Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Thats impossible. Even for a computer."

"It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

Maybe for me but I can dream.

"Thats impossible. Even for a computer."

"It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

Maybe for me but I can dream.

It occurs to me that someone who can cast heads in clear could cast a Superman head clear, light the bottom of the neck with a red Superbright LED and paint everything else except the eyeballs and have a similar effect to the laser beam idea.
:rotfl

For the last couple of weeks I've been working on trying to update my painting skills and using the 2-in-1 Superman sculpt as my practice canvas. I've also further upgraded the costume a bit (pics of that later). But I wanted to share with you guys what for me has been a bit of an achievement in painting these 1/6 figures. I've learned a lot about layering the paint to get different tones and pore like texture on the skin and better painting of the eyes such as a more believable iris (especially in hand)
971748_10200613762799374_1428032105_n.jpg

Last edited:
Man, Gipetto, that is really impressive painting skills bud. :clap
Love also that you sculpted the neck.
That was the biggest thing that bugged me on that figure.
Its like you can only pose it looking straight up from the front view, any side angle view and that neck is just sticking out.

You also brought out the likeness.

Man, Gipetto, that is really impressive painting skills bud. :clap
Love also that you sculpted the neck.
That was the biggest thing that bugged me on that figure.
Its like you can only pose it looking straight up from the front view, any side angle view and that neck is just sticking out.

You also brought out the likeness.

Thank Remy! :hi5:

Yea man the separation of the head and neck was pretty ugly so it was a must to fix that. I'm currently doing the same to the Clark Kent sculpt is came with as well as the single Clark Kent figure I just recieved. trying I make the necks kind of long so they won't look pin headed and turtle like on the bodies. Lots of Superman customs going on on the work bench right now :yess:

The first two pictures of the repainted head really resembled Brandon Routh! Hard to believe it's the head sculpt from the 2 in 1 which I thought got Routh's head shape wrong. His face is longer but your pics show it's pretty close resemblance to Routh

More Repaints flying in!

2-in-1 Clark Kent: added scratch sculpted neck, textured and painted

OldandNew_Clark2n1_zps55b9f7da.jpg

Clark Kent single Release: Both sculpts textured and painted

OldandNew_Clark_Head_zpsb0b79ad4.jpg

OldandNew_Sups_Head_zpsb43e874a.jpg

Back