Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it is too small then. It is well detailed for a figure of that size though!

You're right, around 6" sounds right. I will go again in January, will see if I can get the exact measurements.

A little bit off topic, but do you happen to have any studio tour badges that are usually given to visitors? I'm missing these four, can't find them anywhere!

image.jpeg

These ones look cool, and they're not expensive at all!

That's what I was getting at with SA and a creature pack + a coiled up Nagini, and a definite buy from me!

Darn - I was there during animal actors the time before last, but didn't get a badge, no, sorry! Now I know you collect them, I'll keep an eye out each time I go.

I don't think they're wary of producing them, just doing it the sensible and only way they can. You've got to remember that SA have only been around a very short while (forgetting X-Plus). Of course they have to start with main figures to generate sales. But, like I said, if they sell well we'll see all the characters big and small. That's what I'm hoping for, along with an increase in quality.

Yeah... I don't think they're wary of characters like Ginny and Neville per say... I think they're going for the more visually interesting/iconic characters to not-so-hardcore fans of the series. More casual fans are going to want a badass like Mad-Eye or a character like Snape or Sirius over Neville, as great a character as he is.

I'm definitely all for a creature pack. I think Dobby could conceivably be his own release though.

Yeah... I don't think they're wary of characters like Ginny and Neville per say... I think they're going for the more visually interesting/iconic characters to not-so-hardcore fans of the series. More casual fans are going to want a badass like Mad-Eye or a character like Snape or Sirius over Neville, as great a character as he is.

I'm definitely all for a creature pack. I think Dobby could conceivably be his own release though.

It would be nice as a separate release, but SA are all about hiking the price way up at the moment, so do you think they would do that? I'm trying to think what they would bundle/include with him to at least get the asking price up to Ron/Harry Casual. The only thing is - like MaxGoof said - are they really likely to go through all the expense of creating and tooling an articulated figure? I think a nice mixed media statue would be good. I'm not a fan of exposed joints anyway.

It'd be logistically difficult to make for sure, but I think that there are several different accessories that he could have from his appearances over the years. The sock, they'd throw in the cake though he never held it, maybe the lamp. They could throw in an alternate Deathly Hallows bloody pillow case perhaps :lol I'm clutching at straws accessory-wise but he could conceivably be a barebones separate release. Dobby's a popular enough character for them to bother with all the R&D and tooling, everyone loves the little guy. And if they kept the price low enough, they'd sell loads.

nevill and ginny aren't main characters, they side ones, they're obviously going for more major roles at the start of this line.

nevill and ginny aren't main characters, they side ones, they're obviously going for more major roles at the start of this line.

The only daughter of the Weasley family, who gets possessed by Lord Voldemort and opens the Chamber of Secrets, fights the Death Eaters at the Ministry of Magic, wins the Quidditch Cup for Gryffindor and is the eventual wife of the titular character is a side character...?

Neville Longbottom, who is the most prominent Hogwarts student besides the Big Three, the last student remaining fighting alongside Harry at the Ministry, who had the potential to become the Boy Who Lived instead of Harry, organizes Dumbledore's Army against Voldemort in the absence of the Big 3 during Deathly Hallows, and who destroys Lord Voldemort's final Horcrux (Nagini) is a side character?

We might as well start saying that Chewbacca and C-3PO are side characters. :lol

The only daughter of the Weasley family, who gets possessed by Lord Voldemort and opens the Chamber of Secrets, fights the Death Eaters at the Ministry of Magic, wins the Quidditch Cup for Gryffindor and is the eventual wife of the titular character is a side character...?

Neville Longbottom, who is the most prominent Hogwarts student besides the Big Three, the last student remaining fighting alongside Harry at the Ministry, who had the potential to become the Boy Who Lived instead of Harry, organizes Dumbledore's Army against Voldemort in the absence of the Big 3 during Deathly Hallows, and who destroys Lord Voldemort's final Horcrux (Nagini) is a side character?

