Official Diamond Select 18" Star Wars Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why not just resculpt the hair?

I'd guess that Andy's head, Mat's head and any other head done for the figure was out for consideration and whoever had the say of yes or no on it felt better giving a thumbs up to a sculpt that was ready instead of sending one back for adjustments.

The Maul really doesn't look that bad... definitely toyish, but for the price seems like the did a good job. Would probably look better with a water treatment.

I'm not interested in this line, but I do hope they make the 1:1 Yoda mentioned in their first announcement :rock

The only real issue I see with this line is the anorexic body. If the body were more healthy proportioned a lot of these guys would look considerably better. Maul looks fine with the robe but a bit WTF in just the tunics. Old Ben should look fine with his flowing robes, I'm curious to see the first glimpse of Jedi Luke.

The only real issue I see with this line is the anorexic body. If the body were more healthy proportioned a lot of these guys would look considerably better. Maul looks fine with the robe but a bit WTF in just the tunics. Old Ben should look fine with his flowing robes, I'm curious to see the first glimpse of Jedi Luke.

Who do they think they are? Medicom? What's next? A $120 price hike? :p Actually, for the pricepoint, I can forgive the slimmer bodies. I guess the line overall is for those who really like the 1:4 scale size but can't afford a PF or want more poseability and the sculpts look fairly decent. Probably even better with a repaint. Are they coming with stands?

I don't measure the body against the price point, just a general aesthetic as to whether a figure appeals to me or not. So far, of the finished or nearly finished ones we've seen, they only look good to me when there's a puffy robe or cloak to give more mass. Hoth Han's the worst looking to me but because of the body, the tailoring and such looks fine for a figure in this price range.

They look disheveled, and slapped together hastily, but they're BIG and CHEAP, and that sells!

Just found this 1/4 scale Royal Guard. Im guessing it must be diamond select. This has got to be a win for the line as long as the helmet is scuplted correctly and they use decent material. Not a bad price, got to wonder if will be good enought to custom into a PF?

i really want to see what jedi luke is going to look like as well. hes my favorite incarnation of a sw character, but even after sideshows offering i still feel like he hasnt gotten the treatment due.

They look disheveled, and slapped together hastily, but they're BIG and CHEAP, and that sells!

All figures with soft goods need a bit of attention. Spend a couple seconds on these figures and they'll look pretty good I think. THey're not going to be SSC PF quality, but they aren't meant to be. They are toys. They are meant to be played with.

I'll probably still get it as it's one of my all-time favorite looks in Star Wars, unless SSC were to unveil a PF of this costume to my liking before time to buy it. I think the head still looks better than Medi Luke :lol

I would prefer the stern expression of the Medi Luke... this one looks like a serene male model :lol

Back