Official 12" Bespin Han Solo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My han arrived. Swapped out the buck for a true type. Serious pain in the ass overall. Fitting the feet into those tight boots was a nightmare. Sending the sculpt to kauto for a repaint, and when that hasbro jacket comes, after taking it in some places so it's not too bulky I think I'll end up loving this guy

My han arrived. Swapped out the buck for a true type. Serious pain in the ass overall. Fitting the feet into those tight boots was a nightmare. Sending the sculpt to kauto for a repaint, and when that hasbro jacket comes, after taking it in some places so it's not too bulky I think I'll end up loving this guy

Funny, I just started getting into the SW line and doing the same thing. Upgraded both Solo figures to TT. The feet was a real pain until I cut off the little stocking thingys at the end of the pants and placed the feet in the boots first without the leg connected.
Are the boots that came with your Empire Han made of soft plastic or hard? If they're hard, as mine were, you might want to look at getting the boots that came with the New Hope Han as they're softer.

The sock-pant attachments on mine ripped through the toes by the time I got them in. Had to tuck Hans pant legs back in the boots. The boots that came with mine are definitely not that soft. Had to blow dry them while forcing the feet/ankles,legs into the boot. Interesting about ANH Hans not being so tight. I might have to look into getting a pair. Though having gone through all that I might just keep the boots I have. My only big gripe with the figure still is the size of the head. I think he has too long of a neck. It could use some sanding down.

That's what I thought. So I bet all of the newer boots are made of the softer plastic. Yeah, It was hard enough puting the freakin feet in let alone taking them back out but the newer boots are worth it. The feet can be posed flat when the legs are spread and you can get more natural looking poses. So while I'm waiting for my extra boots to arrive, my Empire Han is being displayed in his manly fishnet socks.

Sounds like those boots are a no brainer. That's actually the last bit of 'sideshow stiffness' left after the true type transfer. Limited mobility in those boots. I'll have to look into picking some up for the ultimate ESB Solo :)

My Han:

f_hanm_29fc7cf.jpg

Needs a head, and a white neck:lol (rest of body is white, african american neck connectors are alot cheaper on ebay)

Also, did anyone else have major problems with that leg strap for his blaster holster? It just won't stick.:banghead

Thanks, guess I'll get out some fabric glue and fix it. And there I was fiddling with it for half an hour thinking it connected like the gun belt.

I just got mine off ebay and honestly it's not as bad as I thought. Yes, the face sculpt looks horrible, but that oxygen mask works wonders! I definitely want to put the Smuggler Han head on him, which, despite the sideburns, looks much better and closer to ESB Han. At least to me.

I also like how some here have changed him to the ROTJ Han by adding the vest and cloak. As I had mentioned before, I think this Han sculpt started out as the ROTJ version and was changed once the head was already made to possibly coincide with Bespin Luke's release.

But I love the ESB Han character and I really want to make him work for me. Until I can get a spare ANH Han, he's keeping the mask on!

If Sideshow ever makes Hoth Han with a better head sculpt, I'll be getting a spare one of those too!

Funny, I just started getting into the SW line and doing the same thing. Upgraded both Solo figures to TT. The feet was a real pain until I cut off the little stocking thingys at the end of the pants and placed the feet in the boots first without the leg connected.
Are the boots that came with your Empire Han made of soft plastic or hard? If they're hard, as mine were, you might want to look at getting the boots that came with the New Hope Han as they're softer.

I routinely cut off those socks on these figs because I find that they lock the pants in too low of a position and prevent the pants from bunching up around the boots (which looks more realistic, I think). It made a big difference on Bespin Han especially, now his jacket doesn't look so small because it begins fall a bit below the waistline.

Well my smuggler boots came today, and thanks for the recommendation Jerker, they are ten times better than the Bespin boots. So much softer. Now time to figure out how to get those Truetype feet out of those old boots..:banghead

Well my smuggler boots came today, and thanks for the recommendation Jerker, they are ten times better than the Bespin boots. So much softer. Now time to figure out how to get those Truetype feet out of those old boots..:banghead

Sure thing! Just thought I'd share the info. They make a world of difference. I just got my Jedi Luke today and will be swapping with my last pair of smuggler boots. As far as getting the feet out of the old pair- I'd just cut them open and toss 'em in the garbage. .

I routinely cut off those socks on these figs because I find that they lock the pants in too low of a position and prevent the pants from bunching up around the boots (which looks more realistic, I think). It made a big difference on Bespin Han especially, now his jacket doesn't look so small because it begins fall a bit below the waistline.

Yeah, the pants look way better with the feeties cut off anyway. Looks more natural.

Sure thing! Just thought I'd share the info. They make a world of difference. I just got my Jedi Luke today and will be swapping with my last pair of smuggler boots. As far as getting the feet out of the old pair- I'd just cut them open and toss 'em in the garbage. .

Yeah I was fiddling with them for a while, and now it looks like that might be the only option. Oh well, I just hope those hard boots don't break my scissors:lol

Got the boots on, look great. And now he can pose his legs even more naturally. Slowly getting a better and better ESB Han

Here's a pic of my Bespin Han with a ANH vest and Endor Trenchcoat. I've also replaced the belt with a more accurate one from Monkey Depot.

Unknown-4.jpg

Back