Official Carnotaurus Maquette Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She didn't seem to be very into the interview. Almost like she was spacing out there for awhile.

Excellent piece, I haven't had time for pics just yet; but I can say that I am very pleased with the paint (nearly flawless again) and the sculpt.

My one gripe and it is really small is that the eyes aren't quite as "lively" as I would have liked, but they aren't very large and so don't distract much from my enjoyment of the statue -- another solid entry to the Dinosauria line!

:rock

Awesome. Maybe I should get a brass display tag for my Sideshow pieces that says something like that. "Lay a finger upon me, and I shall devour it".

I am having a serious issue with space thanks to these statues, though. Any suggestions?

Not a one. Having the same problem myself. Ironically I am working on a diagram of my shelving as we speak trying to figure out a way to fit everything I currently have on order.

Loving the pics. I was really looking forward to this one. I just couldn't afford it this month. I've had to asked for it to be placed on flexpay. Won't arrive until November now. :(

And to think SS actually is making them a reasonable size so as to accommodate space. Ah, thus is the blessing and the curse of having an expansive collection. I legitimately have no idea what I am going to move where to make room for this when it arrives. These are what I call good problems. :lol

Just think, one day all these sculptures will be holographic or somesuch. No worries about space, shipping damage, etc. And customization will be slightly less worrisome.

Ahh, the trials and tribulations of a collector. We spend money we don't have on things we don't have space for.

:rock :rock :rock

Mine arrives tomorrow! Absolutely NO place to put him, but I will open him up, take a bunch of pictures, admire him, and then pack him back up till some space opens up. :lol

No no Neehar man, you gotta find a place to display him, he's too awesome and dynamic of a piece to box up...Trust me, you'll know what I mean when you have him in your hands..

Honestly guys, I'm gonna have the same problem with space...I already have a spot for my Rex and my Styracosaurus, but after that, I have no idea, but I know the time is gonna come when I may have to rotate them..

I hear you James! Unfortunately, our house is on the market right now and I'm not sure how well it would be received by potential buyers with a giant flesh eating prehistoric monster greeting them at the door. :lol

I know if I was touring the house I would try to get you to throw it into the bargain. :lol

I hear you all, space is definetly a big problem but I guess after figuring and stressing out every inch and finally acheving the perfect spot, I would call it a well satisfied felling after nailing the right view and angle of the desired collectible. DO ANY OF YOU KEEP THE DINOSAURIA STATUES IN A DISPLAY CASE (they sure deserve that treatment with the quality of the detail and the hard work put in them) IF ANY OF YOU DO, WHAT AND FROM WHERE DO YOU RECOMMEND THE DISPLAY CASES (I know they are pretty expensive) THANK YOU

I just keep my stuff on shelves. Eventually I am going to upgrade to shelves with glass doors to cut down on how often I have to dust.

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

I hear you all, space is definetly a big problem but I guess after figuring and stressing out every inch and finally acheving the perfect spot, I would call it a well satisfied felling after nailing the right view and angle of the desired collectible. DO ANY OF YOU KEEP THE DINOSAURIA STATUES IN A DISPLAY CASE (they sure deserve that treatment with the quality of the detail and the hard work put in them) IF ANY OF YOU DO, WHAT AND FROM WHERE DO YOU RECOMMEND THE DISPLAY CASES (I know they are pretty expensive) THANK YOU

best place for an acrylic case that i know of is www.casesforcollectibles.com

I have two myself.

The Carnotaurus arrived today. He's easily the best looking dinosaur piece Sideshow has released so far. The sheer quality of the sculpt just blows everything else away - so breathtaking, I almost didn't notice the chipped tip of his hallux.

A pity that you got a small chip out of the hallux; could have been worse, could have been on the premaxilla... something like that would bother the hell out of me. :lol Other than that the piece seems to be getting sterling buzz. Can't wait to have mine arrive tomorrow. :rock :rock :rock

Back