Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEP.the states got it in 1974..they also renamed big boss (fists of fury)..and fist of fury became (the chinese connection)..

Well said, friend. "The Big Boss" and "Fist of Fury" are not the same movie. But still today there's a little confusion with the name "Fists of Fury".
And like "Fist of Fury" became "The Chinese Connection", I guess a lot of people gone to the cinema in the 70's thinking Bruce Lee has made more than 5 films at that time.

you know WOTD was'nt intended for release in the western part of the world it was done basicly for the asian market(its still bruce's most popular and biggest grossing movie over there) hence the ''comedy didnt crossover too well'' they wernt overly impressed with ETD as they thought bruce had gone too western-ised.
and the US got WOTD after ETD..giving them RETURN OF THE DRAGON!! with most of the comedic scenes removed..
but bruce was basicly playing bruce in that film as he was a bit of a joker in real life.its also linda's fav brucie film

Hmm, sounds like ROTD would have been more my cup of tea then. I guess they didn't want Chuck Norris in a comedy.

I dunno inspite of India at that time being behind in terms of releases all the Bruce Lee films came here with correct titles... funny thing is I actually saw the Bruce Lee films in chronology

The Big Boss when I was 3, FoF when I was probably 10 or 11, WoTD and EtD around 12 or so

you know WOTD was'nt intended for release in the western part of the world it was done basicly for the asian market(its still bruce's most popular and biggest grossing movie over there) hence the ''comedy didnt crossover too well'' they wernt overly impressed with ETD as they thought bruce had gone too western-ised.
and the US got WOTD after ETD..giving them RETURN OF THE DRAGON!! with most of the comedic scenes removed..
but bruce was basicly playing bruce in that film as he was a bit of a joker in real life.its also linda's fav brucie film

YEP.the states got it in 1974..they also renamed big boss (fists of fury)..and fist of fury became (the chinese connection)..but i still rate WOTD highly as it was bruce's pet project all along..he wrote directed .starred.planned all the fight scenes.and in 1972 was way ahead of his time IMHO

:goodpost:

Great posts Chris :hi5:

As Chris mentioned above the titles "Fists of Fury" ("Big Boss") and "The Chinese Connection" ("Fist of Fury") was the American titles of the two movies, but in Europe and elsewhere in the world they did not chance their titles (except for the non-English speaking/reading parts of the world) - and that is why these where not renamed in India by the way as Axe confirms.

How ever what is maybe less know is that by accident someone swap the name labels on the two film boxes they where in and they got mixed into naming "Big Boss" as "Fists of Fury", and "Fist of Fury" as "The Chinese Connection" - so originally "Big Boss" was actually going to be called "The Chinese Connection" (title inspired by "The French Connection") and "Fist of Fury" to be re-named as "Fists of Fury".

The reason why they changed the title from "The Way of the Dragon" to "The Return of the Dragon" and also took away some scenes was because it was released in US as a "sequel" to "Enter the Dragon". Why they did that I do not know, but as Chris mentioned this movie was not supposed to be released outside Asia, and maybe because of the Hong Kong-ish special sence of humour was so goofy for the western audience - but mainly it was because they thought it would work better and because of the sequel approach when marketing the movie (by Bruce Lee "returning" with a "new" movie)....

I saw ETD first, then FOF and WOTD. WOTD is the only one I saw for the first time on DVD.

I saw all of them on VHS... I think the EtD release was censored on the DVD as I DISTINCTLY remembered b(.)(.)bies the first time I saw it as a 12 year old... Im sure. (It left an impression you can say)

This pic of the EB WotD figure, posted on this ebay auction, actually makes the figure look :cool:

$%28KGrHqZ,!hwE5czEvW6OBOZs2njlhw~~60_12.JPG

Yeah. A bit much for me as well. Although, I'm not really after that figure anyway :D

I think it's the worst sculpt of them all, but what I do like about it is Bruce's expression. It blows not having that figure to complete my display :(

You sound like you'd buy it for the sole purpose of completing your EB collection :lol

I was going to do something similar with the Sucker Punch girls. But I've changed my mind & cancelled my pre order for Amber. Only got Babydoll on pre order. I think I'm going to focus on the Spidey line :D

You sound like you'd buy it for the sole purpose of completing your EB collection :lol

I was going to do something similar with the Sucker Punch girls. But I've changed my mind & cancelled my pre order for Amber. Only got Babydoll on pre order. I think I'm going to focus on the Spidey line :D

Yep, that's exactly why :lol I have them all except for that mofo :monkey4 I had the SP girls on PO also but canceled them both.

