Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know if anybody has seen the window display at Toy Hunters, so here ya go...

IMG_0932a.JPG

IMG_0934a.JPG

IMG_0938a.JPG

The POTC logo on the rudder looks awesome!

I have a feeling the plate will be molded to the foor, but, for the sake of boxing, the wheel may come separate from the floor.

This and Indy may debut new packaging with their large environment pieces.

It looks nice and if it were separate, maybe put it somewhere in the display but right in front of the wheel adds a "toy" quality, without the logo you'd just have a really nice Jack at the wheel of the Pearl but with that logo it feels more like a collectible than a miniature Jack Sparrow.

It looks nice and if it were separate, maybe put it somewhere in the display but right in front of the wheel adds a "toy" quality, without the logo you'd just have a really nice Jack at the wheel of the Pearl but with that logo it feels more like a collectible than a miniature Jack Sparrow.

Yup, this is why I avoid using stands on my 1/6 unless absolutely necessary.

I don't mind with stands because I use them to be certain things don't fall and break and they don't really alter my perception of the figure, but when you get a really nice environment piece for a figure, that can work like a stand, then it seems less like a figure to me and name plates and logos hurt the effect. Like the Emperor's throne from Sideshow, looks great as is, makes the Emperor look beyond just a figure, and no name plates, add one and it starts looking cheesy.

I don't mind with stands because I use them to be certain things don't fall and break and they don't really alter my perception of the figure, but when you get a really nice environment piece for a figure, that can work like a stand, then it seems less like a figure to me and name plates and logos hurt the effect. Like the Emperor's throne from Sideshow, looks great as is, makes the Emperor look beyond just a figure, and no name plates, add one and it starts looking cheesy.

Plain black HT stands don't really bother me (although I still prefer not to use one if the figure is stable), it's the one's that have logos and names emblazoned on them that tend to kill it for me.

Back