Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first flex-pay warning for next week so looks like no more delays... Jack should be here in Aug.

That's gay

tracy-morgan-tracy-jordan_419x314.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl

Its too funny Tracy Morgan is taking ____ over what he said. He said nothing remotely bad in terms of some of the comics out there or things he's said before. In comedy nothing is off-limits.

The problem is because of 30 Rock, hes getting new younger fans who don't know him for his stand up and thats what caused the outrage.

Listen to the things Louis C.K. says about his own daughter by comparison. Never heard any outrage over it because his fan base knows what to expect.

:rotfl :rotfl

Its too funny Tracy Morgan is taking ____ over what he said. He said nothing remotely bad in terms of some of the comics out there or things he's said before. In comedy nothing is off-limits.

The problem is because of 30 Rock, hes getting new younger fans who don't know him for his stand up and thats what caused the outrage.

Listen to the things Louis C.K. says about his own daughter by comparison. Never heard any outrage over it because his fan base knows what to expect.

The only difference with Tracy's bit, is that his material didn't seem thought out, or like it was even written ahead of time (no punchlines). It seemed like he just went on a personal tirade and used his show as a soapbox. Louis CK is one of my favorite comedians, and it's true that some of his stuff is really harsh, but it's obvious that his jokes are calculated and follow a comedic formula (and most likely not a reflection of his true nature).

It was offensive according to an angry gay man who mentioned one sentence out of context. And based on what he said Morgan said, it was definately thought out, because its a bit I've heard him do before about women being "God's gift". In fact its about 10 years old.

Take one of Louis' comments about walking in on his young daugter or collapsing her skull out of context, or even his famous rape joke and put that single sentence up here. It'll look just as bad if not worse. Escpecially to the members who've never heard his stuff.

Tracy just figured it would be easy to apologise but then every other gay activist with nothing better to do and no knowelege of him gets wind of it and they all feel entitled to an apology as well and then it spirals out of control just like Michael Richards, except his rant was genuinely not an act. Comedians should never apologise for their act, again unless like Richards it genuinely becomes personal with an audience member interacting. And even then, I saw Doug Stanhope live and he made a girl who was getting married the next day cry by telling her how stupid she was.

Anyway back to Pirates. Thanks for that link too Dane, really appreciate it. :duff

I'm so sick of people telling you what you can say or what you can't; people whining about being offended. When did the world fill up with so many pussies? What happened to 'sticks and stones...'. Kid's actually commit suicide over verbal abuse today. What!? Someone said its the pussification of a generation. Is it more single parents raising kids that is to blame? Is it "sue-happy" culture? Is it the entitlement taught to our young? I blame home schooling as a start. I also blame kids with guns at school -- the ultimate pussi is a thug with a gun.

I'm so sick of people telling you what you can say or what you can't; people whining about being offended. When did the world fill up with so many pussies? What happened to 'sticks and stones...'. Kid's actually commit suicide over verbal abuse today. What!?

:lol

Agreed, we are raising a nation of whiney, self entitled little kids.

If you kill yourself over name calling, you probably weren't going to make it anyway. If you can't take a little stress like that how are you going to manage a job, a mortgage, a family?

Growing up we did nothing but bust each others balls and if you cryed about it you got your ass kicked.

Growing up we did nothing but bust each others balls and if you cryed about it you got your ass kicked.

:hi5:

Yep. Whatever doesn't kill you....

You only read half my rant... I kept going. :D Seriously though, that topic just irks me like you have no idea. Kids don't even wnat to drive here in Los Angeles anymore. I mean, what's that all about? NOT drive in LA? They just want to text and chat. Weird. Getting a car was ultimate freedom. It meant 'getting away', dating girls, road trips, etc. How can that not be exciting to a young teen?

OK, back to Jack.

Okay I've been avoiding this thread until after I saw the movie. Just saw it last night (loved it!) and have a couple of questions:

1. Did Jack ever stand at the wheel of a ship in OST or use that large telescope? It'd be ironic if he did neither considering the pricey HT figure.

2. Has the smirking HT portrait ever been revealed? Is it confirmed that the figure will even have a smirking portrait?

Thanks.

July for Asia? ..really?:panic::panic::panic: ...well i guess that would be the beginning of q3 so that should be correct.
I got this guy ordered at Angolz!:yess:

Okay I've been avoiding this thread until after I saw the movie. Just saw it last night (loved it!) and have a couple of questions:

1. Did Jack ever stand at the wheel of a ship in OST or use that large telescope? It'd be ironic if he did neither considering the pricey HT figure.

2. Has the smirking HT portrait ever been revealed? Is it confirmed that the figure will even have a smirking portrait?

Thanks.

No...

And No.

Well, the smirking sculpt actually was revelead but then quickly blured out again so I'd say "sort of" to the 1st part of question 2. :)

Back