OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Yep and like most of us have stated, MGS3 has already gotten enough attention. I'm already chapped that they are just remake MGS3 for the 3DS instead of an all new original game...and now they want to give us more Naked Snakes when we have a slew from medicom? No thanks.

i really think this is whats gonna happen. the only reason i say so is because the play arts line only focused on peace walker. we didnt get figures from any other game. the announcement had the new 3ds concept work on it. i really hope i am wrong, but i see figures from that game coming first and then maybe, maybe the older stuff.

I think to a lot of people, Big Boss is more visually interesting than Solid Snake. And since Solid is a dead ringer for Big Boss, ol' eyepatch will be made first.

need some details from hot toys seems many people are hoping for mgs1 or 2 i hope its the case i myself dont want it to be mgs3 dont get me wrong mgs3 was great but come on theres so much they can do with this license

I think to a lot of people, Big Boss is more visually interesting than Solid Snake. And since Solid is a dead ringer for Big Boss, ol' eyepatch will be made first.

no. people just liked MGS3 better since they finally got to play a full game as Snake and the story wasn't complex

Give me MGS2 Raiden.

...yes, there are people that actually like Raiden (before he went cyborg ninja). :lol

His facecamo looks too old for a MGS1 Snake imo. Shinkawa's artworks are what HT should base their sculpt on.

Look at all hot toys figures there all meant to be realistic even the game based figures (the few they have) ..hot toys have always done realistic scults ..they won't base these figures off the artwork(for the sculpts anyway).

I would want to put a hot toys snake next to say a t800 figure or a tony stark..and i would only be able to do that if snake looked real and not like he jumped out of some artwork.

MGS3 > All other MGS games.

Yeah, I said it. Start frothing at the mouth, nerds.

His facecamo looks too old for a MGS1 Snake imo. Shinkawa's artworks are what HT should base their sculpt on.

hell yeaa bro ! shinkawa will be there inspecting all of hot toys work on this figures.
there is no half ass job when the reputation of MGS and HIDEO are on the line.

Give me MGS2 Raiden.

...yes, there are people that actually like Raiden (before he went cyborg ninja). :lol

I would buy MGS2 Raiden. I don't dislike Raiden per say, but I definitely liked him more in MGS2 as a rookie than the cyborg ninja version. Sure he could be annoying in MGS2 sometimes, but his storyline in MGS4 was so damn soap opera like that ughhhhh.

I would buy MGS2 Raiden. I don't dislike Raiden per say, but I definitely liked him more in MGS2 as a rookie than the cyborg ninja version. Sure he could be annoying in MGS2 sometimes, but his storyline in MGS4 was so damn soap opera like that ughhhhh.

:hi5:

I think turning him cyborg ninja was Kojima catering to the unhappy fans of MGS2 who required a bit more... for lack of better words, direct approach. Cyborg ninja Raiden is definitely cool and I'm sure gained Raiden more fans including some of the haters.

I'm just rambling now... but my response to the Raiden/MGS2-wtf-was-Kojima-thinking hate... personally, looking at all the insanity that is the MGS franchise, I say let the man do what he does best with MGS: among other things, fascinate, shock, and bewilder. I think attempting to appease the demands of incredibly stubborn, boring fans can turn a franchise predictable and stale.

Thankfully, there are attempts by creative folk, like Kojima, to make things we never knew we'd ever want.

Oh and back to HT MGS... if MGS2 Raiden gets made, I'm gonna buy two of him and set one of them up doing nude cartwheels as tribute to MGS2... :lol

It was definitely a "creative" choice to move away from a bad-ass killing machine like Snake into a cartwheeling, blonde-haired girly man with Raiden. I can agree with you on that one. :hi5:

i am pretty sure hot toys gonna make a raiden figure based of MGS RISING

Yep and like most of us have stated, MGS3 has already gotten enough attention. I'm already chapped that they are just remake MGS3 for the 3DS instead of an all new original game...and now they want to give us more Naked Snakes when we have a slew from medicom? No thanks.

I agree with you there; it would have been cool to see the original MG and MG2:Solid Snake re-done on PS3 than a 3DS game. I would have even liked the re-do of MGS3 on the PS3, I just dislike it being wasted on a hand held gaming system.

And as for the "real life" Snake to go along with other "realistic" looking figures mentioned above, then a Christopher Walken-esque sculpt should be done as that's who the character was facially based on.

With regards to the comment of it being difficult/impossible to translate Shinkawa's artwork to a 3D model, this is untrue, as the Yamato/Konami 1/6 figures of Solid and Liquid Snake were accurate representations of his artwork; granted they didn't have the greatest execution but HT could definetly pull it off. (if you happen to own both the SS and LS figures, and the Art of MGS1, look at the character schematics, and you will see what I mean - facial shape, lines, everything is a good match, and if better sculpted and with better clothing and accessories, they'd be perfect, IMO). In fact, there was a customized on a few forums who did some excellent mods to the SS and it looked very, very good.

My god Snake you must have had as many sig's as you had post's!

Meh, I change it up every month or so. Depends how I'm feeling.

Teddy is the sig/avvy changing machine though. No catching up to his record! :D

I'd so love for something MGS2 related to come out, something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back