Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know if you guys know. some interesting facts.

1) dx jack uses the slim body similar as MJ's.
2) the hair is not molded. its made of rubber similar to predators. so you could style it and it looks better.
3) the ship's wheel is not made of wood. it's plastic.
4) they are using a new p.e.r.s system on dx06.
5) the fur around his waist is made of real marten fur
6) sword and belt buckles are real metal

facts are taken from the article.

Not cool. There has to be a million different fake furs to use for that crappy little accessory.

As long as you are clear on what preorder means from eBay sellers. Not sure about now but read plenty of times where ppl assumed preorder gets them the figure the moment it gets released in HK but it's actually not from the first run of VIP stock that they fill your preorders as they sell those on the spot for more but the second normal release a few weeks later that they draw the preorders for. Ask the seller to be sure.

:borg:

Oh lord *is thick* you've confused me now. :lol So what would people recommend waiting until this arrives online and buy from an online store rather then eBay, or pre oder from an online store or eBay?

Oh god now the animal activists are coming out. You don't like it don't buy it, or better yet, spend your money on it and then cover it in red paint. :lol

Not cool. There has to be a million different fake furs to use for that crappy little accessory.

I am wondering why they chose to do real fur. Maybe because they go all out for the DX? seems odd, but then again, it could be a mis-translation of the article.

0516-00487-001b14.jpg

WOW! It's like night and day! So glad I sold my original...this DX Jack kicks it to the curb! The original looks like Hasblow or something. :monkey1

Oh lord *is thick* you've confused me now. :lol So what would people recommend waiting until this arrives online and buy from an online store rather then eBay, or pre oder from an online store or eBay?

Sorry if that was confusing :p. I never ordered through eBay preorder or BIN. But from all that I read here it's like this. Example with arbitrary dates:
- 1 May initial HK release limited to Toy Hunter store VIPs that preordered. From this batch most eBay seller sell at a markup of $50-80 on top of their PO price and only avail as BIN
- 1 Jun Asia public release with larger quantities also available through resellers such as in Asia and Toys2 in Canada. These will also be used by eBay sellers to fill their POs. Depending in which lines SSF may get these at this point as well.
- 1 Jul NA shipment arrives at SSF to be redistributed to most other stores online or retail
- 1 Aug BBTS gets their stock :D
If you preorder and if Toys2 is about the same price as eBay POs shipped then you consider them as an option as they are authorized HT distributers and take only 10% deposit (non refundable) but better than handing over 100% of your money early on?

That's got to be a particularly bad picture of the old AWE Jack. Unfutzed and all. Even the face looks much worse than what I'm looking at in my detolf. The clear issue is the height. So glad that's solved. But I plan to keep my old Jack and see if I can't make a CAPTAIN JACK as well as a REG JACK like in the pic above. I think the old Jack will have to have the coat and hat -- to cover up more.

Sorry if that was confusing :p. I never ordered through eBay preorder or BIN. But from all that I read here it's like this. Example with arbitrary dates:
- 1 May initial HK release limited to Toy Hunter store VIPs that preordered. From this batch most eBay seller sell at a markup of $50-80 on top of their PO price and only avail as BIN
- 1 Jun Asia public release with larger quantities also available through resellers such as in Asia and Toys2 in Canada. These will also be used by eBay sellers to fill their POs. Depending in which lines SSF may get these at this point as well.
- 1 Jul NA shipment arrives at SSF to be redistributed to most other stores online or retail
- 1 Aug BBTS gets their stock :D
If you preorder and if Toys2 is about the same price as eBay POs shipped then you consider them as an option as they are authorized HT distributers and take only 10% deposit (non refundable) but better than handing over 100% of your money early on?

Oh right thanks for that. I did notice that on ABC expresses website they taking pr orders for only £$50 paid upfront and the rest when they get their stock. Is that a good idea, or are you saying wait o order when all the online stores have their stock in?

Sorry to keep questioning, but I want to get this one right. :panic:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there's a pic someone posted on HTs Facebook site that has the bottle of rum:yess: looks like they do listen sometimes.

Oh right thanks for that. I did notice that on ABC expresses website they taking pr orders for only £$50 paid upfront and the rest when they get their stock. Is that a good idea, or are you saying wait o order when all the online stores have their stock in?

Sorry to keep questioning, but I want to get this one right. :panic:

abcexpress are solid - I'd go with their online store rather than their ebay store, as the ebay prices reflect the fees sellers pay. I personally have this one on PO through BBTS.

This isn't helping.

:angelsmil - You can use that money for other cool stuff now or save it for something really special later.

:devil - You need a second Jack. There is nothing more special then more JACK.

:angelsmil - But what if another figure is released soon that you want just as much, then you will have the money for it.

:devil - But you can scalp the 2nd Jack and buy 3 figures with the money.

I HATE this thread.

I have this very dialogue going through my head. :gah:

These new pics are fantastic...I wish they would show the smirking sculpt already though. That's the one I plan on displaying (assuming it's at the level of the serious sculpt).

I have to say I do think its lame they used real fur for that thing on his belt.

I love that it's not molded but why fur from a real animal?

What I would have REALLY loved if they gave him a real metal sword and not a plastic one

I have to imagine, if they really used animal fur for that little item, it's because real fur was as reasonable to acquire and use or more so than fake one, I just dont' see any reason to use real fur for a toy like this if it's not beneficial from a production cost standpoint, espeically where animal rights folks will probably flip over it's use, it's enough making coats and things actually useful to survive, a little decoration on a toy is just absurd.

Back