Official Carnotaurus Maquette Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have time, I'll post a video review. I'll do my best, but I'm making no promises on how long it might take. :D

Glad to hear those teeth are sturdy! That's another fear I can put to bed... at least until mine arrives next Tuesday. :lol My day off work, the day the Carnotaurus arrives, and it had to be the day I agreed to visit Hershey Park with the girlfriend and some friends. Dammit. Still, at least I'll have it waiting for me when I get back! :rock

If I have time, I'll post a video review. I'll do my best, but I'm making no promises on how long it might take. :D

Glad to hear those teeth are sturdy! That's another fear I can put to bed... at least until mine arrives next Tuesday. :lol My day off work, the day the Carnotaurus arrives, and it had to be the day I agreed to visit Hershey Park with the girlfriend and some friends. Dammit. Still, at least I'll have it waiting for me when I get back! :rock

Sounds good buddy, Cant wait to hear your opinion on this beautiful piece :rock

Can you put up a 1/6 or something next to it for scale? It's a great piece, I'm glad it turned out flawless. I initially passed it, but I'll have to consider it now. I still want to see a sauropod next.

Can you put up a 1/6 or something next to it for scale? It's a great piece, I'm glad it turned out flawless. I initially passed it, but I'll have to consider it now. I still want to see a sauropod next.

Certainly not outlandish to consider. I would love to see one well-rendered, myself... though preferably coupled with a variety of Carcharodontosaurid. ;)

Sorry it's taking so long for yours to ship Chris. You might want to call Sideshow.

Ya man I know...strange thing....I checked my SS account this morning and my order doesnt even show up in there anymore..BUT...I got a processing email like a week+ ago....WTF???
Its weird because it was being shipped with another order I had at the same time....now their BOTH missing from my account.

I will call SS soon...im at work right now just about to go on a delivery run.

Chris

Even stranger.....right after I submited the post above....I got an email confirmation that it was shipped LoL......sooooooooo nevermind

Chris

What # did you get?

Chris
Hey Atheris. JC got #86. Also something that's kinda weird, we noticed that the edition size on the website says 150, but the edition size on the bottom of the base on ours says 125. So either they changed it at the last minute or they made an error.

Also I'll see what I can do about getting a picture of it next to a 1/6 Figure.

Hey Atheris. JC got #86. Also something that's kinda weird, we noticed that the edition size on the website says 150, but the edition size on the bottom of the base on ours says 125. So either they changed it at the last minute or they made an error.

Also I'll see what I can do about getting a picture of it next to a 1/6 Figure.

Cool, thanks for the info....Im curious to see what the ES will be out of on mine now? Could they have written it wrong...or is it actually out of 125??...we'll see I guess.

Chris

Cool, thanks for the info....Im curious to see what the ES will be out of on mine now? Could they have written it wrong...or is it actually out of 125??...we'll see I guess.

Chris
Yeah I'm not sure. I guess they could have written it wrong but I'm thinking that they changed the ES at the last minute. I've never heard of it happening before though, so I guess we'll find out for sure once more people start getting theirs.

Ya man I know...strange thing....I checked my SS account this morning and my order doesnt even show up in there anymore..BUT...I got a processing email like a week+ ago....WTF???
Its weird because it was being shipped with another order I had at the same time....now their BOTH missing from my account.

I will call SS soon...im at work right now just about to go on a delivery run.

Chris

I think I would have had a panic attack. That's why I always save my initial "Your order has been placed" e-mail.

New Photographs courtesy of Dan's Dinosaurs Chief Photographer:

Carnotaurus037.jpg

Carnotaurus047.jpg

Carnotaurus147.jpg

Carnotaurus151.jpg

Carnotaurus192.jpg

Carnotaurus226.jpg

I should have the full review published later.

Amazing how the lighting can affect so much, yes? Now I just need to find a way to implement in the site...

Those pictures are insane!!! The lighting is amazing. Really makes it look real. Did your photographer take any pics in full light?

Yeah, he rocks. He told me he took 277 shots of this piece the minute it arrived. I might have to sort through them and determine which are my absolute favorites. His general style is to use dark backgrounds to draw the eye to the figure itself. You'll notice that trend on my site, looking at all the product photos. Never thought it possible, but I think these shots actually look better than Sideshow's.

Hats off to him, I tell ya.

I got the carnotaurus, it's awsome, I like it way better than the dio. It reminds me of an Iguana, an obsessed ravenous one. Gentlemen, ladies believe me when you get this baby in you will jump for joy. This line is definetly worth collecting every piece, Sideshow you nailed it. It impressed me with the quality, I am not the type to impress easily, I am very very picky and I always try to find something wrong with every statue. With this line I am comfortably pleased. Can't wait for the T-rex in my hands, and any other statue, bring it on.

I like the lighting; nice touch of realism. Makes it look like a crepuscular carnivore, opting to stalk its prey in the failing light as animals become calm and complacent. I would like to see more like JC's as well, though, with lighting where you can see the detail. All and all, quite good.

Those pics are like the carnotaurus on the Disney ride. All dark and suddenly a friggin' dinosaur pops out to eat you. :lol It definitely makes him look more menacing. I can't wait to get mine. I'm so excited. Keep the pics coming guys.

Are the dimensions on sideshow's site pretty accurate for this? I'm rearranging to give it a spot when it arrives. :rock

They should be accurate. It appears to be a more elongated piece than the first one, so plan accordingly.

I also stumbled upon this recently. What is it about watching someone else touch the Tyrannosaurus maquette that just makes my skin crawl?

https://www.toydirectory.com/monthly/video/video.asp?clip=24483

I really like the T.rex maquette coupled in display with the VS dio. Thanks for the video post. I always relish seeing more of the Dinosauria pieces at any available opportunity. :rock

Oh, and I most heartily agree about feeling a sense of revulsion seeing someone touch the T.rex maquette. I think it's because it's the same visceral feeling I have whenever someone motions to touch any piece in my collection. I've adopted the mantra, "Lay a finger upon that and be prepared to lose it." :lol

Back