Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Yeah, it is a no brainer this one will be a very sought-after piece in the future (=$$$$), but maybe that guy (darth Maden) might also need to eat, buy clothes...you know :lol:D...those little unimportant things

But you just have to display both: one smiling, one serious.

Everyone is doing it man! C'mon, join us! :blissy

^ :lol You are a bad influence, you know?

You wont regret it, if you buy 2, just sell on in the future when they become very rare

:lol Yeah, it is a no brainer this one will be a very sought-after piece in the future (=$$$$), but maybe that guy (darth Maden) might also have to eat, buy clothes...you know :lol:D... those little unimportant things

This isn't helping.

:angelsmil - You can use that money for other cool stuff now or save it for something really special later.

:devil - You need a second Jack. There is nothing more special then more JACK.

:angelsmil - But what if another figure is released soon that you want just as much, then you will have the money for it.

:devil - But you can scalp the 2nd Jack and buy 3 figures with the money.

I HATE this thread.

Friends worried me a bit. I've not ordered anything this big/expensive from the US before, just bits n bobs from Japan.

Has anyone here experienced custom fees in the UK?

Friends worried me a bit. I've not ordered anything this big/expensive from the US before, just bits n bobs from Japan.

Has anyone here experienced custom fees in the UK?

i get charged on everthing i buy from SSC, it's fedex though, but i's apparently customs and duties and taxes and then a £10 fedex charge, usually below £30,

for instance though i was thinking of HT Thor, if i got it through SSC with delivery cost and then added around £20 to £30 customs/fedex it'd still be cheaper than play.com and forbiddenplanet.

Only time i've found it worth it to shop directly from the UK is when a product is a decent price here, when sold out most places or when it's been out for a good while and gone down in price.

i Got my T2 T-800 from forbiddenplanet for £180, not too bad, it would've been cheaper if i got it right away from SSC or eBay, but this was a while after release and it was a touch more on eBay.

The way you guys get slugged the duties and taxes you do on your toys is hardly becoming of the nation that gave us Devonshire tea. When I think about how much shipping to Oz costs, I spare a thought for you poor sods :(

This isn't helping.

:angelsmil - You can use that money for other cool stuff now or save it for something really special later.

:devil - You need a second Jack. There is nothing more special then more JACK.

:angelsmil - But what if another figure is released soon that you want just as much, then you will have the money for it.

:devil - But you can scalp the 2nd Jack and buy 3 figures with the money.

I HATE this thread.

Hate this thread? I hate this whole freakin' board! If it weren't for this place I'd never have been any the wiser that HT Don Vito > EB Don Vito, or HT OC Bats > Medicom OC Bats... and don't even get me started on the mods and customs. *Sigh, wish I had the coin to throw at Jack, but I'm going grail hunting this year. Grails, I might add, that I didn't know existed before I signed up to this madhouse.

Last edited:
i get charged on everthing i buy from SSC, it's fedex though, but i's apparently customs and duties and taxes and then a £10 fedex charge, usually below £30,

for instance though i was thinking of HT Thor, if i got it through SSC with delivery cost and then added around £20 to £30 customs/fedex it'd still be cheaper than play.com and forbiddenplanet.

Only time i've found it worth it to shop directly from the UK is when a product is a decent price here, when sold out most places or when it's been out for a good while and gone down in price.

i Got my T2 T-800 from forbiddenplanet for £180, not too bad, it would've been cheaper if i got it right away from SSC or eBay, but this was a while after release and it was a touch more on eBay.

Yeah same here, I saw how much they were on play.com and forbiddenplanet, even with the fees it's still much cheaper. Thanks for the reply, have some sort of idea how much it might cost. Another friend paid £18 so I guess it won't be over £30.

No idea why they're marked up so much. The only one I've ever got from the UK which I thought was a decent price was the Joker DX which was £150 from forbiddenplanet. Might have to use OneSixthBruce in the future then!

The way you guys get slugged the duties and taxes you do on your toys is hardly becoming of the nation that gave us Devonshire tea. When I think about how much shipping to Oz costs, I spare a thought for you poor sods :(

Hate this thread? I hate this whole freakin' board! If it weren't for this place I'd never have been any the wiser that HT Don Vito > EB Don Vito, or HT OC Bats > Medicom OC Bats... and don't even get me started on the mods and customs. *Sigh, wish I had the coin to throw at Jack, but I'm going grail hunting this year. Grails, I might add, that I didn't know existed before I signed up to this madhouse.
It's a sickness I tell ya. :panic:

Back