Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this guy off a boardie, im just curious why hes going for so cheap,?

That's a damn good question. He's one of if not HT best DX release thus far. Worth every penny but if you can get him cheap don't complain.That's a rare thing for HT these days Especially one as fine as Jack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah. I got mine for $168.00 shipped off eBay. Not complaining but wow! I would have thought these would have appreciated more rapidly than they did. Maybe its the lack of companion figures to the line recently. Only Angelica after his DX release. No Barbossa? That's enough to want to get out of the line.

168 is crazy. He's such a great figure.. Yeah the lack of new pirates def hurts

That's a damn good question. He's one of if not HT best DX release thus far. Worth every penny but if you can get him cheap don't complain.That's a rare thing for HT these days Especially one as fine as Jack.

Doesn't help that they seemed to have opened the floodgates in producing these. Sideshow had Jack for sale for a LONG time.

Doesn't help that they seemed to have opened the floodgates in producing these. Sideshow had Jack for sale for a LONG time.

I was going to mention that too. I think HT made a **** ton of DX05, DX06, DX08, DX09 and Christopher Reeve Superman in anticipation to how popular those characters are. Those sat on SS for quite a while.

Maybe with a new pirates movie we will get Barbossa.

Im wondering if it doesnt have something to do with Rush's likeness rights. Sometimes I cant understand HT marketing. They make Jack, Will, Elizabeth, Sao Feng, Davy Jones, Angelica....And NO Barboassa???

Or look at Nolans Dark Knight Series, the glaring omission of Ra's Al Ghul os completely bizarre.

:cuckoo:

Just picked Jack up through a trade. He now resides on the top shelf of my living room Detolf right above Sweeney Todd. All the praise for this figure is more than valid. Easily one of the best 1/6th figures ever produced.

As far as a Barbossa figure, he would be the only other character I'd pick up from this series, unless HT made a DX Joshamee Gibbs with pigsty environment. That would be epic!

:clap:pray:

That would be cool. I'd add Davy Jones 2.0, and Black beard to the list with Barbossa and Gibbs.

I would love a new will turner release, I actually like the costume from the first release but that head would look terrible next to DX Jack and Angelica

A new Will would be cool.:clap And, yes, I'd throw Blackbeard in there as well.

Although I like the character of Davy Jones, I absolutely loathe the 2nd and 3rd Pirates movies so couldn't justify picking him up. But with the new technology and detail most figures are getting a updated Davy would look very cool indeed.

Yes. Davy is on my must have list before I die. Can't afford it at the moment cause I'm saving up to buy a bigger house. Patience. Soon you will be with him.

I went on a POTC campaign this past week watching all movies. Started with OST then went back and started the trilogy. Halfway through AWE. Watched all many many times before and have always found them to be enjoyable. What I like about DMC and AWE is the crew Gibbs, Marty, Pantel, Rigettii, Cotton/Parrot, Jack Monkey.

Bo, those are the only elements that I liked in those films. They were just so convoluted and messy. One of my favorite characters is Gibbs so I was happy he had a larger role in OST. That being said I love the design of all four films, very aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah. I got mine for $168.00 shipped off eBay. Not complaining but wow! I would have thought these would have appreciated more rapidly than they did. Maybe its the lack of companion figures to the line recently. Only Angelica after his DX release. No Barbossa? That's enough to want to get out of the line.

What? :lol

I'd have to buy him for that. Was he with the box and all pieces? Just checked ebay nothing close to that.

If I could find this cheap I could be persuaded to buy.

At least now that I sold Bane. :lol

Edit :Never mind. I saw your older post. Everything included. One helluva deal.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back