I think it's the worst sculpt of them all, but what I do like about it is Bruce's expression. It blows not having that figure to complete my display :(

Buy the figure, (the above auction is by our resident member ymba who you tried buying it from before :lol) then buy an FoF calm head... replace the underlying magnet piece in the FoF calm face hair-piece and exchange it with the WoTD hairpiece... In that the way the WoTD hairpiece will have the FoF magnet piece under it to fit perfectly with the FoF...

and you are done... if you cant still justify buying it... you can sell/send me your EtD verB and start giving out your other EB BL figures... you shouldnt keep them unless you have all of them.. an incomplete collection looks bad :lecture

Buy the figure, (the above auction is by our resident member ymba who you tried buying it from before :lol) then buy an FoF calm head... replace the underlying magnet piece in the FoF calm face hair-piece and exchange it with the WoTD hairpiece... In that the way the WoTD hairpiece will have the FoF magnet piece under it to fit perfectly with the FoF...

and you are done... if you cant still justify buying it... you can sell/send me your EtD verB and start giving out your other EB BL figures... you shouldnt keep them unless you have all of them.. an incomplete collection looks bad :lecture
:lol Nah man, 399 (+$30 shipping :lol) for that figure is too much. I'd probably say my max for that is 299 shipped, not that I ever expect to get him at that price, but imo the figure should be priced the same as the MMS Bruce's.

From what I recall that seller had a few ETD v B's, you picking 1 up axe? He gave me the run around on what BL's he had for sale, changed his mind a few times. So I just went elsewhere. :dunno

I sold mine used 2 years ago for $370 + $60 shipping (costs a lot from Oz to anywhere....) I think $399 is pretty good at this stage.

Though you could always wait for the obvious Enterbay Way of the Dragon 2 figure with BD head sculpt....

This pic of the EB WotD figure, posted on this ebay auction, actually makes the figure look :cool:

$%28KGrHqZ,!hwE5czEvW6OBOZs2njlhw~~60_12.JPG

Just a heads-up, the auction's 1st pic is actually the EB prototype and not the actual product piece.

This particular seller used my pic for his/her ETD 1/4 auction before without my prior knowledge or permission, so just caution in the wind, pics in his auctions may not reflect the actual state of the items.

Here's mine, not as good as the initial EB proto but I like him cos it's a different portrayal of Bruce's likeness, more caricature/anime-like due to his big eyes, definitely holds a place on my shelve for good diversity....

Just a heads-up, the auction's 1st pic is actually the EB prototype and not the actual product piece.

This particular seller used my pic for his/her ETD 1/4 auction before without my prior knowledge or permission, so just caution in the wind, pics in his auctions may not reflect the actual state of the items.

Here's mine, not as good as the initial EB proto but I like him cos it's a different portrayal of Bruce's likeness, more caricature/anime-like due to his big eyes, definitely holds a place on my shelve for good diversity....

Damn, that's exactly why I watermark my pics with my name now. GungFu was busting my chops about it :lol

From what I recall that seller had a few ETD v B's, you picking 1 up axe? He gave me the run around on what BL's he had for sale, changed his mind a few times. So I just went elsewhere. :dunno

Well his prices are beyond crazy, and the first time I approached him, he didnt even reply but after some more queries he asked me if I had money to pay???? found that pretty insulting... anyway he showed me pics of his 'hoarded up BL's heard about him from some respected BL collectors... all of whom advised me not to deal with him simply because he lacks something called courtesy, genteel etc etc.

He never qouted a price but told me what he paid for them and asked me what could I expect the prices to be... that wat being talked down to due to asking for some figures and if they could be sold, I felt like Tupac being held for 'questioning' :horror

I sincerely wish he can be happy with his boxes and boxes of EB BL's and take them to his grave.

Damn, that's exactly why I watermark my pics with my name now. GungFu was busting my chops about it :lol

yeah guess it's a common trait in the internet world....not angry or anything like that, but it wld be nice to have a courtesy heads-up once in a while since they're are using our efforts to hawk their stuff, wldn't wanna be mistakenly associated with these auctions when things go wrong too man.

Well his prices are beyond crazy, and the first time I approached him, he didnt even reply but after some more queries he asked me if I had money to pay???? found that pretty insulting... anyway he showed me pics of his 'hoarded up BL's heard about him from some respected BL collectors... all of whom advised me not to deal with him simply because he lacks something called courtesy, genteel etc etc.

He never qouted a price but told me what he paid for them and asked me what could I expect the prices to be... that wat being talked down to due to asking for some figures and if they could be sold, I felt like Tupac being held for 'questioning' :horror

I sincerely wish he can be happy with his boxes and boxes of EB BL's and take them to his grave.
Yeah, sounds about right. I don't want to bad mouth anyone here but it's safe to say my experience was VERY similar. Took DAYS for a response and like you said, courtesy wasn't his strong suit. :lol

At any rate, if I'm meant to have the WOTD then I'll stumble across one for 299 or under, if not then oh well I'll be fine :)

My birthday & Christmas are coming up guys, someone buy me this lol

Back