We might as well start saying that Chewbacca and C-3PO are side characters. :lol

...but they are. Chewbacca and C-3PO have lots of screen time, but never are they the main characters. Those would be Luke, Leia, Han, and Vader.

That's not to say Ginny and Neville aren't important, but they're side characters - particularly in the movies.

...but they are. Chewbacca and C-3PO have lots of screen time, but never are they the main characters. Those would be Luke, Leia, Han, and Vader.

That's not to say Ginny and Neville aren't important, but they're side characters - particularly in the movies.

yes. and even though chewie and c3po are side characters, to even compare them to nevill and ginny is a bit silly, chewie and c3po are iconic classic movie screen characters, side use or not, visually they are a classic recognizable symbols of the entire SW franchise and films in general. their influence/status based on just being a major part of pop culture for decades absolutely obliterates characters like nevill and ginny in the bigger picture of product creation.

i like ginny and nevill too, but beyond being side characters in HP they don't really have much pull outside of that to be the types of characters that should be issued as lead designs in a toy distribution plan for star ace.

i very much doubt many people who write a list of character importance and overall franchise relevance are throwing nevill or ginny in the top 5.

i'm sure once star ace are done with the lead actors and more recognizable secondary characters we will get those lower level ones like nevill, ginny, luna ect. i'd like to see them too, but i'm certainly not expecting them anytime soon without characters like hagrid, mcgonagall, bellatrix, dobby, both dumbledores, peter ect not being released yet....

Hate to ask this here, but I didn't know where else to go. Does anybody know where you can get the ABC family extended versions of the movies? Just let me know if you do. Thanks!

P.S. Hope they do a Bellatrix.

Hate to ask this here, but I didn't know where else to go. Does anybody know where you can get the ABC family extended versions of the movies? Just let me know if you do. Thanks!

P.S. Hope they do a Bellatrix.

I don't think you can get them on DVD. You can buy the US extended versions. I have most versions and the US ones are the boxed sets that have the numbers on the front. The first two films are extended. I'm pretty sure the ABC ones just had the deleted scenes (that were bonus material) inserted into the main films. I'm from the UK and watched the ABC versions when I lived in LA and really can't remember them including anything extra above the extended versions you can buy on Amazon. So, not 100%, but I think I'm correct.

I've also got the huge Wizards box set (31 discs, if I remember right) and the extended versions are in there. Nothing new.

NOW TV in the UK currently have the extended versions on demand, and again I haven't seen anything extra that I haven't watched before.

Oh, and Itunes had extended versions that I vaguely remember being the same as ABC.

The extended version of the first film has Aunt P. with the eggs and letters, which is the same as ABC etc. It's 7 minutes extra.

What we really want is this to be included in the films - These Unreleased Harry Potter Scenes Need to Be Seen by the Public Already! | moviepilot.com

Cool, thanks for the information! Yeah, I wish they'd release a Lord of the Rings type extended version of the films with all of the important cut scenes. So very frustrating.

Cool, thanks for the information! Yeah, I wish they'd release a Lord of the Rings type extended version of the films with all of the important cut scenes. So very frustrating.

They will. HP is a money-making machine that'll keep going. Only a matter of time before we see all the cut scenes. I want to see the extended fight scene with Sirius and Bellatrix.

So, next figure up should be Tri-Wizard Harry, right? I have very high hopes for him now that we have seen Hermione.

I also just noticed the two pack on Harry/Malfoy was lowered to $359.

What was it at before?

The prices never seem to drop in the UK. Cheapest here is $390, which is crazy.

I'm losing around $20 on my Hermione preorder, and the same on Tri-Wizard, and $15 on Snape, which is $55 over three figures and very annoying. Also why I'm not preordering any more.

So, next figure up should be Tri-Wizard Harry, right? I have very high hopes for him now that we have seen Hermione.

Dumbledore and Snape were also supposed to be lowered.

Sideshow has Voldemort on sale for about $161 after a promo code and free US shipping. Its looks to be about the lowest I've seen. Would you guys recommend him for that price?

Back