Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think we will ever see a DX Barbossa, since I dont think he meets HT standards for the line. But Id imagine at least a MMS Barbossa. Hopefully, we see him in his Pirate garb once more in this new film to warrant HT to make him in it. But again (depending on if he returns for the next two films) there are always those yet. And Im sure Black Beard is a given. But again, you would have thought Barbossa was agiven back when they were doing DMC and AWE...:lol

True enough. Barbossa was a glarring omission. But at the same time, if they only were to make one Barbossa, I'd rather him be made with today's quality than then's.

Imagine a Barbossa with regular version and a moon-lit skeleton version with regular and skeleton monkey...

dare to dream...

Thats what I was saying. Two head sculpts. Regular and Skeleton. Then two sets of clothing. Regular and Ripped. (Think HT Two Face) and then think HT Iron Man Mark VI with removable pieces to show the skeleton parts under neath. HT could easily pull that off.

My dream HT POTC shelf would include

-Jack DX Serious with rudder and wearing coat/hat
-Skeleton Barbossa
-Davy Jones
-Black Beard
-Jack DX Smiling in casual attire (no hat/coat)

Yeah I Cursed Barbossa would be great, but at this point I think we'll be lucky just to get a Pirate Barbossa. Although that OST featurette trailer with Barbossa has clips from CotBP. So there is a possible loophole there for getting a cursed Barbossa Pirate edition.

In an ideal world, we'd get Navy Barbossa first (groans I know) and then a CotBP Pirate Barbossa with skeleton switch out parts. I doubt we'd ever see a full seperate skeleton version so an arm and head would be about all we could hope for I think.

Imagine an Admiral Barbossa with a peg leg and crutch.

Dare to cry...

Call me crazy but I'd prefer this new costume over the old one. Even if he's just using the Navy to get the Pearl back or revenge on Blackbeard, and then going to betray them, it doesn't make the costume any less grand looking. I like how colorful it looks compared to the other one. And I dig the pegleg look as well with the crutch, reminds me of Long John Silver in the 1950 Treasure Island. He looks pretty bad ass when he's fighting blackbeard in the trailer. I'd happily buy either though.

barb.jpg

barb2.jpg

If they're smart, they'll hold of Angelica, if the movie and character do well, they can sell her later, espcially with some solid sales of popular males ahead of her, but if she were to be the next OST figure, this line will sink fast like the last pirates line. You have to be strategic with character selection. HT failed starting the last line with Jack and 2 versions of Sao Feng. Sideshow is STILL trying to sell of Sao Feng almost 4 years later.

Really, of what we've seen in the OST trailers, Blackbeard's the only other character that's got strong sales potential. Barbossa'll be a dud unless they can do his pirate costume. WIth that saide, I wouldn't be stunned if DX Jack were the only OST figure. Sure blackbeard would be cool for some, but with HT's past decisions, if you don't have many characters to do a line of them, why not just DX the sure fire character and move onto other films where you have a greater number of characters to make. OST has about 3 strong selling characters in it that we know of right now, Angelica's iffy and I don't see anyone else in the trailers as standouts, and if one of those 3 will only work with a sepcific costume, if you can't make it, your'e down to 2, or you can just do a solo release of the popular character, make some money off the film and move on.

There should be some "Captains" in there, I think...
;)

Seriously though, nobody else is worried that it seems like the tattoo is missing?

There should be some "Captains" in there, I think...
;)

Seriously though, nobody else is worried that it seems like the tattoo is missing?

I dont think they would forget the tattoo this time. They been acurate enough with Barnes to include his tattoos and the way it seems they are being super accurate with Jack here, I highly doubt they would forget the tattoo.

In this pic, it looks like it is missing, but if you look at his positioning, it would probably be on the upper part (facing him) of his forearm. Im more concerned about whether they include his "P" brand under that wrist wrap. ;)
screenshot0tt1.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think they would forget the tattoo this time. They been acurate enough with Barnes to include his tattoos and the way it seems they are being super accurate with Jack here, I highly doubt they would forget the tattoo.

Yeah, I keep hoping the same thing, but you should be able to see it, or at least a hint of it in the tele/periscope shot, and it's not there. :(

Also, on OSW, a certain member who posts HT news frequently made it sound to me like they'd forgotten. In the "don't ask about this" kind of way...

Edit:
In this pic, it looks like it is missing, but if you look at his positioning, it would probably be on the upper part (facing him) of his forearm. Im more concerned about whether they include his "P" brand under that wrist wrap. ;)
screenshot0tt1.jpg
Haha, you got me while I was posting.
But yeah, you're right about the positioning... ;)
Most people would expect the tattoo from COTBP.
So, hopefully the shirt is just covering it up, and I'm making a fuss too soon.

I wouldn't be fussed if there isn't a tattoo - unless you pose him with his sleeve half way up (why would you) then you can't see it and because I love the look of him with his coat on I'm never gonna see it anyway. I would rather HT put extra effort into getting the faces the best they can rather than leave them and work on the tattoo.

I wouldn't be fussed if there isn't a tattoo - unless you pose him with his sleeve half way up (why would you) then you can't see it and because I love the look of him with his coat on I'm never gonna see it anyway. I would rather HT put extra effort into getting the faces the best they can rather than leave them and work on the tattoo.

While I agree with you for the most part, but if HT wants to call this the ULTIMATE Jack Sparrow, they need to include EVERY LITTLE TRADEMARK, hence the inclusion of both the tattoo and the "P" branding.

Im getting two of these guys and I plan on displaying one with the coat and one without. Worst case scenario, HT doesnt add it, Ill just add it myself. :chew

Back