Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened mine last night and now I know why this won figure of the year!! Lots of accessories and the headsculpt is spot on!! Glad I listened to the reviews as I was going to pass on this but I changed my mind and got the exlusive from SS:yess:

I opened mine last night and now I know why this won figure of the year!! Lots of accessories and the headsculpt is spot on!! Glad I listened to the reviews as I was going to pass on this but I changed my mind and got the exlusive from SS:yess:

:goodpost:

Just picked my Jack up... I won't have time to really futz with him until after the kids go to bed, but for now---

Wow. :thud:

Awesome.

That's awesome! I didn't realize this won figure of the year.

Which organization awarded this?

By the way, if someone could please help out:

I noticed there is a rod inside the box that's about 14" in height. What is that for?

Also, in the prototype pics, Hot Toys has a Jack with a complete smile where you can see his teeth and a gold tooth. I'm assuming they scratched that sculpt. Correct?

By the way, if someone could please help out:

I noticed there is a rod inside the box that's about 14" in height. What is that for?

I believe that's the 'flagpole' for the pirate flag.

Also, in the prototype pics, Hot Toys has a Jack with a complete smile where you can see his teeth and a gold tooth. I'm assuming they scratched that sculpt. Correct?

That's correct. It wasn't approved by the licensor and thus replaced with the no-teeth smirking sculpt.

My flexpay is also finished!! I should have him monday:yess:Now to find a pose:wink1:

I always have mine in a staggering pose with a bottle of rum in one hand and his beloved Pearl in the other.
Hot Toys has been forgiven of all sins in my book for doing me wrong in the past with other figures.
The fact they are revisiting older outdated characters are a blessing because the newer ones look way better.
I sold my old Sparrows because they look so outdated.

You'll be very pleased with this DX version.

I love all the accessories this figure has.
There's so many ways to pose him.

For now, I've got him with one hand on the helm and the other hand holding the compass.

Here is how I have my one!:)

2012-03-29200302.jpg

Really like what you've done with the sash, J&B! These may have already been posted, but any tips on achieving that look you might share?

A very fine grit sandpaper would get the sash to run. You can clean it up and shape it with scissors after.

I might try this on the weekend.

Back