Official AH Comiquette-Black Queen Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sexy.

Yeah I wasn't going to gloss the hair originally but I thought personally it would look better if it was. I tried not to go too heavy but I guess it came out a bit that way.

I reposted the pics plus the explanation of what I did here instead, since it's a new page.

Last edited:
Well taking a page from ComputerFly's book and thanks to his advice, I was able to successfully put a gloss on my Black Queen.

Now keep one thing in mind when you look at the pics. I'm in no way a professional and this is my very first time ever attempting anything like this. I've never altered any of my statues before, except to fix something small that has broken off. So try not to be too harsh as I tried my very best and I don't think I did too bad.

Again I'm sorry for the glare but I think the reason it's like that is cause she's pale and natural light just doesn't agree with her.

Before
Picture1511.jpg

After
Picture1584.jpg

Picture1585.jpg

Picture1586.jpg

Picture1587.jpg

Picture1593.jpg

Picture1588.jpg

Picture1589.jpg

Picture1590.jpg

Picture1591.jpg

I prefer the way it was before, her outfit is leather and not vinyl. It doesn't look bad though. I love the glossy on the cape, it really makes it pop but not on her hair or outfit. Where was the thread that told how to do this by Comp?

Last edited:
I love what you did with the cape!:rock...

hey, Havok. Does yours have a problem too??...I'm looking at your pics and I see a gap on her right arm around the area where her bicep meets the opera glove. Or is that a shadow!?:confused:

Thanks guys, I'm really proud of what I was able to do. :D

I see what you mean about the Vinyl look black cat but honestly leather can have a shiny look too. I may have overdid it a bit but what can I say, I like shiny things. :lol ComputerFly posted a few pics of his Black Queen with the gloss in this thread. I PMed him afterwards and asked what he used and he was nice enough to help me out.

Thanks jinxx! I wasn't going to put a gloss on the cape originally either but I thought it would look good with just a light coat. Yeah I noticed a small gap on the arm on mine also, but it isn't really noticeable unless you get really close. I think it's just the way it is.

great pics, jinxx :cool:

and havok, very interesting repaint. certainly gives her costume a different "feel". like someone said looks more like pvc, vinyl or rubber than leather. reminds me of the material for trinity's costume (the matrix).

Thanks guys, I'm really proud of what I was able to do. :D

I see what you mean about the Vinyl look black cat but honestly leather can have a shiny look too. I may have overdid it a bit but what can I say, I like shiny things. :lol ComputerFly posted a few pics of his Black Queen with the gloss in this thread. I PMed him afterwards and asked what he used and he was nice enough to help me out.

Don't get me wrong, you did a great job doing that for your first time. I really like the cape glossy.

Got a question for fellow BQ owners...
is the end of her cape supposed to rest past the base a little?

Also part of her cape touches her right foot/leg right?

Yes on both counts for mine, sounds like you have in right.

She's gorgeous isn't she!

Yes on both counts for mine, sounds like you have in right.

She's gorgeous isn't she!

She is!! Only problem is that she won't fit in my Detolf so she's at the top.

So every time I go to look at her I have to pull a chair up so I can see her.:rotfl

homerdrool.gif

Actually no, her cape tip rests right on the edge of the base and the cape doesn't touch her leg at all, neither leg. Here is a pic of mine to show how the cape rests on the edge of the base.

Black%20Queen%203.jpg

mine touches the right leg!.............what the hell!?:confused:

I got up to double check again and nope it doesn't touch either leg. I wish her heels touched though, well the left heel but I guess that's how it was meant to be. I don't think you two have it situated right on the base is all.

I just looked at yours again Jinxx and you have the cape coming off the base and the tip should rest on the edge and that way the cape won't touch the leg.

Back