Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some have mentioned the in accuracies of the costume but damn it is mind blowing. To me this is a true DX. The level of complexity of the costume is amazing.

Yeah, I don't care if its not 100% screen acurate (and since nobody has even seen OST yet how would they know its not) but it looks like a pirate outfit and a dang good one to me.

Best DX, probably best Hot Toys figure overall ever.

Sorry but you complain about this one and your far crazier then myself and that says something. :lol

I agree...

The DX Joker is fabulous. We'll have to wait to see the final outcome when JS comes out, but at this point, based on the elaborate outfits, sculpting and extras, both will be and should considered as the top pieces HT has ever produced.

Great job, and this from a person who has never seen a Pirates of the Car., flick, has no interest in them, but can appreciate the beauty, detail and overall immersion factor of this piece.

Agreed, though perhaps hard to split it between this and the DX Joker.

Yea Joker is great but just the overall complexity of this costume outdoes Joker's IMO by a mile. Both have layers etc, but this is just so complicated, as I pointed out in the other thread with the cuffs, buttons, decoration everywhere, amount of belts and stuff strapped onto him, it all looks real compared to Indy's fake looking belts and leathers, and Jack also has a removable cap, swappable face, and realistic boots, and taking all that crazy amount of stuff on him into account, it all looks balanced and in proportion. Insane. The only things that look a tiny bit big as someone mentioned is his hands, but again, consider everything strapped on and the details in the clothes, ruffles and pockets, and beads in the hair, and all the rest of it just fits togeather. Again for comparison look at the Indy prototype and how awkward the hat looks on his head, just a few belts and straps from the bag look cheap and too baggy and strange. Jack is a grand slam and the detail in that wheel just puts it over the top. As others have said the costume and face also allows a ton of display options, two very distictly differant jacks, a smiling all done up coat and hat version on the wheel, and serious Jack, in the vest, no hat, and a pistol with eyes in a differant direction feel like completely differant releases as opposed to Indy's same expression in a white robe instead of a hat, or Bruce Lee simply taking his shirt off and making an o face.

Great job, and this from a person who has never seen a Pirates of the Car., flick, has no interest in them, but can appreciate the beauty, detail and overall immersion factor of this piece.

I felt the same way a few weeks ago, give the first a try, its not as bad as I thought at all, and after seeing the first, I still have no interest in seeing 2 or 3 as they seem way over the top even by the first's standards.

Never really enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean.

Butnthis figure, is way too awesome to not pick up!

I'll probably get two, as I'm pretty sure the prices will soar in the future.

Back