Official Carnotaurus Maquette Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of it. It's really weird how there is this perfectly circular hold under my Carnotaurus' armpit. I guess I won't be looking there very often anyhow.

DSC00130-1.jpg

I know it's a little late in the game, but I finally got the balls to take some outdoor pics of this beast. I'd been waiting for some dry weather to give the ground the cracked earth look. Needless to say my waiting paid off, and I think these pictures turned out pretty good.

Well, that's enough of my babbling. Here are the pics.

carno1.jpg

carno2.jpg

carno6.jpg

carno7.jpg

carno3.jpg

carno4.jpg

carno5.jpg

carno9.jpg

carno10.jpg

carno8.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the pics. I risked the life of my Carno to get them.

Those pictures look awesome....yours looks much darker than mine though. Mine looks almost pale next to yours.

Chris

It might just be lighting or contrast settings. Try photographing any Sideshow statue in a number of settings, and you'll see what I mean.

Great shots, Jer. It would definitely do a number on my nerves, as well, knowing that statue is completely sold out. :horror

Very well done, as always. You have a talent for seeking out and locating the appropriate terrain to accent the base. I considered that myself with the Carno but abandoned it in my fear of soiling the base. I hope you don't trouble yourself with going to similar lengths for the Deinosuchus. :lol

Very well done, as always. You have a talent for seeking out and locating the appropriate terrain to accent the base. I considered that myself with the Carno but abandoned it in my fear of soiling the base. I hope you don't trouble yourself with going to similar lengths for the Deinosuchus. :lol

Thanks Scar. Funny thing is, I had been waiting for it to dry up enough so that the surface of the ground would start to crack. Yesterday it finally looked good enough, so I went out and took the pics. Later last night, it started pouring rain. That dry earth in the pictures is now a mud puddle.:D

As far as the Deinosuchus goes, I couldn't find a close enough location to take decent pics. I found a nice swampy area about a thousand feet from the house, but I didn't have the nerve to take it all that way. The bugs were killer that day anyway.:(

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments. Taking those photos gave me a new respect for this piece. It's pose is so dynamic, you can feel the energy coming off of it. Truly a moment frozen in time.:cool:

Back