Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has Voldemort on sale for about $161 after a promo code and free US shipping. Its looks to be about the lowest I've seen. Would you guys recommend him for that price?

Definitely. He's awesome, especially for that price!

Sideshow has Voldemort on sale for about $161 after a promo code and free US shipping. Its looks to be about the lowest I've seen. Would you guys recommend him for that price?

yes my god voldermort is a cool figure.

Well, I've just done something that I never thought I'd ever do - cancelled all my Star Ace preorders. Not only have I never backed out of preorders before, but I thought I was into SA for the whole line. I wanted to be. I just can't pay their ridiculous prices any more. Mad-Eye is now on Amazon for under $102. Crazy. I paid over double for my loyalty.

I've also just noticed that SA have pulled products (Draco, Harry, Dumbledores etc) off their website, so perhaps that means they're sorting out the quality issues. Let's hope so. But Snape is still there, so I'm guessing it's too late for him. No way I'm paying full retail for that sub par figure. I'm just not taking the risk anymore - I'm not feeling it with what they've got on offer. Well, all except Hermione, because she looks fantastic. As cmiller99 pointed out, they need to go to KA Kim for all of them.

And, I've been keeping an eye on their Facebook and I liked their Hagrid - I thought he'd look fantastic with futzing, but now they're going into the whole sculpted v rooted bit, and if they do rooted hair with a sculpted beard, I've decided I'm unlikely to be getting that either.

So, I'm not buying any more until I see in-hand pictures and the quality goes up or the prices come down. . . I'm really annoyed because I loved their first few figures. And I'm a big HP fan, so I'm doubly freakin' gutted. But, if they're not bringing me joy to collect, then I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Well, I've just done something that I never thought I'd ever do - cancelled all my Star Ace preorders. Not only have I never backed out of preorders before, but I thought I was into SA for the whole line. I wanted to be. I just can't pay their ridiculous prices any more. Mad-Eye is now on Amazon for under $102. Crazy. I paid over double for my loyalty.

I've also just noticed that SA have pulled products (Draco, Harry, Dumbledores etc) off their website, so perhaps that means they're sorting out the quality issues. Let's hope so. But Snape is still there, so I'm guessing it's too late for him. No way I'm paying full retail for that sub par figure. I'm just not taking the risk anymore - I'm not feeling it with what they've got on offer. Well, all except Hermione, because she looks fantastic. As cmiller99 pointed out, they need to go to KA Kim for all of them.

And, I've been keeping an eye on their Facebook and I liked their Hagrid - I thought he'd look fantastic with futzing, but now they're going into the whole sculpted v rooted bit, and if they do rooted hair with a sculpted beard, I've decided I'm unlikely to be getting that either.

So, I'm not buying any more until I see in-hand pictures and the quality goes up or the prices come down. . . I'm really annoyed because I loved their first few figures. And I'm a big HP fan, so I'm doubly freakin' gutted. But, if they're not bringing me joy to collect, then I'm spending my money elsewhere.
Haven't you made near identical posts like this going on 3 weeks now? We understand you're not pleased but we don't need constant reminders.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on. I'm just passionate and disappointed. I honestly didn't realise I'd repeated myself so much. I'm not here to offend, and despite this being a forum to voice opinions, I would've been happy to have edited it down if you'd pointed out I'd repeated myself and also been a little more polite. Of course, you don't have to read it and feel free to block me so you don't have to.

Awesome display Jordan. Hermione looks great. Looking forward to getting mine.
Thanks guys! She is awesome.

Hermione might be their best figure yet, she looks perfect.
Oh yes, she definitely is!

:exactly: She does! Although I am (trying) to hold out for the older versions, I am so so tempted to get these :slap
Get these AND the Year 7 versions. :)

If only they make K.A. Kim as the sculptor for all the headsculpts, that is what we will get. The Hermione quality.
So true. I wish she would. We're fortunate that she did Hermione. I want her to do the Year 7 figures!

Back