Official Diamond Select 18" Star Wars Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DST-UQSanakin1.jpg

Quite a few people bought the custom ones that were offered on ebay. I do think the pose makes the robe seem a little odd, but :huh

I would think you would have to alter the DST one in order to get it on the PF though.

I bought one of those, and it actually looks really nice on the PF if you put in on correctly.

Much more acurate than the DST one from this figure too. If anyone is planning on getting the figure just for the robe to put on the PF, I definitely reccomend looking into the custom one first.

Oops! They did it again babyyyy!

If LFL is so concerned with lightsaber consistency, why didn't old George reject the prop makers on ROTS for not matching the exact look of the ANH hilts :banghead

Don't mistake George Lucas with Lucasfilm. I'm sure he personally doesn't give a rip. Meanwhile Lucasfilm is enforcing packaging designs and turning down head sculpts that look just like the actor because it 'doesn't reflect the character'...

Don't mistake George Lucas with Lucasfilm. I'm sure he personally doesn't give a rip. Meanwhile Lucasfilm is enforcing packaging designs and turning down head sculpts that look just like the actor because it 'doesn't reflect the character'...

More info please or are you referencing the awesome Mace Windu Andy sculpt? That was criminal. I still say that it's some jackhole intern/23 year old punk kid outta college in marketing department making all of these half assed decisions at LFL. And as for the old lightsaber debate, old GL would probably whip out some "power of myth" BS for an explanation. "Lasersword" :lol.

There's also that Bespin Luke sculpt...

I don't think that falls in the category. The face was a perfect Hammil sculpt but with the hair how it is, it wasn't a good ESB Luke head. It's best suited for Kevin's custom from the EU.

If LFL is so concerned with lightsaber consistency, why didn't old George reject the prop makers on ROTS for not matching the exact look of the ANH hilts

The answer to this is pretty simple. Georgie boy is concerned with moving forward not backwards. His vision of Star Wars never seems to slow and the directives at LFL continue on that path. Color coding Stormtroopers for the Force Unleashed will no doubtedly show up in a future revision of the OT, I guarantee you we haven't seen the end of the making the OT more match the PT instead of the other way around. While LFL is carrying out the orders in reality it comes from the top down. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the films on Blu-Ray because LFL isn't done meddling with both the PT and OT and when we see them finally they'll be new "Special Editions" that will cause even more outcry. At this point its gonna continue to change past the nostalga that fans have so we have no other choice but to go with it.

If in a future edition we see the ANH hilt just look like a weathered version of the ROTS hilt I wouldn't be surprised. Same goes with Luke's iconic ANH Lightsaber probably ending up like a battered, burned from the Mustafar battle version of the ROTS Anakin as well. Technology continues to evolve and if he could he'd use digital versions of Alec Guinness to reshoot the ANH Battle scenes as well as other things that don't seem up to par. Just wait until Yoda is changed into a digital version in ESB....then the fans with implode the net.

And as for the old lightsaber debate, old GL would probably whip out some "power of myth" BS for an explanation. "Lasersword" :lol.

What's wrong with lasersword? Anakin called it that when he was a 10 year old boy before any training in Jedi terminology. The next time you hear him mention it he uses the proper term.

"Aggressive negotiations?"

"Negotiations with a lightsaber..."

What's wrong with lasersword? Anakin called it that when he was a 10 year old boy before any training in Jedi terminology. The next time you hear him mention it he uses the proper term.

:lol agree to disagree, a little boy saying lasersword is the least of the many problems with Episode I. :monkey5

I'm kinda on the fence about that one. I understand using the word to reflect the boyish naivete, however, if Anakin knew what a "Jedi" was, he'd likely know that it was a lightsaber as well.

Back