Odds Disney remakes Ep 1-3???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubs&Doggers

Super Freak
Reaction score
If TFA turns out to be pretty darn entertaining and more importanly intelligently made (these 1/6 figures will sell like hot cakes).. What do u think the odds are Disney remakes the prequels? As I sit here watching AOTC and shutter.. I've pondered this question.

Will never happen. Disney has already acknowledged the events of the prequels many times over in their new "canon" and I'm sure TFA will in some form as well. AOTC will just always be a low point of the overall "saga" that we'll have to live with.

Pretty slim odds. Considering there is so many other areas to explore, there isn't a good reason to focus energy on that prequel era. Also, remaking the prequels would confuse a large number of fans/casual moviegoers and irritate the people that enjoy them (they are out there). If anything, they may just not mention things that come from the prequels but I am not sure they are going to do that considering recent rumors.

I think it's very unlikely bordering on "never gonna happen". As disappointing as the movies are to many fans (including myself) they still did very well at the box office and have generally favorable views. Unlike Terminator 3, Salvation and Genisys which were all failed attempts at restarting interest in a series, the PT did it's job, got SW back on peoples minds and made a lot of bank.

I think rather than wipe the slate clean and start over Disney will continue to release merchandise related to the PT, but also focus more on the OT and new trilogy and just keep the PT at enough of a distance to not be embarassed by them, but still make money.

I think rather than wipe the slate clean and start over Disney will continue to release merchandise related to the PT, but also focus more on the OT and new trilogy and just keep the PT at enough of a distance to not be embarassed by them, but still make money.

This sounds like smart business. You're probably on point here. But man the prequels.. just.. don't.. make sense. It's already become a sensitive subject that's been beaten to death so I don't mean to go down that road but again as I try every time with an open mind... It's gets slammed shut very quickly with the choices that were made by adults who were seemingly intelligent enough at the time. They are just lazy, lazy story telling. And for person who SW & ESB means so much.. I get embarrassed everytime someone asked. "Which is your favorite?"

Yeah, won't happen and as much as I look at them as a complete failed opportunity, I think it'd be a waste of time to rehash the story. I'm far more interested in OT spin-offs and the new trilogy than I am in having the prequel story re-told.

Yep, lots of stuff one could do with OT Vader to make him cool, again. Especially while JEJ is still around. :pray:

Why remake it when you can simply do "spin-offs" until the end of time?

Exactly... there is no lack of interest in more SW; so as bad as some of us feel they were there really isn't a need to reinvigorate the series. Just keep cranking out new movies and TV shows until the end of time.

Yep, lots of stuff one could do with OT Vader to make him cool, again. Especially while JEJ is still around. :pray:

Well if JEJ isn't up for it we always have JL & HC to fill the void. It is canon remember.

But yes to have Mr Jones voice Vader one more time would be pretty cool :clap

For better or (definitely) worse the Prequels are that one night of High School passion that stays with you for a lifetime of pain and they cannot be remade in our lifetime. As bad and crappy as they are there is no sense to go back and try to change the recent past while the generations of people alive know about the current story arcs and characters. Perhaps some decades down the road.

If they hit the reset they will redo the whole damn thing. Disney is smart like that. :wink1:

Well if JEJ isn't up for it we always have JL & HC to fill the void. It is canon remember.

But yes to have Mr Jones voice Vader one more time would be pretty cool :clap

Didn't he just voice him on Rebels?

Darth-Vader-Nooooo.jpg

Gosh then they'd have to remake 7-9 don't ya think?

I don't mean change the story or events of Ep 1-3 but just re-write them and take out the junk you don't need (the list is to long to mention). Give us a nice polished, logical retelling.. with story development that doesn't just whore out the original trilogy.

Back