Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While undoubtedly, licensor approval was a factor in the final 2nd portait for the HT figure, given the past between HT and EB, I find it hard to imagine that their feud wasn't a factor. The licensor may have chosen that sculpt and HT's tale could be true, but how do we know they didn't submit 20 smirk heads and that was the particular one that got approved. We don't know what they submitted, but I think they've been clear about fighting with EB. Enterbay unveils their full figure and within days, HT adds that Jack will include the Pearl in bottle that EB shows off but HT didn't originally include and they announced Angelica way ahead with raw sculpt challices to also say, what the EB figure includes, we'll offer you. They've been trying to stick it to EB with Sparrow the whole time and I'm sure the smirk sculpt was part of that.

The only good thing I like about this figure is the real bandana clothe & those chalice cups. The rest...'meh'

Btw, why's the vest colored blue? :cuckoo:

While undoubtedly, licensor approval was a factor in the final 2nd portait for the HT figure, given the past between HT and EB, I find it hard to imagine that their feud wasn't a factor. The licensor may have chosen that sculpt and HT's tale could be true, but how do we know they didn't submit 20 smirk heads and that was the particular one that got approved. We don't know what they submitted, but I think they've been clear about fighting with EB. Enterbay unveils their full figure and within days, HT adds that Jack will include the Pearl in bottle that EB shows off but HT didn't originally include and they announced Angelica way ahead with raw sculpt challices to also say, what the EB figure includes, we'll offer you. They've been trying to stick it to EB with Sparrow the whole time and I'm sure the smirk sculpt was part of that.

I agree with you. They're feud is undoubtedly evident and I'm not trying to be blind about it. I totally agree that HT have been trying to stick it to EB ever since the beginning of both figures initial announcement. but like you said, how do we know anything for sure? It the smiling sculpt could be another "FU" to from HT to EB like Wor-gar said, but I like to think of the positive over the negative. And while HT is an obvious bully to EB like after seeing how great the EB 1/4 T-800 came out, HT decides they want to do make 1/4 poseable figures. Fans probably didn't help much with constantly post the EB figure on HT Facebook page talking about how great the EB figure was over the 1/6 HT one. But at the same time, I want to see it as HT trying to make the best Jack Sparrow figure out there for the fans vs trying to just stump out EB. Just trying have a more positive reason thats for us, fans of Depp, POTC and/or collectors, than "they made this to out do EB again" if that makes any sense :)

I understand, it's just that after the Godfather battle, I feel like HT aggressively pursues their figure being praised over EB. I'm sure DX Jack was planned regardless of EB, but once EB details came out and fans reacted to certain things with a sort of wishe HT had done that attitude, I think their egos set in and they basically worked their figure to be just like EBs but have more so they could be declared a winner. And as you mentioned, the EB T-800 situation will undoubtedly result in a new 1/6 Terminator or. 1/4 scale HT one to regain dominance there. I get how you want to look at things and it's a good way, I just see clear signs of HT's need to outdo EB and feel that fuels certain actions more than any motive.

I understand, it's just that after the Godfather battle, I feel like HT aggressively pursues their figure being praised over EB. I'm sure DX Jack was planned regardless of EB, but once EB details came out and fans reacted to certain things with a sort of wishe HT had done that attitude, I think their egos set in and they basically worked their figure to be just like EBs but have more so they could be declared a winner. And as you mentioned, the EB T-800 situation will undoubtedly result in a new 1/6 Terminator or. 1/4 scale HT one to regain dominance there. I get how you want to look at things and it's a good way, I just see clear signs of HT's need to outdo EB and feel that fuels certain actions more than any motive.

Yeah, like HT releasing pics of an as of yet imaginary, rubber Bruce Lee body just as EB were releasing theirs. EB must have been working on their 1/4 scale figures for ages. We have EB T2 in hand and seen 1/4 promo pics from TDK, what have we seen from HT? another thunder stealing announcement..."Oh, we are doing 1/4 scale as well!!!" And this Jack smirk to me at least is a EB rip off, that was the one thing that was highly praised from the EB promo pics.
It's just silly IMO, EB are obviously the smaller company, let them have their bread as well. There is obviously some real bad feeling between the owners of these companies. :dunno

The way I see it, the bad feelings are on HT's side, EB seems like they just want to have a place in the collecting world and with HT bullying them in 1/6, moved onto 1/4 but now HT is going after that. HT makes nice products but the EB feud and some of their customer treatment makes them look shady as a company.

EB tried to be a bully as well. Blitzway showed their Scarface and then EB quicky told people they are making one too and didn't show anything for months.

