ah man, sorry to hear you have had so much hassle with this. It's happened to me before and I know how crap it can be. I hope you get your Sparrow as soon as possible, you did re-order from someone else right?

Thanks rory. Im still waiting for goodshipped to respond to this case and close it before re ordering this figure. I will probably use him again though to be honest as Ive had no problems with him before and I believe this problem was out of his hands.
Will have to see what happens.

To those who haven't received this yet, i wouldn't freak too much afterall BBTS still has this as pre-order when some of us already received ours from them last week. I have never seen that happen, it usually says 'in stock' when the orders start shipping. This is a pretty complicated figure and i'm sure that's the reason for the delay.

not just BBTS

but also Angolz still didnt get their stock & still on "Pre-order"

Weird situation to Some have it early and some still don't after a month of release

Yeah, thats why Im not blaming this on goodshipped now. I heard onesixthbruce said that Hot Toys have been having some delays getting their stock to suppliers on quite a few of their figures, not just Jack. So yeah, it seems like its a HTs problem.

Back