Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people are never F$%^# happy and I think just enjoy complaining. There's no other explanation for it.

or maybe some people just have better taste and eyesight. possible? seriously, this is getting tiring and redundant... every single time someone complains, or is not happy enough with a fig, there's always like a dozen whiners from the 'happy' camp complaining about the complainers, mouthing off the same cliched boring comments. like yours above. havent we had enough?

some people just dont think depp's likeness is 100% accurate. accept it! for pete's sake... every single time! it's like you guys dont have confidence in your own taste and eyesight, so you need unanimous agreement from everyone to make your taste legit. how childish can one get? not everyone has to sing in the choir.

and for my opinion, yes, i too think the likeness can be improved. much improved.

Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX Spec + Pics

Awesome.

But can we all agree to use either the crotch stand or the diorama base? :pray:

I try an avoid stands whenever possible, but seriously, it looks so retarded when people put stands in dioramas. :slap

I'm going to post my first pic with the stand and wheel dio just to pinch a nerve with you Mag :lol

j/k :1-1:

Yep I'm definitely buying two if the price is right...can't wait for toys2 to upload this for pre-order..these babies will go fast!

or maybe some people just have better taste and eyesight. possible? seriously, this is getting tiring and redundant... every single time someone complains, or is not happy enough with a fig, there's always like a dozen whiners from the 'happy' camp complaining about the complainers, mouthing off the same cliched boring comments. like yours above. havent we had enough?

some people just dont think depp's likeness is 100% accurate. accept it! for pete's sake... every single time! it's like you guys dont have confidence in your own taste and eyesight, so you need unanimous agreement from everyone to make your taste legit. how childish can one get? not everyone has to sing in the choir.

and for my opinion, yes, i too think the likeness can be improved. much improved.

Well...I'm happy...don't you agree?

Yes ___ No ___

HOME RUN

1/6 Figure of the Year. Yes, there are hat size issues, but I think that will be worked out. I thought the Tech Noir Termie would be FOTY but this looks to surpass it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lN5rhGTO0-o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His face likely looks smaler due to the layering of clothing, hat & hair all being quite large, strip him naked and his head would likely show to be in good scale.

You'd think they'd take the bulk of the costume into consideration when making it though wouldn't you. I always find HT heads end up looking a wee bit on the small side for me personally.

HOME RUN

1/6 Figure of the Year. Yes, there are hat size issues, but I think that will be worked out. I thought the Tech Noir Termie would be FOTY but this looks to surpass it.

I completely agree with you. The detail on this is mind blowing. The boots look like suede and the rudder base is just beautiful if you ask me.

Just saw this on the Hot Toys Japan website:

¥ 29,000
Will be released in August 2011

"For the pedestal, rudder and deck it comes with a pirate ship, the captain can be directed to explore the brave figure of the ocean." - That is google's translation not mine, but you all get the idea ;)

I felt the same way a few weeks ago, give the first a try, its not as bad as I thought at all, and after seeing the first, I still have no interest in seeing 2 or 3 as they seem way over the top even by the first's standards.

Actually, I recommend the other two. They are much bigger in scope, and get into mythology. They really should be watched together to make sense.

They are worth a viewing for the special effects alone.

It works out to that....but on the HT Japan website it said that Indy was 32,000 Yen which works out to $350 or so......but none of the pre-order prices were that expensive at all.

My bet is that this DX will be around Indy's price...I think that is just the going rate for all new DX's from now on..:(

Anybody else hope they make the hands smaller? They look huge compared to the face. :slapLooks to me like a witch doctor shrunk his head.

Other than that, I absolutely love this, especially with the wheel.:clap

Aren't HT hands always too big, and heads too small?

I would say, looking at this photo, the hands and feet look in scale to teh body, but the head seems tiny.

20177610150147899587344.jpg

With the hair and hat, I think the head needs to be that size to give the right effect overall. If the head was the right size the hat would be way too big.

It works out to that....but on the HT Japan website it said that Indy was 32,000 Yen which works out to $350 or so......but none of the pre-order prices were that expensive at all.

My bet is that this DX will be around Indy's price...I think that is just the going rate for all new DX's from now on..:(

Yep, figure Indy price, somewhere around 250.

Looks damn nice. The wheel is nice but is something I could do without.

Will buy! Glad I passed on the others.

Back