Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't get why EB is getting so much flack for this. All they contributed to this was the HS. The rest is all Medicom. Even said on the second released teaser. It had the same evil looking Jack pic, but different wording. If I remember correctly it said "Produced by Medicom Toy Co., Distributed by Enterbay" :huh

It's not only the skin tone difference but the face itself looks too big for the head which lends to that horrible photoshopped look. Honestly whether it's an EB figure or a Medicom figure the truth is that both companies put their names on the product. It is now representative of both companies and even more so, representative of the UU pairing. To me this figure is a strange piece. Matching that HS (if it is actually the HS) with such a plain body can't have seemed like a good idea.

i dont know if i'm alone on this, but i personally see more depp/sparrow in the Hot Toys sculpt than this Enterbay HS

i guess perception is a funny ol' thing

i'm considering getting the Jack Sparrow figure and it will from Hot Toys if i do, based on 2 reasons, one of which i've mentioned above and the second being that in my very short experience with 1/6 collectibles, i've heard and seen a lot of negativity surrounding the quality of EB

from what i can tell, their proto's look very nice but the final product is not, i don't know exactly how accurate this is, but coupled with the amount of time's i've heard that statement and then the recent BL Behind the Scenes rubber body 'fiasco' - i'd be very worried as a newbie pre-ordering anything from EB

it would seem that EB is getting the short end of both sticks, experienced collectors and cautious newbies

that ain't too good really

That's a very safe way to go. With HT, what you see it pretty much what you get or better, but they never go backward from my experience collecting HT. I personally see more Depp in the HT one as well, but I like this sculpt too. I don't think one is better than the other. They both have their own flaws. I think the real comparison will come once HT shows their smiling Jack sculpt.

My guess would be that the manufacturing process is far more complex for 1/6 characters, all the way through from design to assembly. Also, $250 should not be considered a normal price for 1/6. Yes the HT DX's have started creeping up to that mark, and a regular figure like Superman is now touching $200 - though probably the license was a factor in this. $250 might be normal for EB and Medicom, but that's not a general trend that we'd want to see in 1/6 pricing, at least not yet.

Yeah, but for us poor saps not living in the US, if a figure is 200$, with shipping it will be at least 250$ :(

I still don't get why EB is getting so much flack for this. All they contributed to this was the HS. The rest is all Medicom. Even said on the second released teaser. It had the same evil looking Jack pic, but different wording. If I remember correctly it said "Produced by Medicom Toy Co., Distributed by Enterbay" :huh

True, medicom should share in the success or blame for the UU figures, but the promo material mentions EB quite a few times, and medicom hardly gets a look in. The casual observer would be forgiven for thinking that EB were the main partner in the development and release of this figure.

Yeah, but for us poor saps not living in the US, if a figure is 200$, with shipping it will be at least 250$ :(

I hear ya, the saving grace for OZ collectors is that we only have to fork out for shipping, no additional taxes or duties or anything. Sucks to be a European/Brit collector with the shipping and the taxes.

I hear ya, the saving grace for OZ collectors is that we only have to fork out for shipping, no additional taxes or duties or anything. Sucks to be a European/Brit collector with the shipping and the taxes.

pfff As Keating once said, 'we're at the ass end of nothing' :D
We've been burned with high shipping costs and no local distributors from federation until now.

The aussie dollar suddenly going through the roof combined with HT/EB being in HK (so its not that far to ship) has finally meant its not so bad - collector wise - from being in Oz.

Australian high five :hi5:

i dont know if i'm alone on this, but i personally see more depp/sparrow in the Hot Toys sculpt than this Enterbay HS

Go back a few pages. You are not alone. I found a pic online that most closely resembled the expression and the nose and the size of the eyes are off. Again, not that the HT is perfect but this does not seem any better. I'll have to try to find the pic again.

Its up for Pre-order now on SS site...$340!!! :horror
Well, there's goes my answer to which one I'll pick. Hot Toys it is then. I really like this sculpt...but not $340. Stupid Enterbay. I swear their marketing are the ones that are gonna nail them.

Hahahaha just saw this price for $340....why would anyone pay $340 for a half decent sculpt when you can get the Hot Toys Sparrow, which is superior in every department, PLUS, the rudder and whatnot.

Nice try, Enterbay.

al_swearengen_30frames.jpg

Back