Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting the telescope aside...why would someone order this from Sideshows when they charge $20 more than others. I know that Sideshows gives reward points and ships a week or two faster, but in this hobby with these increasing prices on every figure, is it worth it to pay $20 extra just to get about $10 in rewards point? That means you are still overpaying by $10 after its all said and done.
Theres alot of economics majors in here:slap

Putting the telescope aside...why would someone order this from Sideshows when they charge $20 more than others. I know that Sideshows gives reward points and ships a week or two faster, but in this hobby with these increasing prices on every figure, is it worth it to pay $20 extra just to get about $10 in rewards point? That means you are still overpaying by $10 after its all said and done.
Theres alot of economics majors in here:slap

For some people it's about reliability of CS and past purchase experience. Sideshow is most often a higher cost, but I prefer to use them more often because any time I've had a significant issue with a piece, they've taken very good care of me.

With the QC issues these HT figures can have, it's important to me to go somewhere that I know I'm well take care of if there's a problem. It's not to say some of these other shops don't, but I haven't dealt with them so unless I feel the price is rediculously higher, I go with Sideshow or Toys2 because I've done plenty of business with both and have a great CS history with them and I can buy knowing I'll be taken care of.

I imagine for some, such things factor in for them as well. I'm sure impatience will be a factor for some too, Sideshow direct customers will most likely get their figures a week or two ahead of shops supplied by Sideshow, though not always the case, that's usually the norm.

For some people it's about reliability of CS and past purchase experience. Sideshow is most often a higher cost, but I prefer to use them more often because any time I've had a significant issue with a piece, they've taken very good care of me.

With the QC issues these HT figures can have, it's important to me to go somewhere that I know I'm well take care of if there's a problem. It's not to say some of these other shops don't, but I haven't dealt with them so unless I feel the price is rediculously higher, I go with Sideshow or Toys2 because I've done plenty of business with both and have a great CS history with them and I can buy knowing I'll be taken care of.

I imagine for some, such things factor in for them as well. I'm sure impatience will be a factor for some too, Sideshow direct customers will most likely get their figures a week or two ahead of shops supplied by Sideshow, though not always the case, that's usually the norm.
All very good reasons.
I, on the other hand, would pocket that $20 now and purchase from someone else I've had very good experiences with.

I ordered mine from alterego. I usually order from cornerstone but for the same price and long scope sold me.

I have found AlterEgo to be pretty good about working out problems. Who ever is the person answering their emails has been really nice and supportive.

Sideshow still trumps the rest though. If AE, for example, is sold out of Jack and your Jack arrives broken, they have to call upon Sideshow for a repalcement or just offer you a refund. Sideshow on the other hand can work directly with Hot Toys. I got a Barney Ross off the wait list recently and he had the left shoulder problem. Sideshow of course didn't have any left (it being a wait list item afterall) but they are getting be a replacement body from HT. A retailer wouldn't be able/wouldn't do that for you.

When you factor in Reward Points, dealer discounts aren't as obvious a choice. You get $12 in reward points on Jack, making him $228 from Sideshow. $8 more than BBTS, who won't get him until about a month after Sideshow and might not even get the telescope either. Plus you can build up those reward points and use them toward exclusive items. I got a Jason PF EX for FREE because I had saved up my reward points. I wouldn't have been able to so that saving $5 here and $10 there by using retailers.

In the end it really just comes down to personal preference though. That is why we have all these different retailers. It gives us more options. I prefer to go direct because of Reward Points, exclusives, first US shipping, and the best customer service on the planet. But that doesn't mean I haven't ordered my fair share of items from CSC, AE, VP, BBTS, or TA.

IMO Toys2 is the best, SS a close second.

Toys2 gets from Hot Toys like SS and is still cheap at $220 and will get to you at least 2 full months before Sideshow.

I went with Sideshow because I had $28 in rewards points and I went on Flexpay. So $212 broken up into 3 payments? That works for me. If I didn't have the rewards points, I probably would've gone with someplace cheaper.

When I get my fig - I'll have to get it from ebay Studio Sunny - I have no idea if it will have a large telescope but if it does I'll look at it and chuckle and remember the scene in the film then simply put it aside, probably in my drawer of long forgotten Hot Toys accessories and not once will it ever enter my mind to pose him with it - I just wouldn't want to.

But I am so excited about this figure!!! DX Sparrow ARRGGH!! It's like the dogs b*********** :)

Toys2 gets from Hot Toys like SS and is still cheap at $220 and will get to you at least 2 full months before Sideshow.

Yep exactly. Plus I live in Ontario as well so shipping is cheap :clap

Why do people care where somebody else orders something? I got mine from Sideshow and I couldn't care less where anyone else got theirs.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Blackbeard. I can't wait to see how he turns out.

BlackbeardHIGHRES.jpg

Arrr.

Except Toy2 shipping is $20+ to the U.S. As far as total cost, they're usually the same as Sideshow in the end for U.S. customers.

Back