Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now fear that EB's Leon the Professional will be around this price, mainly because he has all the accessories but also because Enterbay thinks they can get away with these prices (until they see their quarterly sales :lol)

Can I have a Leon please Hot Toys so I don't have to support Enterbay anymore ;)?

I think Leon will be much cheaper, because the price of Captain Jack has more to do with Medicom than Enterbay

badbusiness.jpg

Arnie Kim contemplating his cappuccino and thinking how not so long ago he was that guy...

The real joke is you guys still acting as though Enterbay did anything other than the headsculpt for this piece, of which most agree is better than the Hot Toys headsculpt. All problems with this figure come from Medicom. Skinny body, different colored skin, outrageous price, poor accessories, average fabrics. That's all Medicom's style.

I like the fact that this is the third UU announcement and yet none of them saw the light.

The real joke is you guys still acting as though Enterbay did anything other than the headsculpt for this piece, of which most agree is better than the Hot Toys headsculpt. All problems with this figure come from Medicom. Skinny body, different colored skin, outrageous price, poor accessories, average fabrics. That's all Medicom's style.

Actually most people do not agree with that sentiment, even in this thread. And if you were to be fair and included those Freaks who only posted in the HT thread about the sculpts the poll would be in HT's favor by a landslide.

But actually partnering up with a company known for its skinny bodies, awful paint apps, outrageous pricing, poor accessories and average fabrics - that's all Enterbay's style :lol

I understand how an electronic feature like the voice box would boost the price up, but that actually reduces appeal for me. Even as a kid, I hated that crap since it made figures seem so clunky and it felt like just another part that could eventually break.
Hot Toys has a great headsculpt too (arguably on the same level, just not quite as accurately-tanned as this one) with PERS. Plus the quality of the accessories like the ship-in-a-bottle is much higher on the HT figure, while this one's isn't quite as detailed. Let's not forget the fabric boots HT has, too.
With all that in mind, I think the biggest point to make is that the clothing on HT's Jack looks much better and fits well on the body. EB's version seems to sag down on his shoulders and appears cheap. Everything from the neck-down on this doesn't quite hold up. That and the face is a bit Photoshop-ish. Not sure what to make of that.

For $100 less, HT's is a steal in comparison (and it comes with more schtuff!). This guy here seems likely to end up on SSC's giftcard eligibility list. $350... nuts. I've never heard of a 1/6 figure going for secondary market prices before its release, and certainly not without good reason.

Last edited:
$339? Holy moly. I like the HT Sparrow better -- and I'd have passed on the HT at $339.

If I recall, Jack Bauer was less than $200 (maybe $180ish).

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back