Official Diamond Select 18" Star Wars Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to find Maul new in box for about $35...I should receive it in a couple of days. Interested to see how this looks....

I happen to find Maul new in box for about $35...I should receive it in a couple of days. Interested to see how this looks....

At that price I don't think you will be dissapointed!

I paid £60GBP and still love him! (well birthday present, so I didn't pay LOL)

Can't wait for Emperor and 2x Royal Guards. Gonna order Vader for sure, and hope we get Stormtroopers and the fetts!

I'm curious if they ever make a Stormtrooper and how that will look like... As I already said Vader looks ok, still need to see some in hand pics to be sure if I want him.

DST has already confirmed that Stormtroopers are on the way:banana And I think I read that they had a rough WIP at Toyfair but didn't allow any pics. I have every one released so far and I am impressed with them all, especially for the $60 or less that I have paid for them. They are great to display but do take up a lot of space as they tower over 1/6 scale figs :google.

DST has already confirmed that Stormtroopers are on the way:banana And I think I read that they had a rough WIP at Toyfair but didn't allow any pics. I have every one released so far and I am impressed with them all, especially for the $60 or less that I have paid for them. They are great to display but do take up a lot of space as they tower over 1/6 scale figs :google.

Thanks, that is good news. Hopefully we'll see some pics soon :)

I picked up a Maul with a broken leg at a LCS for $20 pretty much just for the cloak. I used the cloak for my PF but the figure itself actually wasn't too bad other than the broken knee.

It's a line that I'd continue to be interested in if I can get good prices on them. I'd be interested in doing some custom work on some of the ones that didn't turn out so great.

Whoo Hoo!

Gave up waiting for Play.com to get these in stock and started trawling eBay. Just picked up the Emperor for £49GBP delivered!

Should have him by the middle of the week with luck so I'll stick some pics up when he arrives.

:D:emperor

I'm not a fan of 1/4 scale. The basically look like elongated Hasbro figures, with the same quality head sculpts and accessories. The SST Darth Maul head sculpt is better by leagues. It's far more menacing looking. The Diamond one looks like school picture day at the Sith Jr. High.

I'm not a fan of 1/4 scale. The basically look like elongated Hasbro figures, with the same quality head sculpts and accessories. The SST Darth Maul head sculpt is better by leagues. It's far more menacing looking. The Diamond one looks like school picture day at the Sith Jr. High.

Man, I'm looking at mine right now and it looks just like Darth Maul's sinister expression. To me, it has to be seen in person. All the pics I've seen of it do not do it justice. It doesn't look as tall & lanky in person either to me especially when displayed with the cloak on. For the prices you can find it at, it's an easy buy.

Man, I'm looking at mine right now and it looks just like Darth Maul's sinister expression. To me, it has to be seen in person. All the pics I've seen of it do not do it justice. It doesn't look as tall & lanky in person either to me especially when displayed with the cloak on. For the prices you can find it at, it's an easy buy.

I agree, Maul looks great including the face and head sculpt. And compared to $100's for SSC a great deal as well.
Maulface.jpg

Last edited:
I was feeling pretty down today having snapped the knee on my Hot Toys Hellboy while taking some pictures this morning. :monkey2

Then the postman arrived, and cheered me up! He had a visitor from the Dark Side with him...

Sid1.jpg

Sid2.jpg

I'm hoping to take some decent picture tonight when the kids are in bed. For now, here are a few quick snaps! The paintwork looks really heavy handed in the pictures due to the flash, but in hand infront of me now on my desk, he rocks :rock

Only real complaint, the standard neck looks wierd becaus ethe head is soooo sculpted. but you can arrange the hood to hide it so no real biggie.

Sid3.jpg

Sid4.jpg

Sid5.jpg

Sid6.jpg

Sid7.jpg

Come with me to Darthgothikus' Hall of Shame for more ghoulish images of the Dark Sith Lord... Mwahhh Haaa Haaa!!!!!!

SID10.jpg

Just follow the sig link and skip to page 9 :emperor

Nice pics DarthG :clap. Glad to see you're having fun with him. I got an Emperor and Jedi Luke a few weeks back but have been so busy they still await being released from the plastic. I agree about the neck, it not being sculpted is a little annoying and looks out of place. I might end up getting a small piece of black cloth that matches the robe and wrapping the neck in it and see if it blends in enough to leave it. Maybe this weekend I can open up Luke and get some pics on here.

LukenEmperorcased.jpg

Hmmmm. Looks okay. Needs some major futzing and a full out repaint. Perhaps some modding of the neck to bring it in line with the head. Wouldn't be too hard with a glue gun....

According to the Art Asylum blog from July 21st, the Vader has been canceled and the line is "on hold".

What happened to the UQS Han Solo Mos Eisley and Luke Tat? All of the stores are canceling preorders and not taking any new preorders for them. Is the line dead? And does this mean that we can forget Darth Vader as well?

DSTChuck: Darth Vader has been canceled. Han and ObiWan will be in stores in September.

James White

Hey Chuck, Hows it going? 1.Since you are going to be doing Marvel UQS figures with no sound chips and extra accessories have you thought about doing this with the Star Wars line as well? 2. Speaking of Star Wars UQS. How is Vader coming along? That is the one I have been waiting for. 3. Any plans being tossed around for a UQS Boba Fett?

DSTChuck: I am fine thanks for asking! Yes we have considered it for SW as we;; but it does not seem to be distinct enough from what’s already in the marketplace. I am sorry though the UQS SW line is on hold. The last two to ship will be Han and Obi Wan.

Back