Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the hyperbolic negative statements here are just ridiculous...
of course the figure could be better, but it's still a very nice figure...
you may not like the price, the voice features, etc.
But calling it garbage is ridiculous and pathetic...

Way to kill discussion by labelling people's views as 'hyperbolically negative'. Unlike many people I like the talking feature and the brighter colours - they're fun - and I assume the high price is due to paying for Depp's voice, so it's justified, but the top half of the face looks nothing like Depp and that's just how many people see it. And I also accept that many people will feel differently from me and hate the cartoony appearance of the figure even though I like it.

Way to kill discussion by labelling people's views as 'hyperbolically negative'. Unlike many people I like the talking feature and the brighter colours - they're fun - and I assume the high price is due to paying for Depp's voice, so it's justified, but the top half of the face looks nothing like Depp and that's just how many people see it. And I also accept that many people will feel differently from me and hate the cartoony appearance of the figure even though I like it.

Nah, then why is it that their Luke also comes w/ a hefty price tag as well? Wait, probably because of the light-up light saber? :cuckoo:

Granted it's through a video, but it didn't sound like Depp to me, just a good voice actor.

That sucks if it's true don't the specs make it clear? That basically removes my only reason for buying this figure. Hell, I can do an impersonation of Depp.

BTW has anyone else noticed that the waistcoat is the same shade of blue as Postman Pat's uniform? He even has some gold patterning on it. Maybe Enterbay is bringing out a Postman Pat figure and the fabric for the waistcoat was left over from it?

Last edited:
That sucks if it's true don't the specs make it clear? That basically removes my only reason for buying this figure. Hell, I can do an impersonation of Depp.

BTW has anyone else noticed that the waistcoat is the same shade of blue as Postman Pat's uniform? He even has some gold patterning on it. Maybe Enterbay is bringing out a Postman Pat figure and the fabric for the waistcoat was left over from it?

Not sure where else specs can be found, but looking at Sideshow's site, it's listed as "Plays 13 Jack Sparrow sayings".

So nothing saying specifically that it's Depp's voice. Some of the lines do sound like it, but others not so much. In the video, "Parlay!" and "I'd be much obliged if you drop me off at my ship" don't sound like him, the others sound right from the movie.

The discussion was killed long ago, when nearly everyone who frequents this thread are the people solely buying the Hot Toys version of whom never had interest in this figure in the first place. It sure is fun trying to get excited for something when you have haters breathing down your neck. Seriously every positive comment is immediately criticized in this thread.

I think this looks pretty damn good! But if it's still $300--simply too much money.

That sucks if it's true don't the specs make it clear? That basically removes my only reason for buying this figure. Hell, I can slur my words in a drunken Bristolian accent that sounds nothing like Depp.

Fixed that for me.

Yeah all of the Ultimate Unison figures are really expensive so I imagine the added voices didn't alter the final price much at all. I wonder how these even sell. I know they all go on clearance with US sites like BBTS, but it is the Asian market that matters. Do people in Japan go crazy over the Yuusaku UU or the one from the SP Police drama? I can only wonder. Personally I really want both of those but BBTS had Yuusaku on sale when I didn't have the chance to get him :(

Back