Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was checking my triwizard Harry order, to see if I was on a payment plan because they haven't charged me and a payment was due yesterday, and I noticed that the order status said Item Shipping Soon.

I guess Sideshow is getting this in stock soon then.

i just want bellatrix to go with my voldermort. i'm hoping she comes with nagini too [which really should have come with voldermort].

i may consider a deathly hallows hermoine if she looks cool.

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

Although I would love to see Nagini released, I doubt it will happen. Star Ace couldn't charge for her anywhere near what they're charging for other figures due to a lack of accessories, etc. It just wouldn't be profitable. They've missed the chance to release her with Voldemort figure, and I doubt there will be another version of Voldemort any time soon.

I think a Horcruxes set would be a great way to release year 7 Harry. Put Nagini in there with the diary, the locket and all the others, maybe a little shriveled Voldemort and I'm in.

I sort of wish Star Ace hadn't shown us so much in the summer/early fall, as now we're many months away from seeing any new reveals, what with the next pre-orders presumably being Hagrid, another Dumbledore and Yule Ball Hermione.

I'm dying to see older Ron, Neville, Umbridge, McGonagall and more!

Although I would love to see Nagini released, I doubt it will happen. Star Ace couldn't charge for her anywhere near what they're charging for other figures due to a lack of accessories, etc. It just wouldn't be profitable. They've missed the chance to release her with Voldemort figure, and I doubt there will be another version of Voldemort any time soon.

I said right at the beginning that a creature pack would be good - so, Dobby, Nagini, Kreature, Cornish Pixies, Gringotts Goblins. . . things like that.

That would be great, but I doubt Star Ace would make something like that. Not feasible from a financial side. Set like that would be less appealing to the general collectors audience. It is more aimed at completists. Wish I'm wrong, but just can't that happening. After all, Star Ace is in that for money, like any other company.

Regardin Dobby, Pixies, etc, they still may get released. Dobby would go great with Lucius Malfoy(if Star Ace makes it). Also, Pixies would go nicely with Professional Lockhart. Hope they start making other figures as well. We already have 4 different Harry Potter figures, that's more than enough for now

That would be great, but I doubt Star Ace would make something like that. Not feasible from a financial side. Set like that would be less appealing to the general collectors audience. It is more aimed at completists. Wish I'm wrong, but just can't that happening. After all, Star Ace is in that for money, like any other company.

I don't agree. They're making a Hungarian Horntail and I wouldn't say that was likely to be particularly popular to anyone but die-hard fans. As far as a financial side - if the other figures sell well, they'll make more, that simple. I don't think they'll include figures as big as Dobby with other characters because it would increase the price far too much. Pixies might be small enough for Lockhart though.

Creature packs are great - Like Sideshow's Star Wars.

Mind you, SA are rather unpredictable, so who knows.

Considering Star Ace seems wary of producing main characters like Neville, Ginny and Luna, I can't even begin to see them investing the money to create all-new tooling for Elves like Dobby that would require articulation. That seems like a real longshot to me.

Considering Star Ace seems wary of producing main characters like Neville, Ginny and Luna, I can't even begin to see them investing the money to create all-new tooling for Elves like Dobby that would require articulation. That seems like a real longshot to me.

I don't think they're wary of producing them, just doing it the sensible and only way they can. You've got to remember that SA have only been around a very short while (forgetting X-Plus). Of course they have to start with main figures to generate sales. But, like I said, if they sell well we'll see all the characters big and small. That's what I'm hoping for, along with an increase in quality.

Dobby probably wouldn't be articulated anyway, I can't see them doing that either. Hence why I think a creature pack would be superb, if they ever decide to go that route. Again, depends on how much the main line sells.

There is another Dobby statue that I need to look at and see if it's to 1/6 scale, so may be a moot point anyway.

I don't agree. They're making a Hungarian Horntail and I wouldn't say that was likely to be particularly popular to anyone but die-hard fans.

Hungarian Horntail is a dragon. It will appeal to not only HP fans, but to wider audience. Nagini, although popular amongst HP fans, is only a snake at the end of the day. There's just so much one can do to make her look unique. It's a long, thin thing, lol. That's why I can't see Star Ace making her.

Regarding Dobby, do you know what's the size of the one they're selling at HP studio tour shop, the one in clamshell?

We keep going in circles. That's why I think a creature pack would be a nice possibility for them. Not now, but if the line sells well, they'll milk it for everything it's worth - including Pygmy Puffs, no doubt :). I think we'll just agree to disagree.

Anyway, moving on - this is the one I had in mind - Dobby Sculpture at noblecollection.com

Clamshell? I don't think I know that one. Do you have a link? There wasn't anything at the studio tour that looked suitable.

Sorry - didn't see the price online! So, yeah, £13.95. I'm going back to the Studio Tour in March, so will have another look. Just need to work out what size Dobby should be in 1/6 scale.

FullSizeRender(4).jpg

I think probably 6". = 3 feet tall.

The Tonner one was 7" and terrible.

Oh, and this is the kind of things I personally imagined in a creature pack - so semi-articulated. And at 1/6 scale, SA could churn them out.

Harry Potter 5 Inch Action Figure Kreacher & Dobby Twin Toys | TheHut.com

Back