Official Diamond Select 18" Star Wars Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally found one of these at retail (and for only $35 Canadian) so I bought it... Mace Windu... Actually I'm impressed. Pretty good sculpt and worth it-- at that clearance price.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of these.

I picked up a Mace Windu last week on sale for £20, goes great with the Premium Format statues. I'm going to build a base from wood similar to the PF bases so it fits in a little better.

DSC07760Medium.jpg

DSC07779Medium.jpg

DSC07765Medium.jpg

DSC07755Medium.jpg

DSC07780Medium.jpg

Definitely a better sculpt than the Sideshow 1/6 scale figure. For the price, the quality seems pretty darned good, at least with some of them. Too bad they're not going to be making more.

I've decided to order the Emperor from the pics in this thread and took a risk of ordering the ROTS Obi-Wan I've not seen any in hand pics of this one but play have it in stock.
I think I'll be stripping them down and cutting an inch or 2 off of the torso so they are in scale.

I made a Sideshow style base for my 1/4 scale Mace Windu today, I'm going to do the same with the ROTS Obi-Wan and a ROTJ Emperor when they arrive. I screwed his feet to the base which has removed the need for the stand which comes with them.

DSC07794Medium.jpg

DSC07796Medium.jpg

DSC07808Medium.jpg

DSC07812Medium.jpg

DSC07813Medium.jpg

DSC07819Medium.jpg

DSC07789Medium.jpg

IMO for a £20 piece ($35) I think these fit in quite well with the SSC PF range when posed well etc.

Agreed. I've got my Mace on the same shelf as my 1:1 Yoda and Dagobah Luke PF and he really doesn't look bad. For $35 I can't complain and I'm always on the lookout for the others-- at clearance prices... :hi5:

I really wish they would've continued all the way to Vader. I'm hoping to find ROTS Anakin and Obi-wan on clearance as well as the Emperor and ANH Han

I came home from work to Obi-Wan and the Emperor.
I've cut about 3 inches off of the Emperor half from the waist and the rest from the legs, also took about an inch and a half from Obi-Wans legs and padded out his waist. I intend on adding some wrinkles to the Emperors neck and then re painting it a little so it matches the head more.
Stood them on a couple of the PF bases for photos, I'll most likely make some bases for these later in the week.
Heres some pics.

ObiWan4.jpg

ObiWan1.jpg

ObiWan3.jpg

ObiWan2.jpg

ObiWan.jpg

ObiWan5.jpg

Emperor.jpg

Emperor3.jpg

Emperor1.jpg

Emperor2.jpg

Last edited:
If you only want to just use these as display pieces it's pretty easy to pad them out and adjust the height, I'm planning on getting the heads and necks repainted soon which will make a big difference IMO.

Got the Han Solo Hoth for Christmas (on sale too for around $30...)... Very nice. Love the sculpt and the outfit.

I just got my first 1/4 scale diamond select figure the other day.and I am very pleased with it for what I paided for it.I plan to touch up the paint,maybe light up the saber,and add a base to him,man it sucks they stopped the line. does anyone know of where else you can get these from at discounted prices? I see alot of potential in these figures.and plan to add them all to my collection.
I know theres alot of you guys that have customized yours,post some pics to show off what you have done.

I just got my first 1/4 scale diamond select figure the other day.and I am very pleased with it for what I paided for it.I plan to touch up the paint,maybe light up the saber,and add a base to him,man it sucks they stopped the line. does anyone know of where else you can get these from at discounted prices? I see alot of potential in these figures.and plan to add them all to my collection.
I know theres alot of you guys that have customized yours,post some pics to show off what you have done.

I just keep an eye on ebay. Every now and then you can get a really good deal.

So far I have Jedi Luke, Hoth Han, Darth Maul (which is awesome), Mace Windu, Anakin, Indiana Jones, Captain Kirk.

Darth Maul, Mace, and Jedi Luke are the stand outs in the Star Wars line for me.
Indy is pretty nice too.
I agree about the body's though, They are way to thin. If you have a character that has robes like a jedi or a jacket then they can be futzed with to look right. But if it is a character like Captain Kirk then wow... way to skinny. I had to take cloth and paper towels to make a body suit to put under the clothes to bulk him up to look right.

Back