Of all the Lord of the Rings Polystone Dioramas "Out Now" which is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your Favorite Lord of the Rings Polystone Diorama?

• Total voters
Re: Of all the Lord of the Rings Polystone Dioramas "Out Now" which is your favorite?

Please no more doilies...
:monkey4

Re: Of all the Lord of the Rings Polystone Dioramas "Out Now" which is your favorite?

It's a toss-up, but I like the Saruman/GTG piece the least so far. The poses/anatomy of the wizards don't look quite right to me, though I like the faces.

Saruman vs Gandalf, that's the only one which has a good sculpt... :joy

To me it is obvious. The best of the dios is the Crack of Doom. The sculpt on Frodo and gollum is perfect. The next best is the Helm's deep one. And here comes the comment that will get me lots of flack....the eagle on the Battle above the Black Gates dio looks like something out of a Kincaid painting. To those of you who like it...great. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. I always thought the eagles were the cheesy weak link in an otherwise great story. (Why couldn't the eagles have just flown Frodo to Mount Doom in the first place for crying out loud?!?!)

Really??? Aragorn looks that bad depicted in the dio?

No, Aragorn does not look bad at all. The likeness is actually quite good with my only complaint being the lack of expression on his face. It is the only fault I can find with this dio...Aragorn looks good, the uruk hai are fantastic, as is the base. It would not surprise me at all if SS were to do two more of these Helm's Deep dio.s featuring Legolas and Gimli and that would truly make for a very impressive display. :monkey5

My 1st choice would be gandalf vs. saruman...followed by crack of doom.

If the crack of doom were a bit bigger...it would be #1

I went with the Helm's Deep dio. If the Crack of Doom dio was a bit larger and the base wasn't so lame I would have gone with that one. The facial sculpts of Frodo and Gollum are fantastic...the best representation's of those two characters I've seen. Is that any surprise since it was Trevor who sculpted them. :rock

I think "Out now" implies
1) Frodo vs Gollum
2) Aragorn vs Uruk-Hai
3) Gandalf vs Saruman

Regardless, I only have Frodo vs Gollum because it's small. The other 2 are somewhat space hogs. And what space I have left is for FB/Eagle dio.
Same here only have frodo v gollum which is a top buy for the price, i'm awaiting my FB/Eagle dio which is sure to reign over all dio's:frodo V :gollum:

And here comes the comment that will get me lots of flack....the eagle on the Battle above the Black Gates dio looks like something out of a Kincaid painting. To those of you who like it...great. Beauty in the eyes of the beer holder and all that. I always thought the eagles were the cheesy weak link in an otherwise great story. (Why couldn't the eagles have just flown Frodo to Mount Doom in the first place for crying out loud?!?!)
fixed.

Naw. You're ok! Beauty definitely is in the eyes of the beer holder!

Thanks for sharing! :lol

... I always thought the eagles were the cheesy weak link in an otherwise great story. (Why couldn't the eagles have just flown Frodo to Mount Doom in the first place for crying out loud?!?!)

Because Sauron would have seen them and they would have been attacked
by all of the ringwraiths and fell beasts.

I love all three. It's hard to pick a favorite. I love the Frodo vs gollum because of the likeness and the size. The Helms deep is awesome because of the environment. That big chunk of wall with the ladders is amazing. Aragorn's likeness is the only weak link in the piece. The Treachery of Saruman has amazing likenesses, fantastic environment. For me the only part I am iffy about is the pose of Gandalf. I kind of love hate it. Amazing piece overall though. This line is fantastic. I used to just hat going to my neighbors place and seeing all of his Marvel Vs. piece and not having anything like that in my LOTR/Star Wars collection. Now I have both lines going strong and kicking butt. It's a wonderful time to be a collector.

Because Sauron would have seen them and they would have been attacked
by all of the ringwraiths and fell beasts.

The Ringwraiths and Fell Beasts were absent from Mordor for most of the story.:banghead

Frodo vs. Gollum.

The likenesses are perfect, and it's the climax of one of the greatest stories ever told.

Back