Official Diamond Select 18" Star Wars Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more pics: https://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5711&page=3

Hate to say this, but at a glance, it almost passes for a PF
SDC_4589.JPG

SDC_4586.JPG

Last edited:
The only downside with Maul, because of the awkward anatomy of the base body, he'll look bad with the robe off, same for Old Ben. Robed characters will look fine with the base body, but non-robed, as Han shows, will look very strange.

when i first saw the bodies and hands that go with these figures. it reminds me of the art asylum bruce lee body that came out.

Yeah, it's the exact same body as that old Bruce figure. I had one of those... It was nice for the price ($40 @Tower Records IIRC), but a bit flimsy and one of the legs broke pretty easily unfortunately.

Hopefully they've improved the joints a bit on the body since then.

Yeah, it's the exact same body as that old Bruce figure. I had one of those... It was nice for the price ($40 @Tower Records IIRC), but a bit flimsy and one of the legs broke pretty easily unfortunately.

Hopefully they've improved the joints a bit on the body since then.

I wouldn't count on it :lol

But I do have to admit, these aren't as bad as I thought... but still a very meh line.

So, the base body is flimsy? I was hoping it could take a good beating like the Hasbro figs.

Probably not... :lol

But for your question, its hard to say. The Bruce body (so I've heard) did have problems, but it wasn't one heavily used over time and right now being re-released its possible DST fixed issues or didn't. We really won't know until these things hit the shelves.

These are cooler than I thought they would be. I may try them out. I am very surprised at the amount of articulation. I gotta give that a chance.

My question is...what is the story behind these figures. Isn't Diamond strictly distribution and retail? If so, who manufactured these. Or did Diamond do the manufacturing themselves (via outsourcing, of course)?

Off topic but where's the 1:1 Full Size Yoda Diamond was supposed to release?

We could use the Maul Sith robe with the PF Maul, do you think it looks good or cheap, If somebody has seen this in person at SDCC?

Looks like Diamond Select just announced their next figure: ROTS Obi-Wan.

DST-UQSObiWanROTS-02.jpg

DST-UQSObiWanROTS-01.jpg

Looks pretty good, aside from the pants being the wrong color, and is that obly one tabbard I count?

Sculpt isn't so bad and they even included the "Jedi Peace Sign" Hand

I'm actually tempted to pick this one up...if it looks good "in person"...

I do like the alternate hands and the ability to pose him in that classic fight stance...not bad...

Back