Official Hasbro Ralph McQuarrie Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, whats the deal with that figure anyway? Its not based on a concept sketch is it, or was he maybe an extra in ESB? Just wondered.

He had a quick walk by in a scene.

generalmcquarrie.jpg

Sadly, it's not that great of a figure. It's Ralph's head on a Major Derlin body, but the head on mine isn't correctly matched to the ball joint. The slightest bump, and ol' Ralphie's head falls right off the figure!!!

Good luck! I went today too and found an animated Fett but no McQuarries. Still looking for Starkiller Hero and General McQuarrie.

I found Boba and two Chewie McQuarries but I left them on the pegs for some young kid to hopefully find as I already have a few of each. I did get the animated 1st appearance Fett as you did (although I've got a second one coming along with that wave) and three of the new comic two-packs. I like the Vader that comes with the very butch truck-driving (should be wearing flanel) Leia--- and until my McQuarrie Vader arrives he'll have to do.:D

So which Vader is that? Is it a non-McQuarrie design?

This is the Vader that comes in the comic two-pack with the Leia jedi (from the Infinities comic series where Luke dies on Hoth and it's Leia that is trained on Dagobah-- a pretty good story). Anyway the Vader looks good and the helmet is removeable to show a Hayden Anakin non-scarred face...

I believe that it is a non-McQuarrie design-- but it'll do until I get my McQuarrie Vader.

I was at a Toys R Us on Friday and right off the bat they had concept Vader and Animated Boba Fett. I grabbed them quick and went searching the rest of the store for Darth Malak for my friend who was with me. While we were looking one of their sales associates asked us if we needed any help. We began discussing the Star Wars line and he said the figure that people were searching for, more than Darth Malak, is Starkiller. I am starting to feel the mania for collecting these figures again, and oh what a feeling. The hunt is on!!!

the figure that people were searching for, more than Darth Malak, is Starkiller. I am starting to feel the mania for collecting these figures again, and oh what a feeling. The hunt is on!!!

That's why I have no problem paying a little extra to StarWarsShop and eBay, I feel better spending more and securing the figures I want than going on a wild hunt that probably doesn't pan out and forces me to pay skyrocketed eBay prices.

I've really had good luck so far **knocks on wood** finding all of the figures locally. I don't make any special trips, but whenever I'm in a store that sells SW figures I give the pegs a quick check.

It sometimes takes a while before I track one down, but Hasbro releases so many of these damn things one usually turns up. And with the exception of the newest releases I've seen multiples of each over time.

I didn't think that General McQuarrie was hard to come by, last time I went to Toys R Us they had about 8, but none of the Concept figures. It figures since the one time I accidentally went to a TRU just before they opened, there was about a dozen guys standing there waiting to jump on the hard to find items. :banghead

Maybe he's not that hard to find... I just haven't come across one yet. But it seems like that wave has just started to hit in my area.

Scored Mr. McQ today, along with the rest of the wave minus the Darth figures, but I'm not interested in those anyway, excepte maybe to complete the coin album.

Had a very successful trip over to Wally World to buy the Transformers DVD. Found a concept McQuarrie Vader (now I'll have one to open and one to keep in its shell) and two McQuarrie Stormtroopers--both were UGH (the gold coins).

A good day.:D

Anyone in the Boise Idaho area they have General McQuarrie at Toys R us they had 3 or 4 left when I left a little bit ago.

I'm just wondering, for anyone who ordered McQ Vader back on the 11th from Hasbro, has your order shipped out yet? I have yet to receive a shipping notice. :confused:

I'm sorry, but as I kid I never wanted to play with concept drawings... :rolleyes:

I always thought the painting of Vader fighting Luke was really cool. I really liked the concept pics of Boba Fett with the poncho like Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
I am really put off that Luke was an online exclusive. I really like finding the figures in toy stores, I enjoy the chase.

Back