Odds Disney remakes Ep 1-3???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AXN is playing all six Star Wars movies in the weekends and they started with TPM yesterday, today we'll have AOTC. I just realized once again how bad TPM is:

- the overall script is so uninspired, and some scenes are cringeworthy
- tons of uninteresting convoluted politics regarding trading routes on a back planet like Naboo
- dioxin - how do the Jedi know it is dioxin and not other gas?
- little Ani: are you an angel? WTH?
- pod racing scenes, way too long, and the way the entire story of the damaged ship, slave liberating through pod racing etc. was so uninspired
- freaking midichlorians, the Force is NO these midicraps
- creation of C-3PO
- Gungans, so unnecessary for the whole story
- Jar-Jar
- idiotic battle droids that are so fragile that if you push them they fall apart
- Naboo land battle, why not use droid fighters to take out the Gungan army as soon as the shields are down
- Naboo is an entire planet, but they have the army of Liechtenstein
- Anakin in the Droid Control Ship, you kiddin' me?
- the Jedi are so freaking blind they deserve what is happening next
- some special effects look so artificial my eyes were getting sore

Good parts:

- Darth Maul
- Sidious/Papatine
- Qui Gon and Obi Wan
- Some starship designs
- final duel - though a bit too elaborated
- the music score
- good to see new planets, but some scenes on Coruscant, Tatooine and Naboo exteriors look too artificial

What could have been:

- no little Ani, have him as a Padawan already with short flasbacks of his childhood, if you really want to and no midichlorians, Anakin might be strong in the Force, but that is it
- no droid army, but have clones introduced already, even better if on the baddie's side
- keep Maul, and give up the 2 Sith idea. Have then Dooku and other Sith, but keep Maul too.

Just my opinion.

1/2. ROTS/ESB
3. ANH
4. ROTJ
5. AOTC
6. TPM

ROTS better than ESB?

737ba70453893a19cd6dc1be5ce257fd.jpg

Certainly on the internet. Typing a few sentences claiming that something sucks will always make certain people feel good. Once you accept those people as a constant they get easier to ignore.
Didn't you just do that in the SSC Jango thread? :lol

Curious how young are those who have PT "movies" placed better than the OT movies?

No doubt younger than the prequel haters. It's all a matter of perspective; their expectations weren't colored by seeing the OT first and in its heyday.
Yeah and a lot of them never saw the OT until after the PT so they see all this shiny CGI in the PT and then the boring old special effects of OT and are like what is this crap.

I let my 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son watch the Harmy OT last month and it was the first time they'd watched any OT film all the way through, let alone all three. They loved them. Then after constant begging to watch the "other Star Wars movies" I begrudgingly let them go through the PT a couple weeks later. And while I quietly furrowed my brow every time they laughed at Jar Jar's antics in TPM I was delighted to hear them say that they preferred the OT overall, though they both clearly ranked ROTS itself as being on par with the originals.

One perspective that we'll never get to experience is being a kid watching Hayden Christensen's Anakin. We all watched this young whiny Justin Timberlake type dude be this guy that we all thought should be this big bad ass. But if you think back to being 8, pretty much anyone in their mid 20's was badass to us. :lol And they just had no baggage at all when it came to Hayden. He was a totally worthy and impressive Anakin to them.

I remember it being a weird thing to finally grow up and surpass Mark Hamill's age in the OT. Then stuff like the "Toche station" line and things started to stick out more, but not to the point of ruining the character or anything. I'll be curious to see if the same holds true for my kids and Hayden.

Last edited:
Yeah could you just imagine if Anthony Michael Hall had played Anakin had Lucas continued with the Prequels directly after Jedi? :lol

Yeah and a lot of them never saw the OT until after the PT so they see all this shiny CGI in the PT and then the boring old special effects of OT and are like what is this crap.

That's why the SE was a necessary evil, to make the OT look less dated next to the prequels. Of course Lucas took things too far in some places, but I was glad he finally got to realize some scenes, such as Jabba at Docking Bay 94.

Back