Odds Disney remakes Ep 1-3???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero chance. A remaster or some kind of edited version...down the track, possibly. But I think disney will be too focused on new stuff.

I will burn away my entire PT collection if Disney does that.....

.....kidding :D

They very well may remake the entire Skywalker saga on a long enough timeline. It may be animated or TV or live action or done as a series of stage plays in the style and verse of Shakespeare. But to revisit the Star Wars universe and create prequel films that fit with the original films but overwrite the Lucas prequels -- to declare TPM, AOTC, and ROTS non-canon... I don't think there's anyone currently at Disney or LucasFilm who would entertain that idea.

Zero chance they are remade, specially since 95% of prequel trilogy hate comes from internet forums.

Evidence:

2z3qmu0.jpg

Online, self-proclaimed masters of all things cinema deem Episode I an abomination. Lucasfilm re-releases it theatrically in sub-par 3D 13 years into its online bashing and it makes $43.5 million in America alone.

Prequel hate = an exclusively web-based mentality.

I don't care if it made 100 billion, I can still dislike it. You're like a lot of people that equate box office haul with quality and generally those two things are unrelated.

I don't care if it made 100 billion, I can still dislike it. You're like a lot of people that equate box office haul with quality and generally those two things are unrelated.

I'm not saying great box office returns trump quality. I'm saying the majority of that $40 Million came from people who didn't think it was a bad movie since they could have watched it for free at home.

Prequel hate is strong online but its a group so miniscule that it doesn't influence the way the general audience perceives those films.

The best example is ROTS. Deemed just as bad as the first two by people in forums yet well received by critics and loved by most people.

Zero chance they are remade, specially since 95% of prequel trilogy hate comes from internet forums.

Evidence:

2z3qmu0.jpg

Online, self-proclaimed masters of all things cinema deem Episode I an abomination. Lucasfilm re-releases it theatrically in sub-par 3D 13 years into its online bashing and it makes $43.5 million in America alone.

Prequel hate = an exclusively web-based mentality.

Argumentum ad Populum.

I'm saying the majority of that $40 Million came from people who didn't think it was a bad movie since they could have watched it for free at home.

Small nitpick here, but there actually hasn't been a 3-D home release for any of the Star Wars movies so far. I'm not sure how big a factor that was in the performance of the rerelease though.

Yes, online fora can be an echo chamber for prequel hate. Rotten Tomatoes is more balanced and, while the PT still scores weaker than the OT, it's not as abysmal as often gets made out.

Interestingly, like me it puts AOTC above TPM and ROTS about on par with ROTJ.

I have always believe that the stories for the PT are sound but were poorly told.

I have always believe that the stories for the PT are sound but were poorly told.

Yep. Which is why I've made peace with the fact that the events that occurred in the PT are the "true" backstory of the OT, but were just translated poorly on screen. So if any new films or stories reference things like Gungans or Battle Droids I don't really care anymore. The PT is kind of like Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor. Just because the film was poorly executed it doesn't mean that the events it depicted "never happened." And if some other movie that takes place later in WWII and references the events of Pearl Harbor that doesn't mean it is suddenly "tainted" just because Bay made a bad movie about it. It was just one adaptation of the events poorly told, nothing more.

The PT is kind of like Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor. Just because the film was poorly executed it doesn't mean that the events it depicted "never happened."

Good analogy. The historical re-enactment was great, shame about the love story (same with Titanic).

Though as also mentioned above ROTS tends to get unfairly lumped in with "the PT".

And it is also better than TPM, AOTC, and ROTJ. It does not deserve to be clumped in with TPM/AOTC.

To me it is my #1 or #2 Star Wars movie.
ROTS is #1 or #2?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back