Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After DX Bruce that's a big call. A $220 exclusive got buyers two PERS sculpts, two bodies, 3 costume options, 2 dioramas, a gazillion posing hands and a bunch of weapons. All immaculately detailed, sculpted, painted and tailored. If DX Jack even matches the DX04 release in these areas it'll be an awesome figure - if it does any of these things better than the DX04 release it will be, well, even awesome-er.

DX Jack >= DX Bruce Lee IMO.

You only got that extra body if you got the exclusive, which not everyone did. So you cant really use that in the DX04's defense.

Even if it doesnt match the DX04 in those area's I still see it as the better figure. But thats my opinion.

You only got that extra body if you got the exclusive, which not everyone did. So you cant really use that in the DX04's defense.

Even if it doesnt match the DX04 in those area's I still see it as the better figure. But thats my opinion.

I'm with you on that dude

Why do you think it's the better figure though? Is it anything to do with how you feel about the character, or are you basing your call entirely on the quality of the release as shown in the proto pics?

I'm not arguing, just saying DX04 was a fantastic release and putting DX06 ahead of it is a big call. DX Jack can blow Lee out of the water for all I care - I think Lee is awesome, and if Jack is also awesome then that's two DXs and two wins for me :lol

...now about that DX05 Hot Toys....

Why do you think it's the better figure though? Is it anything to do with how you feel about the character, or are you basing your call entirely on the quality of the release as shown in the proto pics?

I'm not arguing, just saying DX04 was a fantastic release and putting DX06 ahead of it is a big call. DX Jack can blow Lee out of the water for all I care - I think Lee is awesome, and if Jack is also awesome then that's two DXs and two wins for me :lol

...now about that DX05 Hot Toys....

It may have a little to do with how I feel about the character. :)

But theres no denying the elaborateness of Jacks costume. All the details. Thats an impressive feat with what HT has done with that costume. And the hair/head sculpt. Plus getting two faces. And that Rudder. Its just all very well put together.

I have a feeling the DX05 Jones will turn out a lot better than people are thinking and I think they are worrying/fretting over nothing. I have full faith HT will give us the best mass produced 1:6 Jones to date.

Im more curious as to what DX07 will be now that Supes is no longer a DX.....

T2 T-800 Battle Damaged please?

But theres no denying the elaborateness of Jacks costume. All the details. Thats an impressive feat with what HT has done with that costume. And the hair/head sculpt. Plus getting two faces. And that Rudder. Its just all very well put together.

I have a feeling the DX05 Jones will turn out a lot better than people are thinking and I think they are worrying/fretting over nothing. I have full faith HT will give us the best mass produced 1:6 Jones to date.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture :clap

Amen to all of that - and unless HT pull a surprise license out of the bag I can't think of a more desirable DX07 than a BD T2 T-800 :)

I can't wait for this Jack. And that's regardless of what they do with the smiling sculpt. Which will be awesome also.

never really pre ordered before but i believe last flex pay is aug. is that around the time this will be shipping out?

Amen to all of that - and unless HT pull a surprise license out of the bag I can't think of a more desirable DX07 than a BD T2 T-800 :)

I can't wait for this Jack. And that's regardless of what they do with the smiling sculpt. Which will be awesome also.

IMO the smiling sculpt is more important to Jack than regular one, so it is important IMO.:wave

IMO the smiling sculpt is more important to Jack than regular one, so it is important IMO.:wave

Yeh, if HT nail the smiling sculpt I'll be displaying Jack with that sculpt - I meant to say that even if all we got was the serious sculpt, I'd still be impressed by this figure. The smiling sculpt is the icing on the cake :)

Yeah the T2 Battle Damaged T-800 is very high on my most wanted list. Him and Vader would be my most wanted next pics. And maybe a Classic/P1 combo if HT went that route they could make the Predator a DX for all I care too. lol

Otherwise, maybe a Rocky....or Rambo....would be a good guess for DX07 too...I hop it wont be long before they announce it though. :)

Last edited:
Yeh, if HT nail the smiling sculpt I'll be displaying Jack with that sculpt - I meant to say that even if all we got was the serious sculpt, I'd still be impressed by this figure. The smiling sculpt is the icing on the cake :)

I'm not arguing. Without the smiling face, I doubt at least one of the accessaries will be seemingly useless. I can't imagine that Jack is holding a rum bottle with a serious expression.

I remember someone in this board said that it's very hard for HT to surpass this DX06 Jack in the future. I agree this Jack is awesome in every way. If one thing could be improved in this figure, it would be Jack able to close his eyes seperately (I don't know how long HT need to develop this technology). When I saw the exclusive long telescope, I just thought: we seldom see a person using a telescope while both eyes are open. Without the telescope accessary, I won't demand this eye-closing feature.

I'm not arguing. Without the smiling face, I doubt at least one of the accessaries will be seemingly useless. I can't imagine that Jack is holding a rum bottle with a serious expression.

I remember someone in this board said that it's very hard for HT to surpass this DX06 Jack in the future. I agree this Jack is awesome in every way. If one thing could be improved in this figure, it would be Jack able to close his eyes seperately (I don't know how long HT need to develop this technology). When I saw the exclusive long telescope, I just thought: we seldom see a person using a telescope while both eyes are open. Without the telescope accessary, I won't demand this eye-closing feature.

He looks through the telescope with both eyes open in the movie.

I think Superman would've given him a run for his money, had he been given more accessories (CK gear). I think that if HT truly improved their Indy sculpt(which I hope they did), then he'd be a contender. The accessories for that figure are awesome IMO.

I think Superman would've given him a run for his money, had he been given more accessories (CK gear). I think that if HT truly improved their Indy sculpt(which I hope they did), then he'd be a contender. The accessories for that figure are awesome IMO.

Indeed. Jones would be a great contender. Just hoping on that fixed sculpt.

We probably wont see Superman until early next year though. :(

Back