Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO Hot Toys Jack Sparrow plus some of the accessories from this set would be perfect haha.

I won't be a snob and call this one trash or garbage or anything like that since its actually a pretty dang nice figure quality wise... it just looks nothing like Depp.

I won't be a snob and call this one trash or garbage or anything like that since its actually a pretty dang nice figure quality wise... it just looks nothing like Depp.

I don't think the tailoring is 'quality' but I do think it would be a great, fun figure to own... if it wasn't for the price. Even if it cost the same as HT folks would accept it but $350 for a piece with some recycled clothes from an old medi release...:slap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzdc33zc4cg
Squeezing a high end figure? Not sure if I would like to do that?
Thanks for the vid Dino! Nice to finally see/hear the talking feature.
Sounds more like a button that's beig pushed rather than squeezing the figure to make it talk. Sounds like phrases taken straight from the movies too which is good vs some random "sound a like" person saying the phrase. Pretty cool that there are some COTBP phrases too and not just OST
I really, really, want that squeezey talking pirate doll. No, I'm serious, I can't wait to get it.:panic:

me too! I don't care how childish folks may say a talking feature is. For me, that makes me wish I could get this figure even more now. If I can, and it's still available (which it probably will be) I'd definitely like to pic this figure up.

I actually like that headsculpt!

Too bad Medicom's poor tailoring with the suit (ugh, look at the ugly vest! The designs on it stand out waaay too much) and the fact the Medi-body is so delicate that the figure is just not worth it.

They couldn't even have the body look the same color as the "tanned" skin tone? Look at his pasty white neck.

How durable are Medicom stuff? EB only did the head and Medicom did the rest?

the newer medi bodies are quite durable. more so than their original body. I have the newest body from medi and I prefer it much more than a HT TT b/c it's much more poseable than a TT. I have the old medi Sparrow and the leg snapped quick. I purposely posed the heck out of the new body just in case it did break with the slightest touch like the old ones so i could return it before it was too late and to my happy surprise, the body withstood lots of crazy poses. Most are used to how easy the old bodies broke so now they're hesitant (rightfully so) about the new medi bodies but from my experience with the old and the new, the new is MUCH better. plus the new medi bodies fit HT hand pegs which is an added bonus

I actually like that headsculpt!

Too bad Medicom's poor tailoring with the suit (ugh, look at the ugly vest! The designs on it stand out waaay too much) and the fact the Medi-body is so delicate that the figure is just not worth it.

not so much fact for new medi bodies
read above :wink1:

Gipetto0812 said:
White shirt is definitely not recycled. The old medi shirt was an off white snd didn't have the tassels nor does it look to be made of the same material. You're correct about the jacket though. It's definitely new and looks nicer than the original medi jacket IMO.

But from what I can tell of what's been recycled are

Boots (soft plastic, not hard plastic)
Hat
Sword
Original flintlock (which is sadly inaccurate)
Compass (also terribly inaccurate)
And possibly the black wrist wrap

EDIT: just looked at my old medi Jack's hat and the hat that comes with this figure is indeed different. so hat is not recycled

EDIT #2: pics of the box. It's no DX box, but still pretty nice when compared to most Medi boxes. at least there's lots of graphics and possible text which medi usually lacks when it comes to boxes

UUSparrowbox.jpg

Last edited:
Have you got any larger versions of those pics Gipetto? Also, do you know if you can get the Hot Toys heads on this body?

Seeing how basic the medi/ eb box is makes me almost nostalgic for when packaging like that was described as 'gorgeous'. The DX packaging is stellar but it's almost too much for a mere action figure (the box...the foam...).

Have you got any larger versions of those pics Gipetto? Also, do you know if you can get the Hot Toys heads on this body?
Unfortunately no (about more pics of the box). I just got that pic off of the enterby facebook page.

In regards to getting the HT head on this body, from what I've read, the HT neck ball neck joint will fit but you'd have to sand/file down the bottom ball that would connect to the neck so it can fit in the medi neck adapter. I've never tried this though as I haven't had a reason to so I'm not 100% sure. Also with this having a voice feature, this may be a slightly different design than the newer body (medi naked2 body) that I have.
Seeing how basic the medi/ eb box is makes me almost nostalgic for when packaging like that was described as 'gorgeous'. The DX packaging is stellar but it's almost too much for a mere action figure (the box...the foam...).

I have to agree. While I do love the elegance and overall presentation of the DX boxes (half the fun of a new figure is opening it IMO) they do have an almost overwhelming presence. Sometimes, simple packaging like this box is good enough for me.

Hmm I kinda like how it looks - but I'm not sure that all those phrases are the real Depp

Me neither. Some of them sound a little high-pitched and odd. Still Sparrow-ish, but I'd sooner have dropped the electronic gimmick to allow for a slightly lower price tag.

Back