EB tried to be a bully as well. Blitzway showed their Scarface and then EB quicky told people they are making one too and didn't show anything for months.

from what i know, EB had planned to release a scarface figure before blitzway announced theirs, so i don't think it was anything malicious. it's just EB's crappy pace that made it seem that way, and since they'd paid for the license already it made sense to announce.

as for HT... i've flogged that horse many times in the past and been berated for it - their actions on the surface appear to be vindictive. and even if their motives are completely clean, my view of them has changed to childish nasty _____es.

from what i know, EB had planned to release a scarface figure before blitzway announced theirs, so i don't think it was anything malicious. it's just EB's crappy pace that made it seem that way, and since they'd paid for the license already it made sense to announce.

as for HT... i've flogged that horse many times in the past and been berated for it - their actions on the surface appear to be vindictive. and even if their motives are completely clean, my view of them has changed to childish nasty _____es.

Agreed.:exactly:

I don't think it's surprising or particularly shameful that HT would attempt to undermine or put any of their competitors out of business.

EB could only ever be considered as a small thawn in HT side, but they are still fair game in the business world.

But to say one company is feuding with another is really pure speculation, we just don't have enough facts to say it's one way or another. :dunno

I don't think it's surprising or particularly shameful that HT would attempt to undermine or put any of their competitors out of business.

that depends on what kind of person you are.

But to say one company is feuding with another is really pure speculation, we just don't have enough facts to say it's one way or another. :dunno

that's true about a lot in life. but where you don't have all the facts, you can have an opinion based on the evidence you do have. you might not think HT are doing anything wrong ever, and that's up to you. the evidence says something else to me.

That's the nature and reality of big buisness, you're being naive if you think it's any other way. Any company that willingly gives an inch to their competitors is doomed and may as well close their doors now.

That's the nature and reality of big buisness, you're being naive if you think it's any other way. Any company that willingly gives an inch to their competitors is doomed and may as well close their doors now.

see, i've heard that argument and the naive comment time and time again, and it's starting to piss me off how people are missing the point. nobody is stupid enough to think howard and bill should be holding each other's dicks, singing songs and skipping down the road together. yes, competition is necessary. but the way you conduct yourself in that competition makes all the difference in your customers' perception. there's a difference between HT seeing EB's output and deciding to seek out even more lucrative licenses, investing in QC and R&D to improve their products, and them following the strategy they are now. the former works out better for their customers and eventually will put EB out of business in a positive way if that's what they want. alternatively, the two companies could co-exist, the 1/6 market could grow through their varied licenses and both could make a ____load of money. i don't see many other major markets in the world dominated by only one company, and the 1/6 market is still relatively young. so it's not really the nature of big business, is it?

instead, consumers get the same regurgitated licenses, QC issues, incomplete lines, poor customer service and this bullying perception. competition exists everywhere but it's rare to see one company so blatantly having a hard-on for another, mimicking their every move.

anyway, it's why i said it depends on what kind of person you are. you see it as naive, which i actually think is naive. it's why you and i would never get on if we met in person. different people, different opinions.

see, i've heard that argument and the naive comment time and time again, and it's starting to piss me off how people are missing the point. nobody is stupid enough to think howard and bill should be holding each other's dicks, singing songs and skipping down the road together. yes, competition is necessary. but the way you conduct yourself in that competition makes all the difference in your customers' perception. there's a difference between HT seeing EB's output and deciding to seek out even more lucrative licenses, investing in QC and R&D to improve their products, and them following the strategy they are now. the former works out better for their customers and eventually will put EB out of business in a positive way if that's what they want. alternatively, the two companies could co-exist, the 1/6 market could grow through their varied licenses and both could make a ____load of money. i don't see many other major markets in the world dominated by only one company, and the 1/6 market is still relatively young. so it's not really the nature of big business, is it?

instead, consumers get the same regurgitated licenses, QC issues, incomplete lines, poor customer service and this bullying perception. competition exists everywhere but it's rare to see one company so blatantly having a hard-on for another, mimicking their every move.

anyway, it's why i said it depends on what kind of person you are. you see it as naive, which i actually think is naive. it's why you and i would never get on if we met in person. different people, different opinions.

It's all he said, she said stuff, really... We aren't privy to all the facts of the matter, all we can do is give our opinions, but that doesn't make them facts. There's more to the world than HT and EB. There are many other 1/6 companys out there that manufacture figures, and many, many more that produce 1/6 parts and accesorys. HT is only considered to be number 1 because people buy their products, nobody is forcing people to do that. It's the consumers that decide a companys position and fate.

that looks bad how movie inaccurate can you get with his outfit ? wheres the weathering ? hot toys win for me

There's not much weathering on the Hot Toys outfit as well. I guess that's inaccurate as well. Maybe we should add some sea salt.

Back