Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:clap:clap:clap Thanks Maul, I'm sure it will make a fantastic reference thread for everyone. Excellent idea sir.

On a negative note, you have now made me aware of the inaccuracies that I have encountered so far with my custom bash. I will have to start correcting stuff over next few days!

Here is where I left it today. First bash at hair, cut paint, restructure. weathering of Medi clothes and HT clothes. Second attempt at sash, pretty happy with that now.. just some quick iPhone pics, too dark here right now. I'm finding the more detail I get in there the more lifelike the sculpt is. It really is one of the best 1/6th scale sculpts of all time.

DSC05855.jpg
DSC05852.jpg
DSC05856.jpg
DSC05853.jpg
DSC05851.jpg

Is anyone's base a little curved?

Yep. Im making my own right now though so it doesnt bother me too much.
HTs used layers of cardboard glued together so obviously its gonna warp sooner or later. They shouldve just went with wood or plastic like the wheel.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night, I ordered a second DX Jack and it arrived in a plastic bag packed with potato chips.

Completely random, I know. It was otherwise in good condition but one of the corners was crushed.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night, I ordered a second DX Jack and it arrived in a plastic bag packed with potato chips.

Completely random, I know. It was otherwise in good condition but on of the corners was crushed.

It's at this point in your collecting life, that you need to stop and re evaluate your hobby.
:lol

I think it made more to do with the fact that I ate a whole bag of Baked Ruffles yesterday, those damn things are crazy addictive.

I don't usually bother with customizing, or get too stressed about SA, etc. But I do think that weathering the sash will be the one thing I try. The weathered sash just looks so much better.

I don't usually bother with customizing, or get too stressed about SA, etc. But I do think that weathering the sash will be the one thing I try. The weathered sash just looks so much better.

I agree that weathering the sash probably makes the biggest difference. Looks much better as you can see from Rorys Jack.

Weathering helps no doubt, but even just re-wrapping it and crumpling it around your hands a little can make a big difference, fresh out of the box is just to neat of a wrapping and all.

I finally opened up this figure. One of the best in a while. I almost want to purchase another one, but I'm sure they'll do a package deal with the chair when that gets released (like MKIV Gantry).

Excellent figure.

Back