Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol $350 :lol :lol :lol

And another thing Hasbro did long before Enterbay.

talking.jpg

Is the next EB figure gonna have fuzy hair and fung fu grip?

If the price were right, then I would also have had a hard time choosing, I like both of them, don't prefer one over the other, but HT is my choice because of it being more affordable.

It's a shame that the price is so high, I believe no one on this board will buy this, haha.

If the price were right, then I would also have had a hard time choosing, I like both of them, don't prefer one over the other, but HT is my choice because of it being more affordable.

It's a shame that the price is so high, I believe no one on this board will buy this, haha.

Don't forget the second HT sculpt that we're yet to see. Could be a game changer for those on the fence :)

Yup, if theyre both the same price, I still probably would have picked this over HT cause I really love the sculpt. And the bandana and the hair looks more realistic. The ship in the bottle is nice but not a deciding factor for me. I might have bought this and an HT loose rudder. But $350? Are their marketing department idiots? They have to be.

The face looks photoshoped onto the body. Something strange about it. I smell something fishy :tap

Even if it isn't photoshoped, the actual production run figure will look nothing like this prototype. The difference between Enterbay Prototype to Production release is like night and day. It seems to be the EB trend. Wow us with incredible prototypes, only to disappoint us with what is actually being released in production to the public. It's almost like a scam.

Last edited:
Can't imagine at the price point who'd prefer this over HT. Same figures, HT has a 2nd head and better costume. Why does EB still try to go head to head instead of doing their own thing?

I think it's because EB got pissed that hot toys stole their star bruce lee sculptor(Arnie Kim). So now it's war. Maybe they want to prove a point to hot toys that they can still compete toe to toe, even without Arnie Kim.

Last edited:
You guys are crazy :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
EB only sculpt this awesome head and dats all.
I know that EB pretty messed up all the time... but certainly NOT SO :slap
So f__ Medicom for this fig yeah!!! :faq

Yea I agree that price and what not is more medi's fault than EB's. They gave us a great HS though.

On the brighter side, on EB's Facebook page some said that the price is $190 not $350. Someone asked how do they know but they have yet to reply.

But if the smaller price is the true price, at least they will be able to somewhat compete better with the HT figure

Last edited:
Likeness looks excellent but I highly doubt that is what the final piece will look like. And even though that wasn't the case, its quality wouldn't fit the rest of the figure IMo

Yea I agree that price and what not is more medi's fault than EB's. They gave us a great HS though.

On the brighter side, on EB's Facebook page some said that the price is $190 not $350. Someone asked how do they know but they have yet to reply.

But if the smaller price is the true price, at least they will be able to somewhat compete better with the HT figure

I think this is how Enterbay needs to approach this.
Honestly, they need to come in at a price point lower than Hot Toys to try and persuade cutomers their way.

Somebody noted a similar price on the HT Supes figure, around $350, but have said that the initial MSRP that comes out of HT tends to be heavily inflated. I guess it is the same with UU and we'll see a much lower price. Mea culpa for pushing the $350 tag so hard :monkey1

I'd be curious if that means that EB will still oversee the final paint work or if we'd get Medicom paint on and EB sculpt :lol

Having said that the price is ridiculous and while its a beautiful sculpt I'll just stick with HT. Also, it could just be bad photos, but the body proportions look kind of funky to me :huh

We all need EB just at least for competition with HT. That makes better product from both companies! It is all good...

We all need EB just at least for competition with HT. That makes better product from both companies! It is all good...

This gets said a lot, but would EB's demise have any impact on HT in terms of quality, pricing and licensing? My guess is nope. The real competition will likely come from upstart companies like Blitzway, who've knocked their first release out of the park it seems. EB have a few solid licenses on the go, I think the next 6-12 months will be crucial for them as they are losing a lot of love of late. A solid UU Jack Sparrow release will go a long way to repairing some of the damage, but they still have work to do.

What i don't get is the pricing. I mean, one of their 1/6 figure is about 250 (which is a normal price for these figures), but something like their 1/4 bruce lee is cheaper. What's the logic behind this?

Enterbay's 1/4 ETD bruce got best statue of the year award at mcr and yet he's so cheap compared to ss pfs for example.

I thing EB is great and they should keep making 1/4s :)

What i don't get is the pricing. I mean, one of their 1/6 figure is about 250 (which is a normal price for these figures), but something like their 1/4 bruce lee is cheaper. What's the logic behind this?

Enterbay's 1/4 ETD bruce got best statue of the year award at mcr and yet he's so cheap compared to ss pfs for example.

I thing EB is great and they should keep making 1/4s :)

My guess would be that the manufacturing process is far more complex for 1/6 characters, all the way through from design to assembly. Also, $250 should not be considered a normal price for 1/6. Yes the HT DX's have started creeping up to that mark, and a regular figure like Superman is now touching $200 - though probably the license was a factor in this. $250 might be normal for EB and Medicom, but that's not a general trend that we'd want to see in 1/6 pricing, at least not yet.

Back