Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful!!!

I didn't have any Hot Toys figures at the time that Superman Returns was released, but man, looking at the pic on the left, it's amazing to see how far their sculpting has come in the last several years. The repainted one on the right does make that sculpt look wayyyy better, but it would be interesting to see how much better Hot Toys could do for a Brandon Routh likeness now.

Keeping this thread alive with a pic of my Routh Superman 2 in 1 on a Reeve body. Still love this figure.
IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8915.jpg

You know what? I can't remember if I even have feet on him or not. It may just be the boots on the end of the ankles. No extenders though I know that.

Looks nice Jim!

I need to take pics of mine now that I finally put a new head on mine. I'm also finally making some headway on a Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor. Currently figuring out a way to make the crystals he stole from the fortress as well as the kryptonite shank and cylinder/tube.

You know what? I can't remember if I even have feet on him or not. It may just be the boots on the end of the ankles. No extenders though I know that.

I was just curious. Figure looks great.

Looks nice Jim!

I need to take pics of mine now that I finally put a new head on mine. I'm also finally making some headway on a Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor. Currently figuring out a way to make the crystals he stole from the fortress as well as the kryptonite shank and cylinder/tube.

I bought my Brother a pack of "grow your own crystals" from a gadget place online for christmas.
He's a major superman fan, so i thought they might be cool for making Kryptonite.
It looks like it could be a cool thing to grow your own.

Sweet. I'd buy those.

Hey, you've made cast in clear material right? with your Iceman parts?

Would carving them out of wood then giving them to you to cast work?

I bought my Brother a pack of "grow your own crystals" from a gadget place online for christmas.
He's a major superman fan, so i thought they might be cool for making Kryptonite.
It looks like it could be a cool thing to grow your own.

I was looking into that actually. I just don't have the tools to properly cut them into their shapes. Unless the crystals are easy enough to carve with an exacto/hobby knife?

Nice. That would be very cool. Molding and casting these would be a lot more expensive and time consuming than just sculpting them from say a piece of plexiglass. You would still have marks on the crystals where the tags get cut off and making it out of wood puts more air in the mold than you want. Easier to just carve and polish.

I bought my Brother a couple of those in full size at a convention in Kentucky once. I think he still has them in his collection.
awesome. I would like to own a few prop replicas from the films one day :(

Nice. That would be very cool. Molding and casting these would be a lot more expensive and time consuming than just sculpting them from say a piece of plexiglass. You would still have marks on the crystals where the tags get cut off and making it out of wood puts more air in the mold than you want. Easier to just carve and polish.

Thanks for the info Jim :hi5:

What does one use to polish? Sorry I'm a total newb to making accessories.

You can use a high speed dremel polishing wheel and some ABS polish/cleaner. I may try that as well since I still have some.

Not much time spent on this, just wanted to see if I could achieve the crystal look before carving up an acrylic rod. I know it needs a lot more work and time put into it but I think this will be the route I go for the crystals.

Crystasl_WIP2_zps6b16c86b.jpg

Crystasl_WIP1_zps8a5fc717.jpg

That's cool. How did you make that?
I had some plastic sheets I used for windows from back when I had to build architecture models. It's jus held together by a few drops of clear quip grip glue and there are more score lines than I prefer to have it was a trial run. When I get a chance, I'll make a better cleaner one.

On another note, my 2 Lex Luthor heads (Returns and Smallville) came in today :yess: as well as my coat for Returns Luthor.

Back