Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Repaints flying in!

OldandNew_Sups_Head_zpsb43e874a.jpg
[/CENTER]

Beautiful!!!

dude those are so cool! i love how your repaints have brought out all the routhiness in each sculpt!
Thanks man! :) means alot, especially since I know you have lots of repaints from Darren :rock

Beautiful!!!

Thanks! That one is definitely my favorite so far. Need to see about putting that head on the full 2-in-1 suit/body

And a few more pics from my thread. It's honestly not all that shiny in hand but for some reason it's shining in the pics. shows the texture off pretty well though:

SAM_3289_zps1f7e6f49.jpg

SAM_3288_zps1c78aae3.jpg

The Clark Kent head sculpt from the Clark Kent set looks the best in terms of likeliness.
Really wish Hot Toys would revisit this license.

Both the Clark and Superman sculpts in the Clark Kent set are actually the same face with just different hair. I intially thought they were different until they were both covered in primer :lol

And I too wish there could be more from this license. Particularly a Luthor Kevin Spacey.

That would rock. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors and although he got a lot of flack for his role as Lex I think he was much more sinister than Hackman.

The Clark Kent head sculpt from the Clark Kent set looks the best in terms of likeliness.
Really wish Hot Toys would revisit this license.

I can see it already:

"Hot Toys Superman Commemorative Set
3 figures in one:
- A newly developed body featuring Brandon Routh likeness
- Evil Superman from Superman 3
- Man of Steel Superman featuring die-cast chest emblem and gauntlets."

Or something like that.

I can see it already:

"Hot Toys Superman Commemorative Set
3 figures in one:
- A newly developed body featuring Brandon Routh likeness
- Evil Superman from Superman 3
- Man of Steel Superman featuring die-cast chest emblem and gauntlets."

Or something like that.

I'd settle for just a new set of Routh head sculpts added to the older set.

Both the Clark and Superman sculpts in the Clark Kent set are actually the same face with just different hair. I intially thought they were different until they were both covered in primer :lol

And I too wish there could be more from this license. Particularly a Luthor Kevin Spacey.

Would be great if we can get some kinda of exclusive 2pack set with Superman Returns Superman&Lex Luthor.

Would be great if we can get some kinda of exclusive 2pack set with Superman Returns Superman&Lex Luthor.

That wouldn't work for everyone. They'd be better releasing them separately.
I think Lex Luthor is one of the most pathetic bad guys in any comic, so i wouldn't want a Lex figure, but i would stress that is merely my opinion.
I know there's a lot of love for Lex, but i wouldn't want a double pack.

I think Lex Luthor is one of the most pathetic bad guys in any comic, so i wouldn't want a Lex figure, but i would stress that is merely my opinion.

tumblr_m064z0QEPh1qi5hf6o1_400.gif

Sorry. I don't get the reference.
I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just my opinion.

Haha you're being too nice lately man. That's just "me" shaking my head at that comment but not in an offended way :1-1: you're good man no need to apologize. I like most iterations of Lex but my least favorite and one I can really never forgive is Donner's real estate hungry campy non threatening Lex Luthor. That's one if my biggest gripes with those movies. Just a terrible version. And I hated that an actor as great as Spacey was forced to play that Lex Luthor. He could've been amazing

Best version of LL on screen would be Micheal Rosenbaum IMO

Haha you're being too nice lately man. That's just "me" shaking my head at that comment but not in an offended way :1-1: you're good man no need to apologize. I like most iterations of Lex but my least favorite and one I can really never forgive is Donner's real estate hungry campy non threatening Lex Luthor. That's one if my biggest gripes with those movies. Just a terrible version. And I hated that an actor as great as Spacey was forced to play that Lex Luthor. He could've been amazing

Best version of LL on screen would be Micheal Rosenbaum IMO

I understand there are incarnations that don't suck, but for me, it always seems that Lex is just plain jealous of Superman. I get it. I am jealous of him too, but i'd have to get over it if Superman were real...
I know people who can't let things go. And that's what Lex seems to be all about.

Depends. I like the version of Lex who thinks he's helping humanity by being the only one who really "knows" what superman is about i.e. the first of an alien invasion or his 'for humanity' position is just a facade and Lex is the only one who can actually save the world from superman. That mixed with the version of him that's so smart that he can cure cancer or other diseases but dumbs it down so it becomes a life dependency drug so he can make more $$$. But I can see why ppl don't like him in certain iterations. We all have heroes and villains we for too much care for. Like to me, Captain Cold is just a knock off of Mr. Freeze which makes him one of my bottom villains

It's just my guess. I'm sure there's people out there that just want a Lex Luthor and not another Superman.
It's easier for a company to sell products that aren't in high demand in sets. Superman Returns is an old movie and toy companies will be busy with the new Man of Steel movie and future Superman franchise. It would be easier to justify Hot Toys getting the SR license again if they can sell more characters other than Superman. I don't see a high chance of people wanting a Lois Lane figure so a Superman&Lex 2pack seems like a likely scenario.

But it's just my wishful thinking. What are the odds of HT spending time to sell something not worth their time.

It's just my guess. I'm sure there's people out there that just want a Lex Luthor and not another Superman.
It's easier for a company to sell products that aren't in high demand in sets. Superman Returns is an old movie and toy companies will be busy with the new Man of Steel movie and future Superman franchise.

I can't honestly see as many people wanting lex as would want a new, updated Routh Superman.
I understand there is love for Lex.
And i am not dismissing that.
But it's not called Lex Luthor Returns.
It's about the guy with the red cape.

I can't honestly see as many people wanting lex as would want a new, updated Routh Superman.
I understand there is love for Lex.
And i am not dismissing that.
But it's not called Lex Luthor Returns.
It's about the guy with the red cape.

Which is why it's more in favor for Hot Toys to release a 2pack then a separate release. So they make make the money back for buying the license.

Back