Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have four of that head sculpt on figures in my detolf and I have to state that there are certain angles where it's undeniably a dead ringer for Routh.
And other angles where it's not.
Yeah.. I'm a fan of the film - & Routh's portrayal, so I'd consider getting a 2.0 HT figure.

That said, I'm not a big fan of the suit to be honest.

Well i actually made molds of the boots and cast a load until they broke.

Aha. The infamous Crimsonbob moulding. I have heard of that. :)
Incidentally, if you need to remove the HT neck peg from a figure that has a moulded on neck, all you need to do is stick the head into a cup of boiling water.
After a few minutes, the head is soft enough that the neck peg will just pop off.
Do you mould a lot of parts?

Aha. The infamous Crimsonbob moulding. I have heard of that. :)
Incidentally, if you need to remove the HT neck peg from a figure that has a moulded on neck, all you need to do is stick the head into a cup of boiling water.
After a few minutes, the head is soft enough that the neck peg will just pop off.
Do you mould a lot of parts?

Oh yeah infamous lol you make me sound dodgy :)

What you going on about removing heads for lol?

Yeah i mold a few bits here and there as well as do sculpts and kits etc.

Last edited:
As this has turned into more of a anything Superman thread here's my 2 new ones :)

P10409321024x768.jpg

nice customs, congrats, i love that red Superman!!!

I got a pair of Routh Superman boots on Ebay but to my surprise there's nothing in them to put a peg in.
Should the whole foot go in the boot, like the real thing?

I got a pair of Routh Superman boots on Ebay but to my surprise there's nothing in them to put a peg in.
Should the whole foot go in the boot, like the real thing?

Yeah. Get a set of feet(Attached to a body), and stick the boots in a cup of boiling water.
Wait five minutes, drain the water and then push the feet in. They will slide in easily after being heated up.

No prob bro. Happy to help. Boil and stuff is always a good way to conquer the tight boot issue. I only drop mine in for about a minute and that seems to do the trick.

Back